home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

"Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Kratom

Get away from me with that inky bullshit, Hippie!
32%
Hell yeah! Let me play that Didgeridoo!
68%

Total votes : 37

Re: "Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:01 pm

They certainly could raid people who made big orders prior to the ban. The evidence available to them isn't even halfway under wraps - basically anyone who has bought Kratom could end up on a list. It's not as if we don't live under the world's foremost carceral state. As far as I know, it would just be like having weed around, which is to say it's a big liability and it's up to the individual to decide if it's worth the trouble. Also, there are those of us that need to take drug testing into account. And then there's the driving around with it.

Basically all the reasons people have for not taking illegal drugs apply, but with endless amounts of electronic records of users' past buying activity. It's all out there. There was no need to take precaution before. And fuck Reddit.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby enframed on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:53 am

mrcancelled wrote:
Riff Magnum wrote:Yeah, should we be worried about having some in our possession after it's made illegal? Is the DEA gonna seize personal info on customers from the online vendors?

Don't quote me on any of this, this is coming from Reddit posts, but the general consensus is that they're not going to waste their time with individuals -- they'll go after vendors and head shops that are still stocking it/selling it after the ban. There's no precedent for them raiding individuals after the fact (when they banned "spice" / bath salts / etc).

There are thousands of people stocking up right now, some folks buying many kilos, and getting warrants and busting individuals would be a massive undertaking. I wouldn't think it would be worth the expense.

That said, anything's possible with these fucks.

I don't know about other states but here in California the local police and sheriffs in many jurisdictions are instructed that weed is not a priority. If this ban does happen, hopefully kratom is treated the same way,
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby mrcancelled on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:34 pm

I've only been using the stuff for a few months now, and it's been very helpful in that it's kept me away from booze long enough for me to sort some life shit out. For that, I'm grateful. However, it didn't take long for me to start using it compulsively, and that is very much no bueno.
mrcancelled
doc severin
doc severin

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:56 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:54 pm

No, on track, it's a process and the 30th is the beginning, that was the day they had to declare their intentions and now they do it, there's monetary stuff that goes into effect now, can't buy and sell with credit cards etc... usually takes months to years for a substance to actually become illegal to possess but Kratom is fast tracked it seems.

This is all about a synthetic kratom pill going through human testing right now one of the companies is going to start selling, I'll find the name of it later but that's what this ban is all about.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Marsupialized

Postby jimmy two hands on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:51 pm

banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby Dave N. on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Several vendors are cautiously selling.
Dave N.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:36 am

jimmy two hands wrote:DEA could reconsider kratom ban

It will be banned, nothing has changed, stories like that go out so activists start to relax and not push so hard, lot of people see that and say 'cool' and move onto something else as if it's over. It'll quietly become schedule 1 as soon as the noise dies down.
Marsupialized

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:58 am

Marsupialized wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:DEA could reconsider kratom ban

It will be banned, nothing has changed, stories like that go out so activists start to relax and not push so hard, lot of people see that and say 'cool' and move onto something else as if it's over. It'll quietly become schedule 1 as soon as the noise dies down.

Sounds like they might go through the normal procedure though. Here's my take on what will happen: they'll go through public comment, consult with the FDA ("hey FDA, what's your take? No? Ok, thanks"), FDA will approve the synthetic compound, public comments will be ignored, and then it will become schedule 1. Public comment will get fast tracked, the announcement will be issued either at 4:30 the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or on December 22nd to keep the comment volume low, and all the comments received will be condensed into a few summarized bullet points that they'll refute with some hand waving about public safety. Expect it to be officially schedule 1 within 60 days of the comment period being announced.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:21 am

Sounds about right
Marsupialized

Postby Marsupialized on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 am

Well, look at that
Exactly what Jimmy said is happening

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-24659.pdf
Marsupialized

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:24 am

I give it about a year for this to go through, maybe six months worst case. They have to go through public comment, review each of the comments and respond in a later public notice document, consult with the FDA, and then send out a later Notice of Intent to add it to a schedule (potentially opening it up to further public comment) and then issue a rulemaking along whatever the regulatory requirements are (which could also require another round of public comment). Not knowing the exact regulatory structure of the controlled substances act or the bureaucracy of the DEA and FDA, there could be more opportunity for public comment during each step of the process that involves publishing to the federal register (like the FDA consultation maybe).

The notice says they've requested the FDA expedite the review process, don't know about the legal ramifications of that but I doubt they could get a full medical analysis of this done faster than a year based on what I know about the toxicological review process. Motherfuckers are slow as fuck with that shit. Also with the amount of public scrutiny this has received there's no way they are going to skip any steps in the process. Still gonna try to ram this through, but they're going to do it by the book.

For anyone interested, comment early and comment often. Check the Federal Register webpage for updates maybe every month or so. FDA is under Health and Human Services, DEA is under Justice Department.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/current

jimmy two hands

Postby gjp on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

gjp
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Marsupialized on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:36 am

Here is a link to where public comment can be submitted in regards to the ban

If you want it to remain legal, write

http://www.kratomcomments.org/#/5/
Marsupialized

Postby catwoman on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Is dosage at all dependent on size weight of the consumer?

Any issues combining with SSRIs?

How does it compare to the Yerba Mate boost of energy/focus?
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:08 pm

catwoman wrote:Is dosage at all dependent on size weight of the consumer?

Always start with a small dose. Sometimes it is initially tricky to figure out how must to take. More is definitely not better - I'd start with a quarter of a teaspoon and just see what happens. I've never found that dosing by grams to be very useful, but those little measuring spoons that separate out tea and tablespoons are pretty convenient.

I used to take it with Lexapro and had no reaction, in fact it helped with the fatigue related side effects. I think kratom is a really good antidote to the flu like side effects I would get from depression.

Never had Yerba Mate.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby catwoman on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:49 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
catwoman wrote:Is dosage at all dependent on size weight of the consumer?

Always start with a small dose. Sometimes it is initially tricky to figure out how must to take. More is definitely not better - I'd start with a quarter of a teaspoon and just see what happens. I've never found that dosing by grams to be very useful, but those little measuring spoons that separate out tea and tablespoons are pretty convenient.

I used to take it with Lexapro and had no reaction, in fact it helped with the fatigue related side effects. I think kratom is a really good antidote to the flu like side effects I would get from depression.

Never had Yerba Mate.

Thanks. I'm always pretty cautious trying anything, although I thought I'd either weigh out 1 gram or start with a half teaspoon. The reviews of the stuff I have ordered says it's pretty weak, but I dunno.

I'm on sertraline (zoloft) now, a relatively low dose, and I always feel logey and fuzzy and lazy with a smidge of anxiety thrown in for good measure. Doc wants to increase the zoloft, I'm not enthused about that idea.

Yerba mate is like a tea drink, that gives you energy and some focus, like coffee but less jittery. I find it lasts too long and i sometimes can't sleep. It doesn't help motivation much, though.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:06 pm

I ain't had yerba matte in years but IIRC it's pretty similar on the stimulant side. Though I find that I can fall asleep much easier after having kratom. I've fallen asleep within an hour or two of a double espresso so take that as you will.

jimmy two hands

Postby rayword45 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:05 pm

I know it's been said already, but coming from someone who is frequently called a hippy, the poll options here are condescending as fuck.
rayword45
berith
berith

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap