home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

"Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Kratom

Get away from me with that inky bullshit, Hippie!
32%
Hell yeah! Let me play that Didgeridoo!
68%

Total votes : 38

Re: "Legal" thing that gets Hippies high: Kratom

Postby enframed on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:55 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:I ain't had yerba matte in years but IIRC it's pretty similar on the stimulant side. Though I find that I can fall asleep much easier after having kratom. I've fallen asleep within an hour or two of a double espresso so take that as you will.

Yerba mate has caffeine. People use it to quit coffee, which I don't quite understand, but, whatever. I learned recently that 80-100 yrs ago yerba mate was used in a fortified wine/aperitif called Hercules. I was so intrigued I made a "Hercules" to use in a cocktail at work.

I don't find yerba mate too similar to kratom, though. Kratom is MUCH more euphoric and mellow, for me anyway.

Kratomone.com has a strain called Red Horn which is quite nice.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby catwoman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks for all the info and links.
I'll report back some day after doing some research...
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:59 pm

"White Vein Bali"
~1 g (1.4 tsp.)
Meh. a couple hours of maybe "focused energy".

not good for my GERD.
Are there better ways than slurry on an empty stomach? I really need to have some food in me.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:47 am

catwoman wrote:"White Vein Bali"
~1 g (1.4 tsp.)
Meh. a couple hours of maybe "focused energy".

not good for my GERD.
Are there better ways than slurry on an empty stomach? I really need to have some food in me.

It's usually the red and green stuff that does it for me. You could have gotten a bunk strain, I dunno. It's recommended that people who are buying for the first time buy a sample pack and see what works. I should have mentioned that in my last post!

You can try to take a little more next time. Just be really careful and give it time. Drinking this stuff w/ oj makes it the most palatable but upsets my reflux hard, so I mix it with cold water and chase it with a pickle.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Also, I could be wrong but 1-1/2 tsp could be a little much on your first go. Are you sure that only came out to a gram, or vice versa?

If you are not sure that you tolerated that amount, maybe cut back to 1 tsp next time and follow up with another 1/2 in 45 min - 1 hr if you like.

I don't think taking it on either an empty or a full stomach is the best idea either. I do feel it more on an empty stomach, but it can also make me more queasy. I take mine mid morning and mid afternoon, well between meals.

Sorry for all the edits, but I've only bought Kratom from a few vendors. SoCal, mmmspeciosa, KratomOne and Phytoextractum are all popular choices. SoCal is the best, I think, but they weren't running again last time I checked. Maeng Da stuff is ok, but only if it's priced a couple dollars over the other strains. Extracts and 'premium' strains sold by the gram are total fucking ripoffs.

Vendors keep stock rotating all the time, so if you see Internet recommendations for strains dated months or years back you will assuredly not be getting the same stuff they reviewed, even if the name is the same. The best vendors tell you what dates they received their stock, and the freshest is generally the most effective.

This all sounds like a lot of trouble I'm sure, but it's all common sense once you get the hang of it. If I hadn't tried a particular strain before I would just do a search and see what those little shits on Reddit had to say about it, and I found that the general consensus there could point you towards the euphoric stuff.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby catwoman on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:18 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Also, I could be wrong but 1-1/2 tsp could be a little much on your first go. Are you sure that only came out to a gram, or vice versa?

If you are not sure that you tolerated that amount, maybe cut back to 1 tsp next time and follow up with another 1/2 in 45 min - 1 hr if you like.

Argh... That was supposed to read "1/2 tsp", not 1.4!!! Fumbly fingers...
I'm pretty cautious...
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:22 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
It's usually the red and green stuff that does it for me. You could have gotten a bunk strain, I dunno. It's recommended that people who are buying for the first time buy a sample pack and see what works. I should have mentioned that in my last post!

I got a sample pack, and thought the white would be good as it's "energetic". The others are in there, too. Coastline.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:09 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote: If I hadn't tried a particular strain before I would just do a search and see what those little shits on Reddit had to say about it, and I found that the general consensus there could point you towards the euphoric stuff.

"little shits on Reddit", hah!
Reddit is just so freakin inscrutable most of the time...

So unless it's a huge amount, even with a positive effect, it's not gonna put me out for hours or make me unfunctional, right?
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 am

catwoman wrote:
llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote: If I hadn't tried a particular strain before I would just do a search and see what those little shits on Reddit had to say about it, and I found that the general consensus there could point you towards the euphoric stuff.

"little shits on Reddit", hah!
Reddit is just so freakin inscrutable most of the time...

So unless it's a huge amount, even with a positive effect, it's not gonna put me out for hours or make me unfunctional, right?

Never take a huge amount. It will make you sick fast. Just try a little more next time. It takes some experimenting to find what dose gices you a euphoric effect. I really can't tell you what to take n grams, maybe just add a 1/4 tsp more than you had last time. The euphoric effect is sort of like a mellow glow similar to effect you might get from Vicodin or something, but way more subtle. Not as intoxicating as weed or anything. I still wouldn't drive on it until you see how it effects you.

If you take too much it will make you very nauseous and dizzy.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby catwoman on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:01 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Never take a huge amount. It will make you sick fast. Just try a little more next time. It takes some experimenting to find what dose gices you a euphoric effect. I really can't tell you what to take n grams, maybe just add a 1/4 tsp more than you had last time. The euphoric effect is sort of like a mellow glow similar to effect you might get from Vicodin or something, but way more subtle. Not as intoxicating as weed or anything. I still wouldn't drive on it until you see how it effects you.

If you take too much it will make you very nauseous and dizzy.

RMD trial, 1/4 of a banana, and a little mango nectar, and 1/2 t.. Blenderized it.
A little woobly for a bit, but again, nothing dramatic that made me go, "whoa, I feel that!"

At some point after I get a feel for it, maybe I'll work on teas of it.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:52 pm

Hrm.
MD tea, late last week. Not much, and I was really bummed next day.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby a leg plaster on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Scoop of Mmm's Baik Bali is still my fav.

Anybody have any luck grinding or using crushed leaf into a usable form? We got a shit ton of it for cheap, and I didn't really think about how much work it would be to mince it into powder. May as well give it a go.
(exaggeration)
a leg plaster
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby enframed on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:52 pm

a leg plaster wrote:Scoop of Mmm's Baik Bali is still my fav.

Anybody have any luck grinding or using crushed leaf into a usable form? We got a shit ton of it for cheap, and I didn't really think about how much work it would be to mince it into powder. May as well give it a go.

I'd rather try making a tea out of it.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:30 pm

catwoman wrote:Hrm.

I would maybe buy a little bag of something somewhere else that reviews well on here or Reddit. If that doesn't do anything for you, then maybe goblin just isn't for you! It's like anything, some people don't respond well alcohol or weed or coffee or whatever.

Mmmspeciosa is a pretty reputable vendor - they are a little expensive if you buy in bulk but they are pretty consistent. They also offer sample packs if you want to try. You can email them and ask them what are the most popular strains - tell them you're new and didn't have a great experience with the last supplier you tried. Say that you are looking for a 'euphoric, uplifting aroma' or something dumb like that. They usually throw in a few extra samples, too.

Personally, red vein MD and red horns are always my favorite. Maybe a little bag of Bali like FM a leg plaster mentioned.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:02 pm

I ordered Red Riau from SoCal and it is some of the worst tasting kratom I've ever had. Totally unpalatable, and it's fucking brown. Really disappointed in them, going to see about getting my money back.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Postby catwoman on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:44 pm

enframed wrote:
a leg plaster wrote:Scoop of Mmm's Baik Bali is still my fav.

I'd rather try making a tea out of it.

Speaking of tea, how long will leftover tea be good for, if kept in the fridge in a closed container?
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
catwoman wrote:Hrm.

I would maybe buy a little bag of something somewhere else that reviews well on here or Reddit. If that doesn't do anything for you, then maybe goblin just isn't for you! It's like anything, some people don't respond well alcohol or weed or coffee or whatever.

good idea!
Did I read upthread somewhere about a gene that doesn't respond or rapidly metabolizes stuff like this? I will Google.
I may just not be reaching the right strength.
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby catwoman on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:04 am

aha!
That mengda stuff, ~1.25 g crammed into a bunch of supplement capsules that I emptied and refilled with this stuff.
Okay, now I get it. Got very rubberbandy, pleasantly so.
More research is required!
catwoman
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Marsupialized on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 am

Anyone ever tried Chuchuhuasi?
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby a leg plaster on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Crazy good deal at MS. $125 for 2.5 kg of green MD + 75 g in your choice of free samples. There weren't a lot left when I last checked.
(exaggeration)
a leg plaster

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap