Crap/Not Crap

Crap
88%
Not Crap
12%

Total votes : 74

Re: Alt-right darling: Jordan Peterson

Postby biscuitdough on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:42 am

There is no glory in punching a cringing old hunchback in the face, but if someone were to go for it, neither there would there be any shame. He constantly asks for it when he gripes about not being able to use violence to resolve conflicts with women.
biscuitdough
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby placeholder on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:17 am

Absolute CRAP.
placeholder
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby bishopdante on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 am

biscuitdough wrote:There is no glory in punching a cringing old hunchback in the face, but if someone were to go for it, neither there would there be any shame. He constantly asks for it when he gripes about not being able to use violence to resolve conflicts with women.

It might well only be a matter of time before the legions of anon target him.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Clyde on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

biscuitdough wrote:There is no glory in punching a cringing old hunchback in the face, but if someone were to go for it, neither there would there be any shame. He constantly asks for it when he gripes about not being able to use violence to resolve conflicts with women.

Pankaj Mishra wrote a a highly critical piece on JP in the New York Review of Books http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19 ... mysticism/

Jordan Peterson's sputtering response on twitter (purposefully or not) misunderstood Mishra's criticism and JP threatened to sock Mishra in the jaw or some such.

Now, a few things about this.

1-As far as I know, there have been quite a few highly critical reviews of 12 Rules , but the only person Peterson threatened with violence is Mishra. Hard not read that as JP's offense that the subaltern dared to talk back to him.

2-It should go without saying that a supposed champion of free speech threatening violence to those who disagree with him is a tad inconsistent. (This also applies to Peterson suing a university because a couple of people compared him to Hitler.)

3-Mishra, for his part, dismissed Peterson's threat, saying among other things that he was surprised that a man who spends so much time telling his followers to toughen up was so fragile. But, geez, I kind of wish someone would take Peterson up on the offer. He's about as physically imposing as newly hatched moth. Imagine the hilarity of a 90 year old Noam Chomsky pummeling tough-guy Jordan Peterson.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby bishopdante on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 am

Clyde wrote: Imagine the hilarity of a 90 year old Noam Chomsky pummeling tough-guy Jordan Peterson.

It's a shame that celebrity deathmatch isn't still going (R.I.P 2007).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell
bishopdante

Postby Milksteak on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

I've been living such a sheltered existence that I didn't know who this guy was until a couple months ago. I would like to go back to living in my cave, please.
Milksteak
troll
troll

Postby Twilight Sparkle on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Just make sure to keep it clean!
Twilight Sparkle
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby Anthony Flack on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm

And mind some other lobster doesn't come along and push you out of it.
Anthony Flack
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Andrew. on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I saw a YT clip where talks about the music he likes. Says he loves the Arcade Fire and Tom Waits and calls Waits a "total genius" or something. :)
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Boombats on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:52 pm

ick
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby bishopdante on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Anthony Flack wrote:And mind some other lobster doesn't come along and push you out of it.

It''s a lobster push lobster world out there.
bishopdante

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap