Maple Syrup!

Crap
3%
Not Crap
97%

Total votes : 37

Re: Maple Syrup

Postby djimbe on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:53 pm

stewie wrote:Last summer I was up in VT at Hill Farmstead's brewery, and they had this for sale:

Yes, that's pure maple syrup ages in bourbon barrels. $40 a bottle and yes I bought one. Haven't tried it yet.

Last year you got this product. And you have yet to try it? Really? Not even a little bit? Like a swig? A freakin' spoonful?

C'mon, man. You found this stuff and told us about it. Finish the report, can't ya?
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby jacobwilliam on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Lake Front brewery at one point made maple syrup root beer and I remember it being amazing. I keep asking for friends to look for it for me when they're in WI. I couldn't find it last time I was there. I also have fond memories of eating maple syrup candy at the Wisconsin state fair. I want both of those items right now.
jacobwilliam
bobcat
bobcat

Postby Evanc521 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:41 am

When we used to drive up to New England we would stop at this doublewide in VT and my dad would buy a couple of jerry cans of syrup from this old guy. It completely ruined Denny's and Waffle House pancakes for me.
Evanc521
richard diebenkorn
richard diebenkorn

Postby djimbe on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:06 pm

2017 and the sap is running about 2 weeks early here in NW Indiana. Cooked up my first batch today and it's pretty darn good. This coming week looks good for sap production, at least temperature wise. I have 9 taps running this year. Saturday and Sunday collection this weekend was about 10 gallons total. Final yield was maybe 20 oz.
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby Boombats on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Interesting that this thread came up tonight, as I just now made a batch of Master Cleanse.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Chromodynamic on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:09 pm

djimbe wrote:
stewie wrote:Last summer I was up in VT at Hill Farmstead's brewery, and they had this for sale:

Yes, that's pure maple syrup ages in bourbon barrels. $40 a bottle and yes I bought one. Haven't tried it yet.

Last year you got this product. And you have yet to try it? Really? Not even a little bit? Like a swig? A freakin' spoonful?

C'mon, man. You found this stuff and told us about it. Finish the report, can't ya?

Still waiting to hear back on this.
Chromodynamic
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 am

Is there an e-cig flavor called "Vaple Syrup"?
There should be.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby japmn on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:04 pm

I love it,it's rad. I've been using a ton of Blackstrap molasses lately as well. Both are great in Korean or Chinese food for the sweet variable.
japmn
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby djimbe on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Sap is running now at the Indiana Dunes. Me and the 4 year old put in 9 taps Saturday at noon and had 7 gallons by 2pm Sunday.

Look at the date from my bump last year. Three weeks earlier this year than last. And the forecast for the next 10 days or so looks real favorable. It's January. Weird.
djimbe
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby Janeway on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 pm

frangelico = mrs butterworths
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Janeway wrote:frangelico = mrs butterworths

It's a little known fact that Signore Frangelico and Missus Butterworth are married. She kept her maiden name.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby brephophagist on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:Is there an e-cig flavor called "Vaple Syrup"?
There should be.

There's DNR.

I can't imagine the bitter fuck who votes against maple syrup, but maybe I can take a whirl through the Congressional portrait gallery and get there.
brephophagist
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby stewie on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Chromodynamic wrote:
djimbe wrote:

Still waiting to hear back on this.

Oh shit, sorry! Missed this.

It's delicious. The bourbon is subtle, and the syrup itself is absolutely A-grade. I've still got a quarter bottle left and it's still going strong.
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap