home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

"Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Kratom

Get away from me with that inky bullshit, Hippie!
32%
Hell yeah! Let me play that Didgeridoo!
68%

Total votes : 38

Re: "Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Postby Dave N. on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Trying to dial it back. I’ve been using 10-12 grams a day for 3 years. It makes me feel good, but it makes me complacent. It helped get me through a divorce and it helped me stop drinking for a couple of years. It helped with anxiety and depression. It helped with allergies. It helped get me through hours of mundane factory work. It’s a miracle drug on those fronts, but it extinguishes the creative spark.

As for withdrawals, the first day was a headache and my body felt like it was hit by a truck. Strange dreams. It tapers off quickly.
Dave N.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby blackmarket on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 pm

I could never do this stuff during the day. After three hours or so I get uncontrollably sleepy and my eyes begin to close. It is a nice, relaxing thing to do before bed.

I see people talking in grams. How does this translate to teaspoons? 10-12 grams (two or three teaspoons?) does not seem like a lot to take in a day.
blackmarket
"kick a ginger day" victim

Postby Riff Magnum on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Dave N. wrote:Trying to dial it back. I’ve been using 10-12 grams a day for 3 years. It makes me feel good, but it makes me complacent. It helped get me through a divorce and it helped me stop drinking for a couple of years. It helped with anxiety and depression. It helped with allergies. It helped get me through hours of mundane factory work. It’s a miracle drug on those fronts, but it extinguishes the creative spark.

As for withdrawals, the first day was a headache and my body felt like it was hit by a truck. Strange dreams. It tapers off quickly.

Weird. I've experienced the opposite. I mean it's actually kinda creepy how the past few years of your life sounds a lot like the last few years of mine, but Ive been able to write tons of songs all while working two jobs and being a single dad with two kids. Been a few lulls here and there, but nothing catastrophic.
Good to know the withdrawals aren't too bad, because i know i need to dial it back as well. I probably take 4-5 teaspoons a day, which is about twice as much as i was taking a year or two ago.
Riff Magnum
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby mrcancelled on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Kratom withdrawals put me on my ass a couple of times, even from relatively short-term use. The insomnia and restless legs were the worst part, the cold symptoms I could deal with. But then I always went cold turkey and everyone recommends tapering.

Drugs are weird. Some folks get terrible withdrawals, some don't. Kratom puts some people to sleep, for others (like me) it's pretty much speed.
mrcancelled
johnny cash
johnny cash

Postby DregsInTheCrowd on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 am

For me, one of the weirdest aspects of it is that if you keep yourself engaged with some project, it DOES work like speed. But if you choose to close your eyes for even a moment, you will be out cold for three hours without fail. With all the active compounds it contains, it's no surprise that it's a mixed bag of effects that manifest to different degrees depending on the user, strain, dose, and choice of contiguous activities.
Last edited by DregsInTheCrowd on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Mike, and I play music in Stripper Deville.
DregsInTheCrowd
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby DregsInTheCrowd on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 am

[double post]
DregsInTheCrowd
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

I take it a lot and started on it years ago. I went off of it for two weeks cold turkey when we went to the Philippines to get married and see my wife’s family. I had insomnia but I get that every single time I travel. I didn’t mind because what the fuck, I was in a new country.
Come to think of it, the flight there was horrible, but of course it would be. I even brought a few Xanax, which I do not enjoy recreationally and they just agitated me. The flight back was no big deal except we flew United and they fucking sucked compare to ANA. So, it’s difficult to tell if I had them.
I’ve never notices it having any effects on my creativity. If anything it kind of helps me get my ass to the practice space after a long day at work rather than just going home. Might be just different ways of working - I have to grind to get anything done. Not naturally gifted enough to do anything but play all the time.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby enframed on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Best strain for increasing energy? Thanks.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm

What are y'all mixing your powder with? OJ is kinda scorching my gullet. This shit tastes terrible
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Riff Magnum on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Boombats wrote:What are y'all mixing your powder with? OJ is kinda scorching my gullet. This shit tastes terrible

Water. It's awful but you get used to it and it's far better for you than drinking 5 glasses of OJ or mountain dew or sweet tea, or whatever else every day.
I got a spare "blender" or whatever those protein shake things are called, that I use. That and ice cubes I think help dissolve it up better, so it's easier to chug.
I used to do the Marsupialized method, which was basically just a kratom shot, but fuck that.
Riff Magnum

Postby Dave N. on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 pm

SoCal has a batch of Pink Maeng Da that is pretty great for energy. I’m down to 4-6 grams a day, and only this strain. It’s two parts red, one part white. Do not take before bed.
Dave N.

Postby enframed on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am

Thank you. They were out of pink but am trying gold Maeng Da.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 am

Riff Magnum wrote:
Boombats wrote:What are y'all mixing your powder with? OJ is kinda scorching my gullet. This shit tastes terrible

Water. It's awful but you get used to it and it's far better for you than drinking 5 glasses of OJ or mountain dew or sweet tea, or whatever else every day.
I got a spare "blender" or whatever those protein shake things are called, that I use. That and ice cubes I think help dissolve it up better, so it's easier to chug.
I used to do the Marsupialized method, which was basically just a kratom shot, but fuck that.

Ice cold water. A teaspoon of cheap matcha from Amazon neutralizes the taste. The texture sucks but if you let it sit after stirring it in and then stir again it blends better. You have to down it, then chase with an orange slice or pickle or your favorite sparkling water.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby Boombats on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 am

Fuck all that, I'm sticking with OJ. All I do is 2 to 3 teaspoons and enough juice to down in one gulp. I find letting it sit for too long in liquid turns it into a thick pulp as it absorbs the water, and makes it harder to swallow. My friend does it with chocolate milk, but I'm afraid that taste combo will make me blow chunks.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby rayword45 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am

Chocolate (replacement) milk is actually definitely the best choice.
rayword45
hades
hades

Postby Riff Magnum on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am

Boombats wrote:Fuck all that, I'm sticking with OJ. All I do is 2 to 3 teaspoons and enough juice to down in one gulp. I find letting it sit for too long in liquid turns it into a thick pulp as it absorbs the water, and makes it harder to swallow. My friend does it with chocolate milk, but I'm afraid that taste combo will make me blow chunks.

Yeah, that sounds gross. If you haven't been taking it very long I would strongly advice cutting your dosage to 1 teaspoon per. Makes it easier to tolerate and I find it has pretty much the same effect as more. Saves on $$$$ too.
Riff Magnum

Postby blackmarket on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Get your self a 4oz-6oz class jar with a screw-on lid. Like a baby food jar. A couple of teaspoons and a few ounces of water. Shake vigorously. Drink quickly.
blackmarket

Postby blackmarket on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:43 pm

enframed wrote:Best strain for increasing energy? Thanks.

I don't notice a huge difference between the white, red, gold, and green strains I have. Dosage size determines the energetic or floating effect for me.
blackmarket

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Boombats wrote:Fuck all that, I'm sticking with OJ. All I do is 2 to 3 teaspoons and enough juice to down in one gulp. I find letting it sit for too long in liquid turns it into a thick pulp as it absorbs the water, and makes it harder to swallow. My friend does it with chocolate milk, but I'm afraid that taste combo will make me blow chunks.

Yeah, i have noticed it suspends and gets thicker when it sits in orange juice, but I don’t think it does that with water. Not really the same thing.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby DregsInTheCrowd on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 pm

If you don't want to wait around for it to completely dissolve in water (which takes a long while, kratom is super hydrophobic), and don't want it to foam up to an undrinkable degree, I think red grapefruit juice is the best option. The bitterness of the fruit is sort of, I guess, almost, somewhat complimentary. It has a strong flavor of its own that covers up the most eggregiously plant-like flavors. And, whereas orange juice's sweetness tastes just sickly with kratom, the relative lack of sugar works in your favor here.
DregsInTheCrowd
saw big cat
saw big cat

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap