Cats OR Dogs?

Cats
52%
Dogs
48%

Total votes : 177

Re: Either/Or: Cats vs Dogs

Postby zom-zom on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:52 am

Yeah sure, I'm going to reach down and "separate" them when the krazy kat is hissing, biting and clawing my dog's face, while one hand is holding the leash with a scared 85lb. dog on the end of it. Perhaps I could have reasoned with the cat.

I wasn't aiming, and actually more like trying to shove the offender away.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Seby on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:06 am

Cats!

This poll is too close for comfort....
Seby
francis bacon
francis bacon

Postby harpseal2 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:17 am

zom-zom wrote:Yeah sure, I'm going to reach down and "separate" them when the krazy kat is hissing, biting and clawing my dog's face, while one hand is holding the leash with a scared 85lb. dog on the end of it. Perhaps I could have reasoned with the cat.

I wasn't aiming, and actually more like trying to shove the offender away.

I would definitely not be putting my hands anywhere near the cat, and I nor Eliya was saying that you should've done that. I assumed from the word "kick" that you gave the cat a solid, calculated booting, but evidently you only meant to remove the little shit from your dog's vicinity and you weren't intentionally trying to kick it.

Apologies for the misunderstanding, and I hope your poor pooch is okay!
I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Brock.

sulfur)addict wrote:My love for the Stooges is a complex and nuanced thing, like the female orgasm, or running Diablo 2 on Windows 7.
harpseal2
e^iπ = -1
e^iπ = -1

Postby eliya on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:52 am

Yeah, ok, just putting your leg between them makes sense.

Honestly, picking them up by the scruff and telling them to take a hike is the best method. Luckily, I never had to do that with a cat I don't know.
eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby n.c. on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 pm

i have seven cats and they are all amazing. honestly these are some really wonderful animals. entertaining and funny as fuck.
n.c.
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby mookie1010 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Dude. Dogs are 1000X better. Come on.

The last time we went out of town for the weekend, the dog made my parents happy by hanging out with them for a day and a half and the cat shit on my comforter.

This isn't even a question.
mookie1010
marshall
marshall

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Dogs are better if you want a drooling animal to be your needy best friend. And I'm not knocking that: a lot of people clearly do.

I'd rather not, but it's out of my hands.
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby enframed on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:08 am

Anthony Flack wrote:Dogs are better if you want a drooling animal to be your needy best friend. And I'm not knocking that: a lot of people clearly do.

I'd rather not, but it's out of my hands.

Dogs can be trained to not be needy, and certain breeds [seem to be] naturally more aloof. My dog is alone for ten hours a day, I walk in the door, he looks up and puts his head back down.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby djimbe on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:27 pm

can't vote. There are 4 cats here, and 3 dogs. They get along surprisingly well. The cats, each in their own way, are every bit as affectionate as the dogs, and a couple of them cats are needy bitches sometimes. There is space inside and out here, and all of the animals kill from time to time, so maybe that's why they coexist well...
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby Me Again on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:01 am

...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
yogi berra
yogi berra

Postby Anthony Flack on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Yeah, anybody can see that one. Cats are just better at playing it cool.

I did not realise that raccoons are primate-level. Go raccoons.
Anthony Flack

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:59 pm

banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby SkronkFronkerdale on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Some dogs really annoy me(largely the ones that never stop barking and begging) and some of the dog-centric attitudes of certain "dog people", with their fervent dog patriotism and sworn dog allegiances, dog pamphlets and dog license plates and dog propaganda etc, can really annoy me sometimes as well(but its not the dogs' fault of course). I do love a lot of dogs though! They really are man's best friend. They sure do love people! Is that in the breeding maybe? Either way, dogs are perfectly lovably creatures for the most part.

Regardless, I could never have a dog where I am the primary caretaker. Dogs tire me right out. Too much work and attention required at all times. Plus I wouldn't want to disturb my cats, at whichever period in my life, with a dog if he wasn't a perfect fit somehow ha. Cats work at my speed. I pretty much think that I am a cat. Almost always get on famously with cats too, and other peoples cats are often quick to take a liking to me. Feels like a natural relationship with cats, I guess cause I've been around them most of my life. I guess you could say, I'm a "cat person"! Oh the horrible irony! But just like dogs, I like some cats a lot more than others. And that's my favorite thing about both animals. Each relationship with your dog or cat is unique in its own way. Its two personalities in a highly interactive relationship. Along with being around children, pets such as these two are the best therapy I know of.
SkronkFronkerdale
pryor
pryor

Postby kokorodoko on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:33 pm

I have a theory that the reason humans domesticated cats and dogs is because we ran into them in the wild, got attacked by them once or twice and were like "Fuck it, either we exterminate these things or we tame them".

On a list of "Most horrible animals to be eaten by", those two would be a the top. By a mile.

I'm a cat man, by the way. They agree with my temperament. I get along with dogs, but I wouldn't want to live with one.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
kokorodoko
bridge
bridge

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm

kokorodoko wrote:On a list of "Most horrible animals to be eaten by", those two would be a the top. By a mile.

What about snails?
Anthony Flack

Postby kokorodoko on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:
kokorodoko wrote:On a list of "Most horrible animals to be eaten by", those two would be a the top. By a mile.

What about snails?

I had to google "how do snails eat".

A garden snail has thousands of tiny teeth.

These thousands of tiny teeth are located on a ribbon like tongue and work like a file and rip the food to bits.

Sounds like you could either be quickly shredded to bits, or it would be like being grated to death.

If the latter, the snail would be a candidate yes.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
kokorodoko
bridge
bridge

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:15 pm

kokorodoko wrote:
Anthony Flack wrote:

What about snails?

I had to google "how do snails eat".

A garden snail has thousands of tiny teeth.

These thousands of tiny teeth are located on a ribbon like tongue and work like a file and rip the food to bits.

Sounds like you could either be quickly shredded to bits, or it would be like being grated to death.

If the latter, the snail would be a candidate yes.

Houseflies might be worse.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap