Postby ImDADA on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 am

Fuck it, chuck on a kippah.
Blue.
ImDADA
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Re: Not cutting my hair

Postby andyman on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 am

I still don't get why a different haircut isn't an option.
offal wrote:I just want to be able to play bitchin' single-stroke rolls before I die
andyman
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby tmidgett on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm

andyman wrote:Hmmmmm, this seems like a weird way to stage a protest, dudes.

Got my hair cut day after Trump was elected.

Later that week or the following week, there was a convention of Nazi dickheads in Washington at some hotel.

Only a couple hundred of them, fewer people than show up for your average DSA meeting in Brooklyn, but whatever.

They're on TV heiling Trump with the Nazi salute. It's all over the internet etc.

All had the same fuckin' haircut I had. A little neater but otherwise.

I was like, now I know why hippies grew their hair out. Maybe not as much to join a club. More to make it clear they weren't in one. Probably obvious to everyone else but I had never thought about it much.

Of course I could do something else, but whatever else I'm doing, I will do this too.

I am sure no one cares. But far fewer people will look at me and think I might be a Nazi.

These days, longhair is nazi. Here in Europe, there are a lot of identitarian vicking wannabes with long hair. The "Defend europe" bullshit.

Not here so much, no

Afro is what you need.

Sure-fire but it was a lot of work when I had a perm as a kid
tmidgett
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby elmofreech on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm

tmidgett wrote:
andyman wrote:
Afro is what you need.

WUT? DO TELL
Dee Wig wrote:You'd have to be straight-up out of your goddamned mind to think Robocop was crap.
elmofreech
robert motherwell
robert motherwell

Postby agiant on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

tmidgett wrote:
Afro is what you need.

Nobody said it was easy.
blah
agiant
curly neal
curly neal

Postby travis k on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

How I wish that I had the problems of the bushy headed.
I'm presently counting the months/ short years until I have to buzz off this thinning and receding tragedy that sits on my head.
I've been growing it a bit longer to experiment w some sort of coif this year. A mini Trump comb over , if you will.
If that fails /lookalike shit, it will be the end for me.
Cherish your beautiful thick locks and how they get in your eyes.
Those rascals.
travis k
bobby seale
bobby seale

Postby travis k on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am

And I would concur that the fake Italian interview footage is the most
flattering look for FM Steve.
travis k
bobby seale
bobby seale

Postby matthew on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 pm

You all here realize that this thread is a bunch of dudes talking about the insecurity of another dude regarding the manner in which he has his hair cut. Yes?

Saint Martin de Porres, patron saint of barbers and whole bunch of other very relevant things, ora pro nobis.
...diesque nostros in tua pace disponas...
matthew
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Anthony Flack on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 pm

And you do realise that this is a perfectly reasonable conversation that nobody ought to feel ashamed or embarrassed for participating in, and in fact nobody does.
Anthony Flack

Postby kerble on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 pm

matthew wrote:You all here realize that this thread is a bunch of dudes talking about the insecurity of another dude regarding the manner in which he has his hair cut. Yes?

Nah, that's not it, dick head.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby dontfeartheringo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 am

kerble wrote:
matthew wrote:You all here realize that this thread is a bunch of dudes talking about the insecurity of another dude regarding the manner in which he has his hair cut. Yes?

Nah, that's not it, dick head.

matthew, you understand that the job of "Getting Paid Even Though You're Always Wrong" is taken by David Brooks at the New York Times, right?

I mean, no one is paying you to have the consistently 180 Degree Wrong Take, so maybe find a hobby? Or examine whatever White Grievance preconceptions you have that are making you look like such a dummy?
tmidgett wrote:John Bonham has no competition. Literally none.
dontfeartheringo
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby hayate on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:23 pm

steve should totally grow jew locks. and wear a little hat.. to show that hes not bluffing

There's a box of trophies for sale in my local Salvation Army.

£1.50. Unused.
hayate
julia child
julia child

Postby travis k on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:52 pm

I would add that trying to elevate the mundane out of itself is a very healthy form of play. We probably didn't come up with the wheel by addressing the problem directly.
travis k
bobby seale
bobby seale

Postby Mama Clortho on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm

I didn't realize and if the mods could delete my posts that'd be great.

"i am, a secure man" (in latin)
Mama Clortho
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran

Postby Ike on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:05 am

Kind of a mind-blower, this thread: I cut my hair exactly once a year, and I shave it bald, all the way down to the gross head-skin. This has been my trip for a while. This year a co-worker asked when I was going to shave it again (my students all freak out, and I look like a total creep for a few weeks), and I reflexively said, "Not until Trump's out of office."

Just came out. Didn't process it or anything.

Tim explained it above way, way better than I could ever formulate, but I think that was what I was thinking. I do N O T want to be associated with that shit at all, in any form. So here we are, I'll be Gabe Kaplan for a while.
Ike
names vacuums with eyes closed
names vacuums with eyes closed

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 am

Ike wrote:Kind of a mind-blower, this thread: I cut my hair exactly once a year, and I shave it bald, all the way down to the gross head-skin. This has been my trip for a while. This year a co-worker asked when I was going to shave it again (my students all freak out, and I look like a total creep for a few weeks), and I reflexively said, "Not until Trump's out of office."

Tim explained it above way, way better than I could ever formulate, but I think that was what I was thinking. I do N O T want to be associated with that shit at all, in any form. So here we are, I'll be Gabe Kaplan for a while.

I still find it pathetic to hand this level of control over your life to the fascists. You are giving them exactly what they want.

And so where are we now? Anyone who does wear their hair in a certain style is automatically a labeled Fashy? Grow up.
blackmarket
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Madman Munt on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 am

I just had a long overdue haircut. I went in looking like a Tamarin monkey and came out with a "classic smart men's cut". The guy finished and I thought "Yeah, looks good!" then for split second "Oh shit I look like Ian Brady!"

I didn't look like Ian Brady, but I guess that my hair was in the same ballpark to his as Tim's was to the Nazis. My take is that whatever the haircut there'll be an asshole who has had it. Choose a haircut you like and fuck 'em.

I also don't believe that Tim ever really looked like a Nazi, just as Steve has never really looked like a Nazi. I'm sure an experienced Nazi Hunter would take one look at each of them and move on to the real Nazis. If we let the Nazis have all the smart cuts, we are capitulating to them.

I assume Nazis, liking cleanliness and order, keep their shoes shiny too. I'm not going to stop polishing my shoes, either. Do Nazis wash their armpits more than dirty hippies? Sure they do. I'll keep on doing that as well.
Madman Munt
"wild bill" hickok
"wild bill" hickok

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:03 pm

blackmarket wrote:
Ike wrote:Kind of a mind-blower, this thread: I cut my hair exactly once a year, and I shave it bald, all the way down to the gross head-skin. This has been my trip for a while. This year a co-worker asked when I was going to shave it again (my students all freak out, and I look like a total creep for a few weeks), and I reflexively said, "Not until Trump's out of office."

I still find it pathetic to hand this level of control over your life to the fascists. You are giving them exactly what they want.

And so where are we now? Anyone who does wear their hair in a certain style is automatically a labeled Fashy? Grow up.

Hey champ, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up? Your holier-than-thou attitude is grating as hell.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby blackmarket on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:
blackmarket wrote:

Hey champ, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up? Your holier-than-thou attitude is grating as hell.

I don't think I am better than anyone else. This weak Liberal fashion-protest is guaranteed to have no effect on how the Right operates or how they reproduce. Ditch the safety pin. Let's get substantive.
blackmarket
tired of birds
tired of birds

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap