Re: Idiot - Donald Trump

Postby Boombats on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 pm

stugots
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby GrantMcNeilly on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 am

matthew wrote:
bishopdante wrote:The...Christian idea of sin becoming absolved has some potential

I'd say it has nearly two millennia worth of proof of its efficacy, and not merely on a purely physical, therapeutic level.

:smt023
TheMilford wrote: We're talking about TV here, not a Slint record or Albert Camus....
GrantMcNeilly
spleen
spleen

Postby Mama Clortho on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Mama Clortho
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby bishopdante on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Mama Clortho wrote:
trumpcop-300x275.gif
trumpcop-300x275.gif (36.22 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
502 Bad Gateway · nginx/1.0.8
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Angus Jung on Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

New article in the Outline: The Crushing Idiocy of Donald Trump.

Beyond its clickbait-y title, this article is a brilliant takedown of the 21-century Democratic Party.
When the Democrats began their transformation into the part of smarter, kinder reactionaries, they abandoned what flimsy claim they had left to a natural base within the country. The savagery of the G.O.P. helped a bit, but the smarter-manager pitch was never meant to appeal to voters. It was meant to appeal to money. For decades, the Republican Party had been plied its advantage with our financial masters, losing the more populist House but winning nearly every presidential election in the second half of the 20th century by aligning itself with the true source of American power. The Democrats upended this with a simple plea: We’ll do your bidding, but we’ll do it better. We’ll sigh while we vote to authorize the next war, we’ll shake our head over what a shame it is that we must destroy the welfare state. The planet will shriek and howl in pain, and we will promise market-based solutions, based on the latest research, with all indications suggesting that nothing significant will have to change for your grandchildren to be obscenely wealthy too.
Angus Jung
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby rayword45 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Who else is gonna watch C-SPAN like a hawk tomorrow? I can't wait to hear James Comey say the word "hookers" on television, more than anything else.
rayword45
berith
berith

Postby Angus Jung on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:46 pm

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:Was McCain OK there? That seemed out of character and just really dense. He's normally less transparent, no?

Like our current president, McCain is on the dementia spectrum. Not quite full-blown but barely functional.
Angus Jung

Postby m3kcomp on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 pm

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:Was McCain OK there? That seemed out of character and just really dense. He's normally less transparent, no?

It was an odd moment that stuck out for sure. He was either trolling hard for Trump (which makes no sense given his entire existence before this morning) or he was unable to articulate his point properly.

I'm hesitant to say he's showing signs of dementia...but shit, that was really tough to watch. Just his facial expressions alone were excruciating.
m3kcomp
gallagher
gallagher

Postby Janeway on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 am

i think he thinks being president is the same as president of a company because it's the same word, but the title and power and comfort it offers folks who believe in and respect the position demands to be earned to be there seems like... ugh businessmen have no business in office. profit chasers just make slick deals for themselves to advance, how can that be beneficial or a successful future for an entire nation?

president and ceo of the united states of america, inc. somebody call terminator 2 cause we're living it, the "machines" are actually corporations that are unable to think or feel because it's a conglomeration of itself, the enslavement of humans is our borg-like masses of citizens that use their life energy to feed into false corporate bs like "synergy " and "climbing a ladder to a successful career". what does a corporation offer other than mass amounts of prison seeming jobs when folks were born to run around in the sun like animals and not live and work in boxes. i get living for religion, but the ruse of corporate power is that it isn't anything but a machine that makes money run by folks who get tiny pieces of it, as if we're meant to exist to stack paper in a pile. the bite on the whole thing is the man on top in thinking a legacy is left when he's dead, but the only memories to be had for anyone in a position of power is that they had means and they used their ability to accomplish for them self only and the majority on earth is still suffering. gross.

i get frustrated when folks aren't better when they can be. im blasé about everything bill gates does because even if he's considering starting a great history concept to improve education and the particular way the subject is taught, even though im sure i can look up and see more he's given or whatevers, anybody who can calculate their retirement needs for their lifespan doesn't need a disgusting amount of money, thats all just excess meat you were able to haul with your hard work and opportunities but there's a whole world of us out there starving that flat out should be eating because there's meat available,so delicately and philanthropically dividing thin slices out is like... enough with the dance. open your eyes, everybody can smell when there's steak sizzlin, fuckin share
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Janeway on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:16 am

puff daddy is the highest earning entertainer in the united states and what does he do with all that money? he throws white parties for white people in the hamptons which is the whitest place in america and he makes everybody wear all white or you're not allowed and he serves gluten free french vodka. white.

he could be a household name for charity, why isn't anyone at least greedy enough to want to look good or be beloved and donate and make real changes in the world? there's vanity boosts to be had , why can't they find some reason to want to be helpful. get with it rich and powerful folks.
Kayte wrote: i'm like, pour me a fucking synthohol bish.
Janeway

Postby bishopdante on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Trump is suggesting he has the presidential pardon power to pardon the president for what he might or might not have had his son cooking up with some shady ruskies.

This really is a genuinely black comedy.

In terms of a judicial faux-pas, the absurdity is that a judge can't pass judgement on himself. As in, even a medieval aristocrat couldn't pull that one.

This is just bizarre. It would not even have done in the plot of a really out there satirical movie script from the bush era!

And in terms of what might really peeve the oldschool cold warrior right wing... doing deals with ruskies to throw an election and acquire the presidential pardon powers...

Gzr is shameless. Makes Citizen Kane look like mother Teresa.

_______

m3kcomp wrote:

It was an odd moment that stuck out for sure. He was either trolling hard for Trump (which makes no sense given his entire existence before this morning) or he was unable to articulate his point properly.

I'm hesitant to say he's showing signs of dementia...but shit, that was really tough to watch. Just his facial expressions alone were excruciating.

Not wrong. See below.

Veteran US Republican Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is reviewing treatment options, according to his office.

The options may include chemotherapy and radiation, his doctors said. The 80-year-old politician is in "good spirits" recovering at home.

He thanked those who had wished him well and said he would be back soon.

The tumour was discovered during a surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye last week.

He earned his reputation the hard way, being shot down as a US Navy pilot over Vietnam where he was held as a prisoner of war for more than five years, including two in solitary confinement.

Repeatedly beaten and tortured, Mr McCain was never again able to raise his arms above his head.

During the most recent presidential election campaign, Donald Trump belittled the senator as "not a war hero" saying "I like people who weren't captured".

Many Americans were horrified.

Trump may well get caught. Presumably he will pardon himself for draft dodging and medical fraud.

Four of Mr Trump’s deferrals from the military during the Vietnam war were granted because he was still studying, and a fifth was given for "bone spurs" in 1968, which some have questioned as Mr Trump was reported to be active in sports at the time.

The President has never released the “very strong” medical documentation which he told the New York Times enabled him to avoid service. He said the condition healed “over a period of time”.

Your "pardon me?" T shirt is in the post, Mr Trump.
bishopdante

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:52 am

"Bone spurs" is a condition in which the sufferer experiences a severe, recurring urge to bone. Trump had such an extreme case it made him medically exempt from military service.

I keep waiting for the day he says "I hereby pardon myself and all my family for any and all crimes committed, past OR future. That means we can do anything now, ok? So fuck you, we're gonna go nuts!"

Six months. Just one measly eighth.
Anthony Flack

Postby AdamN on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:48 am

More like one-sixteenth. Confirmed bachelor Corey Booker doesn't stand a chance.
AdamN
canasta
canasta

Postby seanurban on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 pm

bishopdante wrote:Trump is suggesting he has the presidential pardon power to pardon the president for what he might or might not have had his son cooking up with some shady ruskies.

In terms of a judicial faux-pas, the absurdity is that a judge can't pass judgement on himself. As in, even a medieval aristocrat couldn't pull that one.
But pardons aren't judgments. They're blatantly anti-judicial in my eyes. I'm not sure what would happen.
seanurban
King High

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Like absolutely everything about this administration, nobody knows. It's a bit like how nobody knows what happens when the USA tries to operate without a functioning State Department. Nobody's tried it before!

People were talking about the Latin roots of "pardon" and "donation" and making an argument that pardoning yourself is GRAMMATICALLY not permitted, which I guess is as good a tactic as any when you're dealing with a president who treats the Constitution like a list of dares. Although Trump was never one to respect the rules of grammar either.
Anthony Flack

Postby bishopdante on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 pm

seanurban wrote:
bishopdante wrote:Trump is suggesting he has the presidential pardon power to pardon the president for what he might or might not have had his son cooking up with some shady ruskies.

But pardons aren't judgments. They're blatantly anti-judicial in my eyes. I'm not sure what would happen.

I'm anything but a lawyer, but as I understand it the highest legal authority over the judicial system is set up with the president at the top in place of a monarch or sovereign, ie: can overrule judges, serving a new sentence / punishment. It doesn't overturn the ruling or the conviction (since deciding guilt is something a jury does).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_p ... e_of_mercy
Traditionally this pardon would be a reduction in sentence, from death to imprisonment, for example.

This is probably why the posthumous royal pardon offered to Alan Turing is an empty gesture, because it pertains to the punishment not the judgment (nor does it address whether the law used to prosecute was justice in the first place).

In 2013 a posthumous pardon was awarded to Alan Turing in 2013 under the Royal prerogative of mercy. Wartime codebreaker Turing had been convicted of gross indecency in 1952

ie he was prosecuted for homosexuality. Reducing his sentence is quite different to overturning the ruling, and is quite redundant since he is quite dead and cannot be released.

_______

Hence the obvious abuse of privilege in pardoning either himself or his immediate campaign-managing family for defrauding or rigging a democratic voting process... you would have thought that Trump would have more sense than to put such an idea on the table, since it is basically an advertisement of not just tolerance for but endorsement and an active interest in facilitating extreme nepotism and corruption.

This is exceptionally hypocritical considering his constant public attacking of Mrs Clinton, accusing her of secretly organising clandestine support from various powerful business interests. Undeclared clandestine foreign intelligence collaboration is considerably more severe.

That's at root why Trump is so awful... his psychology is more in line with a medieval monarch than a modern democracy. He is no public servant.
bishopdante

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 am

bishopdante wrote:you would have thought that Trump would have more sense than to put such an idea on the table

I would not have thought that. Quite the opposite; I fully expected Trump to NOT show any such sense, and figured it was just a matter of time before he started spitballing about his power to pardon himself. And sure enough.
Anthony Flack

Postby bishopdante on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 am

Hypothetically speaking assuming he was within the ballpark of commonsense expected for a senior politician or a premier statesman of a modern democracy.

Rhetorical question, of course, which underlines the worrying reality that the man must be batshit crazy to think such moves are anything but utterly damning and stand as obvious evidence that he is an incredibly dangerous force in his current capacity.
bishopdante

Postby seanurban on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:Like absolutely everything about this administration, nobody knows. It's a bit like how nobody knows what happens when the USA tries to operate without a functioning State Department. Nobody's tried it before!

I thought you were joking, but it seems this is really happening.
I don't know what Trump's base believes anymore. They get Scaramucci who is anti-2nd amendment and they lose Sessions. I guess he's still committed to islamaphobia. He's been consistent there.
seanurban
King High

Postby Anthony Flack on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 pm

seanurban wrote:I thought you were joking, but it seems this is really happening.

Yes indeed. Check out how many countries currently have no US ambassador, because Trump hasn't appointed one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambassado ... ted_States

It includes such countries as Austria, Austrialia, Belgium, France, Germany, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, India, Ireland, Norway, the Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, as well as many trifling little international organisations such as the EU. In fact the word "vacant" appears 107 times on that page.

How many ambassadors have been appointed since Trump took office? Let's see: China, Congo-Brazzavile, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Samoa.

Seven. And some of those are only very recently.
Anthony Flack

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap