Saw no reason to not do one.
Saw no reason to not say they were NOT CRAP
Angriest_Dragon
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby themajormiller on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:00 am

Not Crap. Not in the least.
Vince Clortho = retaliation $& beard;
[img]DefinitelyNOTtheSWEDE = retaliation $& text = "no ceramics in the signal path, mate, only plastic film" endline; SUB $&01001110; BNE $&01000011; JMP $&00011101;Err $&D0256FA2;
themajormiller
berith
berith

Postby Champion Rabbit on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 am

Samey, but NOT CRAP.

Never understood the need to own more than one record by 'em, but great anthemic stuff all the same.

NOT CRAP.
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Champion Rabbit
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby placeholder on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:32 am

Bedhead are the NOT CRAP band. I can think of exactly one band I might like more than them (Joy Division), and one band I like as much as them (The New Year, of course).

Bedhead never, never had a misstep. Tim Midgett has said something along the lines that Bedhead were the greatest band of the '90s (I can't remember the exact wording, so forgive me if I'm a little off...), and I agree with him. Aside from the aforementioned exception, Bedhead/The New Year are, to me, the best rock band there is/was.

Salut, Bedhead! You cannot be touched!
Last edited by placeholder on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
placeholder
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Tree on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am

A couple of months ago, my wife went on vacation with her family for about a week (I coudn't get the time off). When she called and said she'd be home shortly, I put on "The Present", trying to time the song with her arrival, thinking it was a perfect soundtrack for somebody coming home late at night to embrace their loved one after a being away for awhile.

I had to start the song over a few times to get the timing right, but it was playing as she arrived. She didn't notice, but it was quite tender for me.

From the first ep to the Macha ep, this band had absolutely no idea what crap looked/smelled/felt like.

Not Crap to the nth degree
Tree
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:29 am

placeholder wrote:Bedhead never, never had a misstep. Tim Midgett has said something along the lines that Bedhead were the greatest band of the '90s (I can't remember the exact wording, so forgive me if I'm a little off...), and I agree with him.

placeholder, here is that quote.

tmidgett wrote:bedhead, they were the great band of the 90s. this is the truth. you might say to yourselves, 'oh no, the great band was (insert band that was not the great band of the 90s here)!!!! tmidgetts, you are so wrong!! and what about (another band that was not the great band of the 90s, or probably even second place)???? comeon, you guy!' but time, she will show that i am right, for (band that was not the great band of the 90s), their music, while fine, will sound the dated music next to the bedhead. and (another band that was not the great band of the 90s, or second even!), no one will even remember how to spell their name. but bedhead--ah molto bellissima, eternal. so great. number one.
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Postby placeholder on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:29 pm

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:placeholder, here is that quote...

Mille grazie, Signore Weissenberger! I agree with these speakings of Signore Midgetti.

Bedhead, she is so great as to sometime making me want to, how you say, "throw the towels in?" I make the post about this so long times ago. Is stupid, but true!
placeholder

Postby Peripatetic on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:14 pm

So not crap, I'm almost embarrassed to be posting on this thread. Bedhead's music has made me cry on occassion.
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby kenoki on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:36 pm

probably saw them a hundred million times (ok, less) in dfw as a teen. feel asleep on a couch in the venue at least a couple of times cause it sounded so right. love them, love them. especially beheaded. they could sound so so intense.
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Marsupialized on Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:40 pm

One of the best records ever made 'what fun life was'.
My first true love and I would have sex to no other record. She sent them a letter saying as much. They sent back tons of stickers and shirts and records. Fuck yeah Bedhead is not crap.
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby glynnisjohns on Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:56 pm

Not Crap this bedheads.

There was a 10" which the title escapes me now. They did a fantastic cover of Disorder.

Great band that i never saw live. :cry:
glynnisjohns

Postby connor on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:47 pm

"Leper" is "Lepidoptera" backwards/upside down!

So cool! So beautiful!

Bedhead and The New Year are easily top 5 bands for me. "Transaction de Novo," "What Fun Life Was" and "The End Is Near" are all perfect records in my book. And I like my book.

Connor
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor

Postby mattw on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:55 pm

Bedhead, the music so beautiful! So perfect, as to make a grown man cry! The songs are so as to freeze every priceless moment of your life and create for one slideshow in yr head. Of course!

I look to those who speak the words of hate to this band in only one way

mattw

bedhead

Postby Domagoj on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:24 pm

the Dark Ages / Beheaded / Transaction de Novo.

NC.
Last edited by Domagoj on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Domagoj
gorilla
gorilla

Postby yokophono on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:40 pm

Definitely NOT CRAP.

I've got to say that I distinctly remember the first time I heard their first LP, a friend of mine from high school had just bought it when it came out and was playing it through a Fender practice amp because his stereo wasn't working. It still sounded amazing.

I saw them several times in Austin opening for various bands and remember one particular show where they opened for Superchunk at the Liberty Lunch in Austin. Some dumb kids who didn't know any better sat down looking bored and kept doing a lot of fake yawning and talking shit about how boring they were, so my friends and I started making fun of them. In addition, some guy kept yelling out for songs based on the actual order on the album: "Play song number 7!"

I still listen to their albums, which I can't say for a lot of bands from that same era. I think 20 years from now I'll still listen to their music.
yokophono
viscount
viscount

Postby Rotten Tanx on Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:14 pm

I'm confused. I had an album by a band called Bedhead many years ago. I didn't like it at all. Can this be the same band?

I had a very small frame of reference at the time but I remember thinking this is like Mogwai playing Irish folk music.

Perhaps this was because I was a teenager who'd only heard one instrumental band before and immediately associated the two.

You EA bastards. Now I have to go find this band and if I end up liking them I'll be kicking myself for selling/giving/throwing away an album when I was too young to know any better!
Rotten Tanx
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby lamont sanford on Mon May 01, 2006 6:13 pm

BUMP this shit, yo!!

These guys are so goddamn good it's not even funny. I was hanging out with a girl I hadn't seen in a while and she put in "Beheaded"...truth be told, I almost started crying like a little bitch. So, so good. So, so N/C.
Free Varg Vikernes, the Dalai Lama says so.
lamont sanford
sister
sister

Postby Eksvplot on Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm

not crap, these Heads of Beds!

truth be told, i only have Transaction De Novo, but it's such a perfect little record i almost feel apprehensive about getting any others. i remember owning the one with the arm on the cover and thinking it was all right but that ultimately it didn't hold a candle to Transaction, so i sold it. (i get rid of a lot of okay records just to make room for the stuff that really does it for me.)

so, any suggestions as far as what to get next?
Eksvplot
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Tree on Mon May 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Eksvplot wrote:so, any suggestions as far as what to get next?

Yeah, start by going and buying back that first e.p. . Then get Beheaded. That is probably the next best after Transaction, but WhatFunLifeWas has some epic stuff on it. I've notice some posts here expressing indifference toward WFLW, but I think it's pretty damn good. There is also an e.p. with Macha and 7-inches that you can seek out. I believe that somebody put a song of theirs on the gmail acct as well.

Basically, if it says "Bedhead" on it, buy it. Unless that hair product company of the same name put out some sort of compilation, I probably wouldn't buy that.
Tree

Postby Eksvplot on Mon May 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Tree wrote:Unless that hair product company of the same name put out some sort of compilation, I probably wouldn't buy that.

speak for yourself, Mr. Tree. i bet that compilation would rule!

it would probably have "Voices Carry" by Til Tuesday, that Voxtrot song that's seemingly on every other girl's myspace page, an electroclash version of "Just A Touch of Love", "Rhythm is a Dancer" by Snap!, maybe a little uptempo Britrock and "Rock Steady" by The Whispers.

two words: PARTY --- CENTRAL!
Eksvplot
tired of birds
tired of birds

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap