home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

"Punching" a Nazi

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Video of Richard Spencer being "assaulted"

Something to be celebrated
56
44%
Something to be condemned
12
10%
Something to be suspicious about
9
7%
Should have punched him harder
43
34%
Who cares, that was yesterday or whatever
6
5%
 
Total votes : 126

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby blackmarket on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm

RSMurphy wrote:Christian Picciolini has been making the rounds lately--NPR, Chicago Tonight, et al. I often wonder how an individual who used to possess so much hatred to the point of going out and indiscriminately, violently attacking POC and LGBTQ people can make such a 180 degree turnaround.


I had to look the name up. I was unfamiliar. Wiki says he dropped out of the WP movement at age 22 (1996). I fully respect the right of POC to not forgive and to never forget, but...I think a lot of us had some pretty dumb ideas in our heads to one degree or another at that age. Looking at the resume, I will go out on a limb and say that he has probably done more to combat hate groups than any one person who has posted in this thread. This sort of hate, violence, and aggression are learned behaviors. I believe they can be treated and undone.

I will also take this opportunity to reiterate that Punching A Nazi is : Something to be celebrated
User avatar
blackmarket
tired of birds
tired of birds
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:27 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:the best you're gonna get out of that pack of turds is oompah-brass and Skrewdriver.



...or, you know, two of the greatest pieces of music ever written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qoaioG2UA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
User avatar
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: los angeles, a happy place

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 pm

blackmarket wrote:he has probably done more to combat hate groups...


The comedian Anthony Atamanuik, a complete genius who hates Trump with such a burning passion that he's committed his professional life to destroying him through satire/comedy, was once in a skinhead group as a teenager in Boston. And he's half-Jewish. So, figure that one out.
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
User avatar
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: los angeles, a happy place

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby Boombats on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Christian Picciolini is great, been following him for a while. Yes I do believe hate can be un-learned.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby dontfeartheringo on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm

givemenoughrope wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:the best you're gonna get out of that pack of turds is oompah-brass and Skrewdriver.



...or, you know, two of the greatest pieces of music ever written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qoaioG2UA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk


Bro. You're not even trying any more. Just go buy yourself an armband or a hood or whatever. You seem to have a hard-on for these dudes and their "kultur."

Wagner was born in 1813. I don't really feel like much more needs to be said than that, but it does kind of pre-date the Nazis by over 100 years.

But you do you, bro. Go find your local Richard Spencer type and give him the tongue bath you're so hot for. I'm not gonna say I understand it, but I'm not gonna kink shame you, Eva Braun.

Just stop pretending it's some sort of moral high ground.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11932
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:49 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:Just go buy yourself an armband or a hood or whatever.

You're from Georgia. Couldn't you just give me the one you were born with? (That was a joke.)
dontfeartheringo wrote:You seem to have a hard-on for these dudes and their "kultur."

I absolutely have a musical hard-on for Wagner. No question. Despite his questionable beliefs or the fact that his music became the soundtrack to the darkest time in modern history. (It took until this decade for the Israeli Phil to perform his music...and he is a GIANT of orchestral music. Can't say I blame them one bit. The fact that they've sort of "reclaimed" it is pretty great.)
dontfeartheringo wrote:Wagner was born in 1813. I don't really feel like much more needs to be said than that, but it does kind of pre-date the Nazis by over 100 years.

I'm sure you know that anti-semitism (among other things) of the violent variety in Europe/Germany pre-dates him by many centuries. I'm not sure where he stood completely but he didn't have nice things to about Mendelssohn (who has composed a more perfect string octet than FM?) and other German-Jewish composers of the time....and for the reason you think.
dontfeartheringo wrote:But you do you, bro. Go find your local Richard Spencer type and give him the tongue bath you're so hot for. I'm not gonna say I understand it, but I'm not gonna kink shame you, Eva Braun.

Just stop pretending it's some sort of moral high ground.


Am I doing anything like that? I'm lost. You are on the right/moral side of the fence so why do you need to jump down the throat of anyone who doesn't completely agree with every last thing you say? Do you think it helps (I think it's harmful, the kind of thing that makes me fear re-election)? Or is it just a release for you (because that kinda sounds like something losers with tiki torches might do, I dunno)?
https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/11/ ... arch-study

My point was that shitbird thinking can come from low culture or high culture, a grade school dropout or PHD "research" in disguise (scientific racism, etc. You want to be terrified? Go fall down that rabbit hole for a minute). It comes from everywhere and always has. But I guess I'm not allowed to make that point. Ok.

Dude, take it easy.
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
User avatar
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: los angeles, a happy place

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 am

Calm down, bro. It's just Nazis.

Listen to yourself.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11932
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:41 pm

I hope they come for me first.

ffs
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
User avatar
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: los angeles, a happy place

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

no let's not punch nazis that would make us just as bad as them

https://www.propublica.org/article/cali ... hate-group
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
User avatar
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 14237
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Fortress Jimbotron

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm

tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11932
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby goatlord on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm

At the end of the day, you are punching an asshole nerd that it's getting way too hipped about his fantasy worldview and might hurt sombody if he doesn't stop, so fuck those guys. It's like punching the fucking guy that it's moshing like an asshole trying to annoy people. But, you know, even better, because the nazi wants to get to power and actually genocide people, not annoy people on a hardcore club or whatever.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
User avatar
goatlord
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 am
Location: A shitty corner of spain.

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:25 pm

givemenoughrope wrote:I hope they come for me first.

ffs



You shitbag.

You can't be first. These guys aren't even first, you fucking idiot.

http://pix11.com/2018/01/25/2-dads-nabb ... in-church/

you fucking moron.
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
User avatar
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11932
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: athens, ga

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby blackmarket on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:08 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:
givemenoughrope wrote:I hope they come for me first.

ffs



You shitbag.

You can't be first. These guys aren't even first, you fucking idiot.

http://pix11.com/2018/01/25/2-dads-nabb ... in-church/

you fucking moron.


Maybe time to settle, my man. Having lost a close family member to a murder perpetrated by a White supremacist, I can attest to the fact that lilly White skin is no guarantee of protection. These people will find all manner of excuses to fulfill their paranoid fantasy. Nazis and White separatist/supremacists are a danger to all of us.
User avatar
blackmarket
tired of birds
tired of birds
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm

You know I hardly ever can even stand to look in this thread any more because of the high chance of coming away feeling sad and/or angry about things said by people I think are good people, even while we are all on the same side. Because everybody is angry at this point in history and rightly so. Everything that DFTR cites as a reason for being angry is a good reason to be angry.

(And what the fuck is with that cunt from VICE? Another one to watch. The way they talk these days... like they think being a homophobic misogynistic white supremacist dickwad is the new punk rock or something)

But it's sad to see that a year later, there is still the same talk going on about how people who don't think the Left should be responding more violently and encouraging more violence is a namby-pamby wet-teatowel who is either too cowardly to man up and go out streetpunching or has some misguided Nazi sympathy, urge to lick Adolf Hitler's rectum etc etc. Enough with fighting these straw men already.

RSMurphy wrote:Image

Look at this, just look at it! Straight fuckery. Dude is definitely not invited to the cookout.


That's great. That's a way better meme. I'm not saying it's always practical or safe to hug a Nazi but it fucks with them way more effectively. Punching a nazi underlines their argument that different cultures can't co-exist. It adds fuel to their side. This kind of thing takes it away, it says yes we can co-exist if you guys stop acting like such fucking dicks. If he had punched that nazi, the alt-right would have been passing the video around like candy.
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8360
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby RSMurphy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:
RSMurphy wrote:Image

Look at this, just look at it! Straight fuckery. Dude is definitely not invited to the cookout.


That's great. That's a way better meme. I'm not saying it's always practical or safe to hug a Nazi but it fucks with them way more effectively. Punching a nazi underlines their argument that different cultures can't co-exist. It adds fuel to their side. This kind of thing takes it away, it says yes we can co-exist if you guys stop acting like such fucking dicks. If he had punched that nazi, the alt-right would have been passing the video around like candy.


Have you ever noticed that the onus has always been on black folk to take that first step, or more pointedly, it is always black folk taking that first step. You never see a racist who is so affected by their own humanity, or lack thereof, that they discard their hoods and reach out to the black community. I mean, I don't know, maybe it's petty for me to feel that way, but come on. They never reach out. Never. It speaks volumes.

EDIT: To be clear I am not stating that racists can't change, just that their change is mostly always predicated on an event instead of benevolence or integrity. Sorry, if I'm not being clear. Often I don't word real good.
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9022
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby givemenoughrope on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:Everything that DFTR cites as a reason for being angry is a good reason to be angry.

No question.
blackmarket wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:
givemenoughrope wrote:I hope they come for me first.

ffs



You shitbag.

You can't be first. These guys aren't even first, you fucking idiot.

http://pix11.com/2018/01/25/2-dads-nabb ... in-church/

you fucking moron.


Maybe time to settle, my man. Having lost a close family member to a murder perpetrated by a White supremacist, I can attest to the fact that lilly White skin is no guarantee of protection. These people will find all manner of excuses to fulfill their paranoid fantasy. Nazis and White separatist/supremacists are a danger to all of us.


It was a joke, I hope "they" come for me first and put me out of my misery so I don't have to read your posts anymore, a joke I feel pretty fucking stupid making and now explaining in light of blackmarket's post. (I am sorry to hear that.)

I live in Northeast LA so I'm very aware of ICE and what they are doing and it is horrifying and all but unstoppable. Your article is on events taking place in Highland Park, NJ. In Highland Park, Los Angeles (if that doesn't show how widespread this is) they are doing the same thing; nabbing dads dropping their kids off. (I think I even mentioned one instance in this very thread, but you don't actually read my posts anyway.) Plenty of people scared and fearing for friends and often older relatives. But I don't know how you are making the connection between this and these losers dressing up for halloween (and I'm not talking about the fully converted and potentially or already been murderous as mentioned above). It's like comparing LeBron and some dude in a LeBron jersey in the cheap seats. They might want the same things but one in no way influences the other. (Convince me otherwise. I am open to it. Absolutely.)

jimmy two hands wrote:no let's not punch nazis that would make us just as bad as them

...said no one ever.

RSMurphy wrote: their change is mostly always predicated on an event instead of benevolence or integrity.

Curious what you mean by this. (Not that I would know either way...)
vockins wrote:So it's like the Finnegan's Wake of Super Bowl ads.
User avatar
givemenoughrope
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:41 pm
Location: los angeles, a happy place

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby Boombats on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 pm

RSMurphy wrote:Have you ever noticed that the onus has always been on black folk to take that first step, or more pointedly, it is always black folk taking that first step. You never see a racist who is so affected by their own humanity, or lack thereof, that they discard their hoods and reach out to the black community. I mean, I don't know, maybe it's petty for me to feel that way, but come on. They never reach out. Never. It speaks volumes.

My slight rebuff of this is that it implies some equivalence between average black people and white racists. Of course that's not what you intended to say, but my point is that black folks who take that first step aren't discarding some extreme racist beliefs to do so. It takes more for a committed racist to reach out benevolently toward black people than just an average white person, and thus more than an average black person. But I get what you mean.
User avatar
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog
 
Posts: 19531
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 am

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby Anthony Flack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:14 pm

It's pretty well never going to be the Nazis who do the constructive thing, no.

White racists don't want to reach out. They want to provoke further hostility.
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8360
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

givemenoughrope wrote:
RSMurphy wrote: their change is mostly always predicated on an event instead of benevolence or integrity.

Curious what you mean by this. (Not that I would know either way...)


Just that it usually takes some sort of experience, circumstance, episode, etc., for them to realize that their views are shit rather than self-reflection or meditation. Not sure if that makes sense. Mr. Boombatty clarified my post quite nicely. To wit:

Mr. Boombatty wrote:My slight rebuff of this is that it implies some equivalence between average black people and white racists. Of course that's not what you intended to say, but my point is that black folks who take that first step aren't discarding some extreme racist beliefs to do so. It takes more for a committed racist to reach out benevolently toward black people than just an average white person, and thus more than an average black person. But I get what you mean.



Anthony (Roberta) Flack wrote:It's pretty well never going to be the Nazis who do the constructive thing, no.


I understand. That's why we - or people who are more pugilistic than myself - punch them!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9022
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: "Punching" a Nazi

Postby Madman Munt on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am

I wouldn't expect punching someone would change their deeply held beliefs. And there's a good chance it would just reinforce them.

Think about it, how much punching would it take to make you change your mind?
User avatar
Madman Munt
moms mabley
moms mabley
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Zorg and 14 guests