crap/not crap

crap
54%
not crap
46%

Total votes : 140

loud annoying things: motorcycles

Postby cervixFORaHEart on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:15 pm

ive developed strong negative emotions for these things the last couple of years. what kind of person would actually get on one of these things anyway and why do they have to be so god damn loud. do they go out of their way to make them really loud? plus, in illinois you can actually ride one without a helmet...which i think is fine but it seems so ridiculous. the whole thing seems ridiculous to me.

to me, motorcycles are crap.
Uncle Ovipositor wrote:In Tokyo, the Japanese can pee in the streets...
cervixFORaHEart
captain mash
captain mash

Postby a. james on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:35 pm

in hospitals they call them "donor cycles."

loud, dangerous, crap.

though i believe there are some bikers on here. they might have something else to say.

"fun," perhaps?
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby El Protoolio on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:49 pm

They're loud to make prissy sissies like you cry about it.
Then we laugh at you when you cry.
Then we ride off with your women.

The Humongous rules the Wasteland!
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby cervixFORaHEart on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:57 pm

El Protoolio wrote:The Humongous rules the Wasteland!

you mean, coitus?
cervixFORaHEart
captain mash
captain mash

Postby Tom on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Everything you've said on here is true.

especially about them being a lot of fun.

Not Crap.
Tom
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Lemuel Gulliver on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:10 am

I've actually thought about doing a C/NC about loud cars/noise pollution lately because my neighbor has this beat up Camaro that sounds like hell on wheels. I'm sure he must be slinging dope because he comes and goes at all hours and is in and out every 15 minutes or so. The funny thing is that the dude's been driving on a spare doughnut tire for about 6 months.

Don't cities have some sort of noise ordinances against these sorts of machines? I mean, it's not like they're construction noise that'll go away eventually. It's there all the time. At least if it lives next to you.

WTF do I do?

In re motorcycles: I had the misfortune of visiting my dad in Reno a few years ago during their big motorcycle week called "Street Vibrations." Bikers come from all over. My balls shook for that whole week I was there. Fuck that shit.
Lemuel Gulliver
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby motorbike guy on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:21 pm

I tried to resist this thread but I can't

1. A rational person would choose to ride a motorcycle because they are more efficient, easier to park, and about 100 times more fun than a car. Except you get wet when it rains.

2. Riding a motorcycle is very fun, it is like flying 3 feet off the ground. Riding a motorcycle to its (and your) limit on the racetrack is almost the most fun thing there is, next to skydiving and sex, but racing lasts much much longer.

3. Most riders I know do not agree with the "loud pipes save lives" sentiment which is often trotted out by the greasy hells angels wannabees to justify their absurdly loud motorcycles. I like loud bikes at the race track, and I don't really mind them on the street, and I love me the sound of a loud ducati booming by.

4. I understand that many people are bothered by loud motorcycles on the road, and there is no real good reason for them, other than that other people like the noise. There are usually state and/or federal regulations prohibiting any modification to the exhaust system, but they are rarely enforced.

5. Loud bikes are no more annoying than other obnoxious noises we encounter every day, airplanes, loud car stereos, loud "fart tips" on hopped up honda civics, etc.
motorbike guy
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby vockins on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:00 pm

One man's "loud annoying thing" is another man's pinnacle of human achievement.

tres NOT CRAP.
vockins
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby BadComrade on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:09 pm

There's this jerk-off with a Harley that fucks some 50 year old barfly that lives across the street from me. A couple of times, he's decided to get on his bike and ride around the neighborhood at 4am, shooting up and down my street at wide open throttle for no reason at all. Sometimes he leaves the neighborhood, and you can actually hear him on his "lap", blocks away, before he comes back and parks it. I seriously think that the next time he does this, I am going to go out side and push his fucking motorcycle over.
I played a drum in Tijuana Hercules.
Boombats wrote:I can't expect someone who plays an aluminum 12-string bass to have a sense of restraint.
BadComrade
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby motorbike guy on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 pm

BadComrade wrote:There's this jerk-off with a Harley that fucks some 50 year old barfly that lives across the street from me. A couple of times, he's decided to get on his bike and ride around the neighborhood at 4am, shooting up and down my street at wide open throttle for no reason at all. Sometimes he leaves the neighborhood, and you can actually hear him on his "lap", blocks away, before he comes back and parks it. I seriously think that the next time he does this, I am going to go out side and push his fucking motorcycle over.

He sounds like a jerk. He could just as well have a Mustang with straight pipes. I agree a straight piped harley at 4am in a residential city neighborhood is prickish and rude. Do not tar all motorcyclists with the same brush as this lout, however.
motorbike guy

Postby cwiko on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:36 pm

Holy shit, BadComrade! Do you live in Logan Square? I wonder if we're listening to the same biker. I've grown as accustomed to his bike as I have the el, so it doesn't bother me anymore. But yeah, nothing screams 'Look at me!!' more than some cocksure dude on his louder-than-a-jet-plane hog. Have you heard one of those under an overpass!? Jesus-fucking-Christ that's annoying.
cwiko
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby a. james on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:42 pm

BadComrade wrote:There's this jerk-off with a Harley that fucks some 50 year old barfly that lives across the street from me. A couple of times, he's decided to get on his bike and ride around the neighborhood at 4am, shooting up and down my street at wide open throttle for no reason at all. Sometimes he leaves the neighborhood, and you can actually hear him on his "lap", blocks away, before he comes back and parks it. I seriously think that the next time he does this, I am going to go out side and push his fucking motorcycle over.

i dare you.
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
a. james
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby scott on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 pm

Loud motorcycles are CRAP. No question, no waffle. And hey, in Chicago, they're quite illegal. Not like cops do anything about it 99 times out of 100. But still, it's a crime to drive a loud motorcycle... and by the definition set forth in the law, pretty much every single motorcycle qualifies as illegally loud.

Motorcycles in general are CRAP. And stupid. But totally your right to have and ride and whatnot. Knock yourself out. Hell, kill youself.

Fuel efficient, yes, and this makes sense. So fun, yes, that's what you've told me. CRAP.

If 100% of guys on motorcycles didn't have bullshit attitudes, and didn't drive like morons, and weren't pricks who go out of their way to be loud and obnoxious... if all motorcycles were used so responsibly, by non-asshole people who were genuinely concerned about fuel efficiency and fun and not being a dick... then they wouldn't be riding motorcycles. They'd be riding scooters. Like little girls. Cause bikes are for real men, tough guys, with boots!

The number of guys I've met who ride motorcycles who aren't jagoffs is far outweighed by the number of guys I've met who ride motorcycles who *are* jagoffs.

The guys on the street who I never meet, who are fucking loud assholes, or who think they are entitled to drive in between two lanes of traffic at a red light, those guys can fuck right off and keep giving motorcycle riders the bad rap that they have. Cause it looks like most of the time, the guy on the bike is a jagoff driving like an idiot, gunning it under the overpass so he can be SO loud, him and his buddies going out cruising... maybe that's just cause I'm in the city and not, uh, wherever all the fat guys with Goldwings live.

And Graham... any woman that's gonna ride off on your bike, and now you've stolen my woman, hell, you can have her. What was I doing with her in the first place? I'm not so taken by women who are easily impressed by the excitement of riding off with a douche like you on a bike.

Loud bike, CRAP, WF:0. Shit's illegal for a reason. You're a douche. Eat shit. Etc
May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather
first show - last show
scott
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Swat on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:35 pm

The Hells Angels clubhouse are a ways down the street and I can't stand them when they're blazing by my house. Walls shake.

I HATE them.

That said, I think that there are some 'reasonably' loud bikes that don't bother me at all... A British motorcycle owners group meet up about a couple of blocks away and I LOVE the sound of the old BSAs, Nortons and Triumphs. I've got an SR400 and a GSXR 750 that I think are reasonable in this regard.

I've heard many hopped up 5.0L Mustangs doing chewies, broken mufflers, fart cars (the dumb pipes that make the car sound like it's farting extremely loud), unattended cars with car alarms going off for hours, and some very annoying boomcars that are MUCH worse than my bikes.

I'm conscious of MY footprint in society, and that's all I would expect from others. Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with some of my fellow citizens.
Swat
pom pom
pom pom

Postby zom-zom on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:43 pm

I own four motorcycles. My main ride is a 1975 Moto Guzzi 850T. I think the tappets are louder than the pipes. I've been riding since I rode my minibike in the alleys of Chicago around Cicero and Diversey in the late '60s.

You're probably hearing jackass Weekend Warrior fat-ass Harley dudes. They seem to think their farty-sounding poseur-bikes sound cool. Or, the dayglo-clad idiots on their whining plastic-shrouded donor bikes.

But motorcycles in general: Fun, good transportation, economical, etc. So not crap.

Now, Bicycles are really crap. They're always in the way, the riders are exclusively arrogant dorks. Why, I've never met a Bicyclist that wasn't.
It's like they want you to run them over.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby cervixFORaHEart on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:11 pm

i ride a bicycle.

i dont want you to run me over.
cervixFORaHEart
captain mash
captain mash

Postby zom-zom on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:12 pm

cervixFORaHEart wrote:i ride a bicycle.

What a shocker.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby mr.arrison on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:40 pm

zom-zom wrote:
You're probably hearing jackass Weekend Warrior fat-ass Harley dudes. They seem to think their farty-sounding poseur-bikes sound cool. Or, the dayglo-clad idiots on their whining plastic-shrouded donor bikes.

Crotch Rockets. Fiberglass Suppositories. I think Vockins has one. He's not an idiot though..

I really hate Harleys and most of the people that ride them. It is especially annoying around Sturgis time, when traveling in the Midwest. What a way to ruin the scenic views of the Black Hills, Badlands or Devil's Tower- with fat greaser dudes on loud ass Harleys.

And I would argue that Bicyclists are far less annoying than Harley dudes.
mr.arrison
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby mr.arrison on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:42 pm

Motorcycles, even when fat meth huffing Harley dudes and Crotch Rocketeers are considered are still NOT CRAP.
mr.arrison

Postby Johnny 13 on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:45 pm

Motorcycles are good, cause they have excelllent gas milage and give us reasons to wear bad ass jackets.

I am in love with bicycles tho. Cannot ride them enough. Astoundingly good gas milage, tho they give people reasons to wear unfortunate hats.

2 wheels is always best.
Johnny 13

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap