home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Disney Product: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Episode VIII - Glorified fan-fiction or genuine STAR WARS?

Crap
35%
Not Crap
65%

Total votes : 26

Re: Disney Product: STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:46 am

El Protoolio wrote:Episode 9 is scheduled for 2019, not next Christmas. They haven’t even started shooting yet. They couldn’t shoot and do post production and reshoots and market it in less than 12 months. Between 8 and Solo is only 6 months but after that it goes back to longer intervals. 9 will be out in either May or December of 2019. Either way we have a year and a half to two years of a wait.

Ahhh, yes. You are correct. I thought it was December 2018. My mistake. This is Disney we are talking about. They absolutely could shoot films simultaneously. Either way, I can't imagine an interest in this series two and three years from now. Conversations are already getting redundant.
blackmarket
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Big John on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm

blackmarket wrote:
El Protoolio wrote:Episode 9 is scheduled for 2019, not next Christmas. They haven’t even started shooting yet. They couldn’t shoot and do post production and reshoots and market it in less than 12 months. Between 8 and Solo is only 6 months but after that it goes back to longer intervals. 9 will be out in either May or December of 2019. Either way we have a year and a half to two years of a wait.

Ahhh, yes. You are correct. I thought it was December 2018. My mistake. This is Disney we are talking about. They absolutely could shoot films simultaneously. Either way, I can't imagine an interest in this series two and three years from now. Conversations are already getting redundant.

I don't see why not there are a number of super hero movies a year for the last decade or so and the plots of those are set up build to the big battle. People love those they make big bank evey time so why not Star Wars too and the pixel counts number of 3d models together in one scene is higher in star wars than a x-man movie (although the high speed slow mo shots in x-men are top quality).

I for one would like to see a Ice Tee directed Star Wars movie straight out of planet compton with the Fridays crew and Lando and his son Snoop Dogg, get some deep groves and rapping going maybe some rapping robots and Bootsey as the space king . Shit would be the bomb, with A list special effects.
Big John
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:16 pm

Big John wrote:
blackmarket wrote:

I don't see why not there are a number of super hero movies a year for the last decade or so and the plots of those are set up build to the big battle. People love those they make big bank evey time so why not Star Wars too and the pixel counts number of 3d models together in one scene is higher in star wars than a x-man movie (although the high speed slow mo shots in x-men are top quality).

Cancer exists in celluloid form, how about trying on some AIDS?

Is that a serious question?
blackmarket
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Big John on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

blackmarket wrote:
Big John wrote:
blackmarket wrote:

You are obviously a Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter fan.

I love reading all the faux religion of star wars posted on line (not this forum) on star wars where people are all off on what is doctrine or not. Like Star Wars is not just some kind of stupid juvenile bullshit just like the Hulk or Star Trek the fact anyone could take it seriously is beyond me. It is just stupid fun.

I just pay my $15 bucks and get a couple hours of escapist special effects with popcorn and a jumbo icee. I think comparing these movies to cancer or AIDS is a bit much but if you are going to die either way it might as well be with highest possible HD 3D texture maps.

Hey I liked Valerian (it even had great design and a sensible story if you want that) and saw that a couple of times and did not have to fight for a good seat. Wish Disney would make some sequels to that. Man some good ultra matting of live action to effects on that one.
Big John

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Big John wrote:
blackmarket wrote:
Big John wrote:
blackmarket wrote:

You are obviously a Pirates of the Caribbean or Harry Potter fan.

I don't see a huge difference between adult Harry Potter fans and adult Star Wars fans.
blackmarket
treaty of versailles
treaty of versailles

Postby Big John on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm

I don't see a huge difference between adult Harry Potter fans and adult Star Wars fans.

That's easy;

Harry Potter fans believe in "Magic Wands"

Star Wars fans believe in using "The Force" to light their "Light Sabers"
Big John

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm

blackmarket wrote:

I never imagined I'd be interested in another Star Wars film after Phantom Menace was released, except out of some morbid curiosity, but then these last 3 came out and I thoroughly enjoyed them with a few reservations. Maybe I'll grow bored with the new spin-offs and endless series of trilogies to come over the following decades and you can continue to feel morally superior to me for liking such commercial trash, maybe I'll grow disinterested in them and voice that opinion here and you can feel morally superior to me in predicting that outcome. All I know for sure is that Disney will continue to make Star Wars movies and you will continue to feel morally superior and be all tedious about that shit online.

Post that Star Wars/They Live "consume" mashup picture again, why don't you? You seemed awfully proud about it last time we talked about Star Wars around here.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby sulfur)addict on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm happy people enjoy things, but a new Star Wars movie is ubiquitous and there's all of these dialogues and critiques and it's an endless headfuck over a half-baked kids flick.

I was in elementary school when the Phantom Menace dropped and we "had" to see it, so forgive me if I think the entire series is a hype machine without content.

I feel exactly the same about Marvel and DC films, too.

Fuck a franchise, a character is only as interesting as the creator behind it. It's like going to a foreign country and ordering a Big Mac to see if it tastes the same.
Kerouacian as fuck.

NewDarkAge wrote:why, the fuck, would you post zizek in this thread
sulfur)addict
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby El Protoolio on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

I love Star Wars and Empire because they came out when I was 4 and 7 and it was my fantasy world until I stopped play pretending or whatever it is children do. Han Solo was my hero. I still enjoy the current comic books and television shows as well as the new movies. I’m never growing tired of it because it’s what I’ve wanted since Jedi came out when I was 10. I’ll like some more than others but I’m enjoying this golden age of Star Wars fandom.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby ImDADA on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:09 am

This one had so much wrong with it but at least it took a few risks and did it's own thing at times. Still, soulless as fuck now isn't it? Impossible to revive in any meaningful way probably.
Blue.
ImDADA
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap