Jacobin Magazine

Crap
23%
Not Crap
77%

Total votes : 57

Re: Magazine: Jacobin

Postby Gramsci on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Not crap. However some waffles for some shoddy articles on Brazil and connections to far right loonitunes site Spiked.

For those that aren’t aware of Spiked, it’s run by the Monsanto funded Living Marxism - former U.K. Revolutionary Communist Party. A leftwing falseflag “Party” set up by U.K. libertarian groups to discredit the left in the 1980s. They now go by the name of the Institute of Ideas. They are fucking poison and any one that’s opted to publish with them should be blacklisted.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby connor on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:01 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:Just subscribed. Recommend me things I must read.

Get at me, yf.

From the top of my head, here are some of my favorite pieces:

Our editor Seth Ackerman detailing a strategy for a labor party that avoids both the third-party trap and the "we can take over the Dems" delusion.

Meagan Day on how the liberal-left went from demanding national childcare to address rampant child abuse (almost entirely rooted in neglect) -- which Nixon vetoed -- to obsessing over "sex criminals" as the primary "protect children' strategy.

Matt Karp on how the Democrats have now become a thoroughly professional class party, which means it can't win workers in big enough numbers to marginalize the rightwing.

Ronan Burtenshaw's story of how the NHS was built -- the greatest achievement of the working class in the 20th century.

Toure Reed on why liberals love to separate race from class.

Mike Beggs on why a demand for full-employment/jobs guarantee is a much better program than a guaranteed income.

Two pieces by Cedric Johnson: a damning critique of Ta-Nehisi Coates and -- from our peer-reviewed academic journal Catalyst -- the problem with nostalgia for the Panthers and Black Power.

Two pieces by Vivek Chibber: on why we talk about 'the working class' (it's not because they're the most oppressed or because they're somehow heroic or morally sound) and a really important one on why we need to mostly just move the fuck on from both the Bolshevik example and, yes, delusions of "rupture" and "revolution."

Megan Erickson on the privatization of childhood.

Me on why we should take a lesson from the great labor leader Tony Mazzocchi (who got OSHA passed) on fighting climate change via working class empowerment and avoiding the liberal rhetoric of "environmentalism as austerity." And me interviewing labor historian Judith Stein on the real reasons the Democrats lost white workers over the years.

Adaner Usmani in our academic journal with some really provocative (but completely backed up) points about the mistake both liberals and radicals are making in how they diagnose our carceral state.

If I think of more, I'll post them but don't want to threadjack.
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby dontfeartheringo on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Dang, this is incredible. Thank you!
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap