68%
NOT CRAP
32%

Total votes : 225

Re: Collective: Odd Future

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 am

John W. wrote:
SecondEdition wrote:So Tyler felt the need to respond:
Feel Like I Have To Defend Myself. 1 Idk Who The Fuck Steve Albino Is 2. I Dont 'Nigger Everything Insight' 3. I Never Say Fuck U To Drivers
4. We (odd future) Never Discuss How Much We Are Making A Show In Public, Ever.
5. Me Nor Anyone i Know In My Age Group Know Who You Are, Old Ass. Surprised You Knew how To Use A Computer. And Whats Good With RAPEMAN?

"Albino" - check!

"Who cares what you think old man" comment - check!

This is like one of those dolls where you pull a string and it says predictable shit.

Also I like how the first letter of every word (besides the odd future) is capitalized. Just like in a Winnie the Pooh book!
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Ben Abraham on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm

SecondEdition wrote:So Tyler felt the need to respond:
Feel Like I Have To Defend Myself. 1 Idk Who The Fuck Steve Albino Is 2. I Dont 'Nigger Everything Insight' 3. I Never Say Fuck U To Drivers
4. We (odd future) Never Discuss How Much We Are Making A Show In Public, Ever.
5. Me Nor Anyone i Know In My Age Group Know Who You Are, Old Ass. Surprised You Knew how To Use A Computer. And Whats Good With RAPEMAN?

I'm 25, I know who Steve Albini is but I barely heard of this Odd Future Blow Me Sideways thing...I had to Wikipedia them after I heard about Steve's rant.
Ben Abraham
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Me Nor Anyone i Know In My Age Group Know Who You Are, Old Ass. Surprised You Knew how To Use A Computer.

File under "every AV Club comment under an article about a band that existed before 2000"
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Just posting again to make sure all our new international guests click on the links in my signature. Check us out, guys!
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Eugenius on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 pm

1 Idk Who The Fuck Steve Albino Is

I see what he did here. You think this is a spelling mistake but you would be wrong. He used that playing with words thing he does so well to make this a black vs white issue. Essentially disempowering the "Man" by deliberately removing all pigment from his argument and emphasizing his extreme "whiteness."

2. I Dont 'Nigger Everything Insight'

N***** Everything Insight is a critical school of thought that believes non-whites are more attuned to the earth than the "civilized" white people. Tyler is debunking this theory.

4. We (odd future)

"odd future" are the only two words not capitalized. Insecure much?

5. Me Nor Anyone i Know In My Age Group Know Who You Are, Old Ass. Surprised You Knew how To Use A Computer.

Should we tell Tyler that Steve refuses to use Pro-Tools?

And Whats Good With RAPEMAN?

He could have had so much more fun with BIG BLACK!
EuroFop
I play bass and sometimes sing in Glass Cat
Eugenius
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 pm

SecondEdition wrote:You don't even know how to switch on pro-tools, Old Ass. Surprised You Knew how To Use A Computer. And Whats Good With RAPEMAN?
[/quote]

See, that might've worked for accuracy's sake.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby John Houlihan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

DrAwkward wrote:Just posting again to make sure all our new international guests click on the links in my signature. Check us out, guys!

Good call! Oh, and be sure to check out my band, Victory! And Associates!. This is us playing Lollapalooza last week.  Also, don't forget about the new record, These Things are Facts!. Pre-pre-order your copy today!
John Houlihan
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Johnny C on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm

it's all fun and games until someone gets signed to xl
Rick Reuben wrote:None of us is the person we were supposed to be.

these estates | architects & builders | delta throats | plywood | oiseaux
Johnny C
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby scntfc on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 pm

John Houlihan wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:Just posting again to make sure all our new international guests click on the links in my signature. Check us out, guys!

Good call! Oh, and be sure to check out my band, Victory! And Associates!. This is us playing Lollapalooza last week.  Also, don't forget about the new record, These Things are Facts!. Pre-pre-order your copy today!

this whole controversy is a viral marketing scheme. rap beef = attention from hiphop cognescenti = rapeman sample licensed for next kanye record = money in the bank.
scntfc
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby SR-1 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:57 pm

With all the drive by views this has been getting, I'm desperately disappointed that still no one here has had the decency to add a cock picture. I'm talking full bush, balls tucked in the go position, a real beauty.

Someone has to be held culpable. Isn't Boombats meant to be the enforcer on matters like this? Asleep at the wheel, PRF.
SR-1
tmidgett
tmidgett

Postby jimmy spako on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

SR-1 wrote:With all the drive by views this has been getting, I'm desperately disappointed that still no one here has had the decency to add a cock picture. I'm talking full bush, balls tucked in the go position, a real beauty.

Someone has to be held culpable. Isn't Boombats meant to be the enforcer on matters like this?

Boombats wrote:A lot of rap stands as as testament that white males are still so repressed and insecure that they have to elect token black males to express anger, sexuality and violence for them.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

perfect.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Eugenius on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Is there a way to redirect or "Kerble" drive by visitors to another location?
EuroFop
Eugenius

Postby Nicholas.L on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Although Steve certainly does not need anyone to defend him, and I am most certainly preaching to the choir here, I felt compelled to be a vocal dissident against the railroading Steve has been receiving in the press for decades.

Here is my reply to an article on Exclaim!:

The conclusion that both Tyler and your writer deduce from their cursory reading of Albini's reproach is short sighted. Albini eloquently elucidated that he has no gripe with the content of their music and is in fact not qualified to make any assertions of its quality. Furthermore, he clearly states that the content of an artist's creative output is not necessarily indicative of the artist's character. This repudiates your writer's "surface analysis" that Tyler has any substantial reasoning in mentioning Rapeman, as the content of OFWGKTA's music was never a contended issue to begin with. Albini was simply replying to a question regarding his interaction with the group and incisively outed them for their "asshole" behavior. Is it not telling that Odd Future's own publicist apologized for the incident?

There seems to be blanket resentment in the music press towards Albini and his views. Yet if one were to actually read the content of his discourse, one would realize that he is a humanist who extols ethical, moral behaviour. His dissemination of the music industry's inherent hypocrisy is not only correct but desperately needed. He does not offer his opinion unless asked and is more than happy to keep to himself cooking, playing poker and helping needy families around Christmas. I have an inkling that the reason why so many people are uncomfortable with Steve's conclusions is that they realize it correctly suggests a pettiness on their part. This is understandable for it is very hard to be consistently ethical and much easier to call someone an "Old Ass".

Rather than encouraging a tabloid culture of misinformation, I feel that your readership would benefit from a little more exhaustive research and analysis.

Again, I have felt compelled to speak out against the uniform derision Steve receives from press outlets in the past, but this instance particularly warranted an alternative perspective.

All the best,

Nick
Nicholas.L
president bartlett
president bartlett

Postby Sowley on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:52 pm

dear drive by viewers... I sing for a band called Fake Limbs.

I was also in Neutral Milk Hotel.
Stephen Sowley
scsowley@gmail.com

"...When last year, I spent more money on spilled liquor in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made."--Ric Flair
Sowley
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Evin Relocation on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm

I heartily LOL'ed... like, movie laughter loud.
Evin Relocation
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Evin Relocation on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:09 pm

BTW new visitors... you should be aware that sleeping with me will get your name in gossip columns as well as every tumblr run by an anorexic PR girl this side of Timbuktu.

PM button is right there.

As Victory and Associates will tell you, these thing are facts.

You know what to do.
Evin Relocation
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Antero on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Ptommydski wrote:

Again, even in the company of this cocaine-addled lunatic they come across as infectiously likeable kids. They seem to be having fun. Good comic timing, expressive and amusing voices etc.

I am sure they can be assholes but something about their kind of bratty, cocky and silly demeanour is amusing from afar.

Tim Westwood makes me really uncomfortable. Am I alone here? I guess I can't be, because the look Hodgy and Tyler give each other when Westwood calls Tyler a "naughty boy" is absolutely priceless.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:51 pm

I'd like to take this time to remind everyone that I'm the Mayor of Rock N Roll.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Eugenius on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Everyone be on their best behavior, there are 146 guests here right now! Wow, Steve vs Odd Future has gone "VIRAL" (shudders at the term).
EuroFop
Eugenius

Postby Ptommydski on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Antero wrote:Tim Westwood makes me really uncomfortable. Am I alone here?

Uncomfortable isn't the word. He is the biggest and yet least funny joke I can immediately think of. What an unquantifiably embarrassing human being. I have seen people shitting themselves maintain more dignity than this loathsome cog of a man.
Ptommydski
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap