Pure Evil : Monsanto

Crap
98%
Not Crap
2%

Total votes : 66

Pure Evil : Monsanto

Postby scott on Mon May 08, 2006 11:44 am

Can't believe this one hasn't been done!

From developing Agent Orange to suing small family farmers and seed developers who've done nothing wrong, Monsanto is about as evil as it gets. The ugliest side of capitalism.

CRAP, WF: negative infinity to the infinity power

Check out the far right column on this website

Or listen to this guy, who after decades of designing his own canola plants through seed selection and preservation, had his crops get infested with Monsanto seed from a neighbor's farm, and then was sued to shit by Monsanto because their genetically engineered seeds were on his farm, thus making his crops their property. Because their seeds infested his farm against his will.

Monsanto = pure evil, genetically enhanced to increase the evilness.

Oh, and they refuse to pay reparations to veterans or civilians who were fucked by Monsanto's chemical product, Agent Orange. Douchebags.

It used to be that you couldn't patent living things or lifeforms, stuff like that. Because the laws were changed (at the thrust of Monsanto and their ilk) it's now possible to patent living things. Companies have gone into federal seed reserves, found seeds that weren't patented, and got patents on them! On seeds that grew naturally! The DNA for naturally occurring seeds belongs to douchebags like Monsanto. And if you grow it, your crops belong to Monsanto.

FUCK!!!
May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather
first show - last show
scott
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Chapter Two on Mon May 08, 2006 11:47 am

No question. Cunts. Cunts, cunts, cunts.
Chapter Two
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby Johnny 13 on Mon May 08, 2006 11:50 am

Hate them lots.
Johnny 13
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby Adam CR on Mon May 08, 2006 2:04 pm

Vile.
On a steel horse I ride.
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Re: Pure Evil : Monsanto

Postby Andrew L. on Mon May 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Percy Schmeiser is a fighter. Go Percy!

scott wrote:It used to be that you couldn't patent living things or lifeforms, stuff like that. Because the laws were changed (at the thrust of Monsanto and their ilk) it's now possible to patent living things. Companies have gone into federal seed reserves, found seeds that weren't patented, and got patents on them! On seeds that grew naturally! The DNA for naturally occurring seeds belongs to douchebags like Monsanto. And if you grow it, your crops belong to Monsanto.

See also, Dupont/Harvard's Oncomouse®, the first animal ever patented.

Go corporate science!
Andrew L.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby apl4eris on Mon May 08, 2006 3:35 pm

It's the effects of practices and policies like this that don't give me much hope for the future, even if many of us were to try to become self-sufficent.

Coorporations/countries/WTO, it's a main thrust of the major forces to privatize, monetize, and monopolize any resources they can get their hands on; they've done it with oil, the human genome, agriculture, even water. There are some inevitable effects that in the long-run will negate nature's ability to reestablish balance. From what I've learned, many of the GM seeds are programmed to only grow one season, so even if farmers decided to take their chances, they wouldn't be able to keep and use their seeds from one season to another.

Don't even get me started on nanotech, bioweapons, and nuclear waste. GM seeds just happen to be more insidious, because they aren't understood to be a threat. It's a clusterfuck of worldwide decimation. I usually try not to think about it.

Oh yeah. CRAP.
apl4eris
bert
bert

Postby Earwicker on Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm

I just voted crap and then wished i'd clicked not crap.

Not because I think they are not crap but just to illustrate the silliness of the poll.

It's kind of like asking if AIDS is crap.
Earwicker
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Gramsci on Mon May 08, 2006 5:26 pm

Matty's favourite company.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby clocker bob on Mon May 08, 2006 5:52 pm

A friend of mine was having frequent headaches and I said to her, "Almost every time I see you, you're drinking a Diet Coke", and she said she had been drinking about six cans a day since the age of 15.

She agreed to cut way back and then stop totally and her headaches are practically gone and she seems more alert and focussed in general.

Aspartame is bad shit, one molecule removed from formaldehyde, apparently. You can pickle your brain with that crap, I think.

I cringe when I see parents pouring that diet pop down their kids' throats, and all the fast food full of bio-tech hormone beef and every variety of saturated fat, too...
clocker bob

Postby alpha80 on Mon May 08, 2006 9:46 pm

BOO !!!!!

F#@K MONSANTO :evil:

While eating a bag of their red seedless grapes, I felt bad doing it.

I don't know if it was the pesticides, the nano-technology, or my disdain for the company....

...but I've looked @ the brand of grapes I buy from then on....

MONSANTO = CRAP of the stenchiest, most vile and constipatious order :twisted:
alpha80
thomas paine
thomas paine

Postby Cunningham on Tue May 09, 2006 3:15 am

This thread, however obvious, should exist purely for venting hatred against the fuckers.

Bovine Growth Hormone... fuck

Reading about Monsanto makes me feel sad that im not doing everything in my power to protest these fucks. Then I look at Africa... it never ends.

CRAP
CRAP
CRAP
Cunningham
mime
mime

Postby Rimbaud III on Tue May 09, 2006 3:40 am

clocker bob wrote: Aspartame is bad shit, one molecule removed from formaldehyde, apparently. You can pickle your brain with that crap, I think.

And guess who we have to thank for its rushed roll out into the consumer market?

Donald Rumsfeld.

Although I imagine you already knew this...
Rimbaud III
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Adam CR on Tue May 09, 2006 7:13 am

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Fox News/Monsanto cover-up of the rBGH story.

Crazy stuff.
On a steel horse I ride.
Adam CR

Postby clocker bob on Tue May 09, 2006 10:15 am

Rimbaud III wrote:
clocker bob wrote: Aspartame is bad shit, one molecule removed from formaldehyde, apparently. You can pickle your brain with that crap, I think.

And guess who we have to thank for its rushed roll out into the consumer market?

Donald Rumsfeld.

Although I imagine you already knew this...

That link took me directly to a forest of evil.

Artificial sweeteners are toxic, and since so many people who drink diet pop think they're just drinking calorie-free emptiness, they're chain drinkers of that shit.

I noticed that in the recent agreement between gov't and soft drink manufacturers to ban pop sales in grade schools, they do permit diet pop sales on high school campuses. Childhood obesity seems to be all they're trying to correct with these measures, everything else is off the table and under the rug.

Anecdotal evidence that aspartame disrupts memory has been growing since the sugar substitute was approved in the early 1980s, though attempts to prove the claim have so far been equivocal. Previous studies have tested memory by asking aspartame users to remember lists of words or numbers-- tests of short-term memory. But according to Timothy M. Barth, Ph.D., a psychology professor at Texas Christian University, those studies focused on the wrong type of memory.

In his study of 90 students, Barth found that participants who regularly drank diet sodas containing aspartame performed as well as nonusers on laboratory tests. However, aspartame users were more likely to report long-term memory lapses like forgetting details of personal routines or whether or not a task had been completed.
clocker bob

Postby flippantminister on Wed May 10, 2006 3:39 pm

anniston, alabama- about an hour from where i live- has been horribly fucked over a period of decades by Monsanto. PCBs in your drinking water, no remorse.

if you're bored and want to get pissed, http://www.chemicalindustryarchives.org ... /intro.asp
i breathe spears.
flippantminister
ward boss
ward boss

Postby Into the Void on Wed May 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Anyone else seen the documentary "The Future of Food?" It covers Monsanto in all it's evil glory.
Into the Void

Postby Rick Reuben on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:34 am

Food supply as strategic weapon, GM food as strategic weapon.
Agribusiness Giants To Gain Control Over Worldwide Food Supply

Some of this data is a couple of years old, but the article is current:
global research wrote:Early in the 1970s, agribusiness producers controlled US food supplies. They'd now go global on a scale without precedent. The goal - "staggering profits" by "restructur(ing) the way Americans grew food to feed themselves and the world." Ronald Reagan continued Carter's policy and let the top four or five monopoly players control it. It led to an unprecedented "concentration and transformation of American agriculture" with independent family farmers driven off their land through forced sales and bankruptcies so "more efficient" agribusiness giants could move in with "Factory Farms." Remaining small producers became virtual serfs as "contract farmers." America's landscape was changing with people trampled on for profits.

Engdahl explained a gradual process of "wholesale merger(s) and consolidation....of American food production....into giant corporate global concentrations" with familiar names - Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Smithfield Foods and ConAgra. As they grew bigger, so did their bottom lines with annual equity returns rising from 13% in 1993 to 23% in 1999. Hundreds of thousands of small farmers lost out for it as their numbers dropped by 300,000 from 1979 to 1998 alone. It was even worse for hog farmers with a drop from 600,000 to 157,000 so 3% of producers could control 50% of the market.

The social costs were staggering and continue to be as "entire rural communities collapsed and rural towns became ghost towns." Consider the consequences:

-- by 2004, the four largest beef packers controlled 84% of steer and heifer slaughter - Tyson, Cargill, Swift and National Beef Packing;

-- four giants controlled 64% of hog production - Smithfield Foods, Tyson, Swift and Hormel;

-- three companies controlled 71% of soybean crushing - Cargill, ADM and Bunge;

-- three giants controlled 63% of all flour milling, and five companies controlled 90% of global grain trade;

-- four other companies controlled 89% of the breakfast cereal market - Kellogg, General Mills, Kraft Foods and Quaker Oats;

-- in 1998, Cargill acquired Continental Grain to control 40% of national grain elevator capacity;

-- four large agro-chemical/seed giants controlled over 75% of the nation's seed corn sales and 60% of it for soybeans while also having the largest share of the agricultural chemical market - Monsanto, Novartis, Dow Chemical and DuPont; six companies controlled three-fourths of the global pesticides market;

-- Monsanto and DuPont controlled 60% of the US corn and soybean seed market - all of it patented GMO seeds; and

-- 10 large food retailers controlled $649 billion in global sales in 2002, and the top 30 food retailers account for one-third of global grocery sales.
Rick Reuben

Postby Argyreia Nervosa on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:19 pm

Easily one of the most criminally insane corporate persons.

Monsanto definitely makes the short list of companies and people that jeopardizing the the future of the planet over complete foolishness.
the truth can never hurt the true...
Argyreia Nervosa
sweeny todd
sweeny todd

Postby iembalm on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:59 pm

iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby SecondEdition on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:07 pm

"Dad's working at Dupont,
Mom's working at Monsanto,
All my friends are here,
ready to PARRR-TY, MAAAAAAANNNNN..."

What? Oh, Monsanto. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. An utterly vile corporation.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap