Band:The Eagles

Crap
86%
Not Crap
14%

Total votes : 114

Postby alpha80 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 am

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:
kerble wrote:[zom-zom]'s a fucking pussy that doesn't like rock, apparently.

No, he likes The Who, so he is automatically an authority on all things rock. You know, like The Eagles.
How can the same brain like The Who & the Eagles... :shock: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :shock:
alpha80
thomas paine
thomas paine

Postby m.koren on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 am

m.koren wrote:
Pure L wrote:The Eagles stand for something crappy that I can't put my finger on............

I would never, ever put an Eagles recording on deliberately.

However, when Hotel California comes on the radio......guess who's listening? ME!

(I even turn that shit up when it gets to those harmonized solos at the end!!)

+ 1. It kicks 'Freebird's' ass all over town.

Only if the town you live in is Pussyville.

Go on Brett, post that picture of you and Gary Rossington doing the 'Grand Dragon' so we can laugh at you.
amelia wrote: You are not supposed to respond to me
m.koren
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby kerble on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:13 am

alex maiolo wrote:I don't hate the Eagles because it was required once I decided punk rock was for me in my teens, I hate them because they were bland, bland, bland bullshit.
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:14 am

alpha80 wrote:

No, he likes The Who, so he is automatically an authority on all things rock. You know, like The Eagles.
How can the same brain like The Who & the Eagles...

An old-ass brain. Old-ass.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:21 am

Minotaur029 wrote:
They must have a good sense of humor to let themselves get dissed by "The Dude."

i fail to see that. let me try..
the eagels blow goats.
as i thought, dissing the eageles has nothing to do with their sense of humor.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Wood Goblin on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:45 am

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:"Jet Airliner," "Rock 'n' Me," and "Take the Money and Run" (maybe even "Jungle Love") are pleasantly workmanlike radio ups. This cannot be said of anything The Eagles ever did. Besides, I'll take an amiable pot-smoking goofball over insanely wealthy coked-out misogynists any day.

I'm not in the business of defending Steve Miller, but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with The Eagles. Nobody does--except maybe Billy Joel.

"Rockin' Me" drives me nuts, mostly because of the song's failure to actually rock. "Jungle Love," though, that one I can tolerate.

And you're right--Billy Joel is worse than Steve Miller. Now that I think about it, Billy Joel may even be worse than the Eagles, because even in the Eagles' most cocaine-fueled moments they never attempted to write a symphony or allowed their model girlfriends to illustrate their album covers.
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby alex maiolo on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:00 am

Wood Goblin wrote: And you're right--Billy Joel is worse than Steve Miller. Now that I think about it, Billy Joel may even be worse than the Eagles, because even in the Eagles' most cocaine-fueled moments they never attempted to write a symphony or allowed their model girlfriends to illustrate their album covers.

No, but they dressed up like wittle cowboys.

Face it man, you're comparing dog poop to people poop.

I'll give Billy Joel one thing, he can play the crap out of the piano.
OK, two things - his drummer, Liberty DiVito, was really, really good.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo

Postby trilonaut on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:04 am

judging by these pieces of evidence (the only songs i can remember):

eagles - take it easy, hotel california (nearly typed californica)
steve miller band - jungle love, fly like an eagle, big ol jet airliner

steve miller band is worse than the eagles. the eagles are crap but steve miller band is crap of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS.

also, i agree that the joe walsh song at the end of "the warriors" is, at least in context, rad. out of context it's probably stupid and i'm not going to find out.
trilonaut
the white ho
the white ho

Postby ozzy lee harvwald on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:12 am

Steve Miller is terrible. He takes giant Brenda Vaccaro breaths between each line of the song. Sucks, literally.
ozzy lee harvwald
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby Angus Jung on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:19 pm

Pure L wrote:However, when Hotel California comes on the radio......guess who's listening? ME!

Though I had been warned about this ahead of time, it was still remarkable to travel extensively in the Muslim world (as I did last yr) and discover how incredibly popular this song, Hotel California, still is over there.

There is something about the melody of that song, or something, that resonates. Because people fucking love it.

I told a guy in Cairo that I lived in California, and the first thing he said was, "I hear that the Hotel California is 'such a lovely place' to go." Then he laughed and shook my hand as a true brother.

While in Egypt, Turkey, and Morocco, I heard 3 or 4 distinct performances of this song, either on the radio or by street performers. I'm pretty sure that, besides covering the song itself, the Hotel California melody and chord progression has been appropriated by musicians over there pretty frequently, and used for new 'original' songs.

Alan B. told me that, when he and his brother were spending time busking out there in the late 80's, they got so many requests for Hotel California that they ended up throwing together a version of it and playing it for people.
Angus Jung
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby sparky on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Angus Jung wrote:Alan B. told me that, when he and his brother were spending time busking out there in the late 80's, they got so many requests for Hotel California that they ended up throwing together a version of it and playing it for people.

The idea of this is enough to feed my imagination for a good while.
sparky

Postby Angus Jung on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:35 pm

sparky wrote:
Angus Jung wrote:Alan B. told me that, when he and his brother were spending time busking out there in the late 80's, they got so many requests for Hotel California that they ended up throwing together a version of it and playing it for people.

I, too, have tried to imagine what that sounded like.
Angus Jung

Postby lemur68 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Angus Jung wrote:
sparky wrote:

I, too, have tried to imagine what that sounded like.

Probably an improvement on the original.
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby DrAwkward on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:56 pm

m.koren wrote:+ 1. It kicks 'Freebird's' ass all over town.

There was never a revolutionary southern-bred triad of rulebreaking, cocky-assed Von Erich-beating pro wrestlers who named themselves the "Hotel Californians."

In fact, i believe that the Fabulous Freebirds would have stomped approximately 36 new mudholes in a pansy-assed tag team called the "Hotel Californians," stomped them dry, taken their titles (if they had lucked into any), and taken their fake-n-bake California girlfriends back to Texas for some down-home Southern redneck lovin'.

Salut, Freebirds!

Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Fucking sellouts.
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby zom-zom on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Fucking sellouts.

You wear a Cow-Boy Hat, like Bob Fucking Seger so much that you've written several paragraphs about how great he is and you're giving me shit about liking a few The Eagles tunes?
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby alpha80 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:24 pm

trilonaut wrote:steve miller band is worse than the eagles. the eagles are crap but steve miller band is crap of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS.
alpha80
thomas paine
thomas paine

Postby DazeyDiver on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm

I just have to chime in that I'm a HUGE fan of both The Who and Prince AND I completely LOATHE the Eagles.
DazeyDiver
haskell wexler
haskell wexler

Postby zom-zom on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:32 pm

DazeyDiver wrote:I just have to chime in that I'm a HUGE fan of Prince.

He's got something just for you!

zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Brett Eugene Ralph on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:55 pm

zom-zom wrote:

Fucking sellouts.

You wear a Cow-Boy Hat, like Bob Fucking Seger so much that you've written several paragraphs about how great he is and you're giving me shit about liking a few The Eagles tunes?

That is precisely what I'm doing: wearing a cowboy hat, loving Bob Seger, and giving you shit for liking The Eagles.

Any more questions?
Brett Eugene Ralph
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap