Crap
86%
Not Crap
14%

Total votes : 130

Person: Alex Jones

Postby JC23by5 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Personally, I say Not Crap.
Last edited by JC23by5 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC23by5
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby clocker bob on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Not Crap. Alex Jones is Instant Crap to some folks, who will say Crap based on a two word definition of him: conspiracy theorist. To conspiracy-phobes, there is no such thing as a conspiracy theorist who is Not Crap. Some conspiracy-phobes will look at the content of what Jones says, but most won't, because they're terrified of being dragged into an argument that forces them to challenge his positions as positions; they throw up their hands and scream "Crap!", because their cult of structural analysis is pretty much all that shields them from the world that they cannot explain ( but claim to ).

BTW- you need to add a poll if you want there to be a vote on this. Read the sticky at the top of page one. You can still add a poll by editing.
clocker bob

Postby JC23by5 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Yeah I forgot to add the poll. Thanks Bob.
Rick Reuben wrote:You must choose your words carefully. That's what I always say.
JC23by5

Postby legpuppy on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 pm

There's some crap there, as he's prone to seeing a master plan in everything from new movies to Mel Gibson's arrest. I also think he's lined up on the wrong side of quite a few issues. Still, I admire his skill in exposing a lot of things, he's a good film maker and his work is an easy source of vital information. He's getting better and better, too. All in all, NOT CRAP.
legpuppy
viceroy
viceroy

Postby Rick Reuben on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm

Russia Today (Russian CNN, pretty much) featured a six minute interview today with Alex Jones, from the DNC. He made some excellent points about the hijacking of America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAkHOXxMoM

Rick Reuben

Postby TRIFECTA on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 pm

He is crazy, he may have some far fetched ideas, I agree with some of his shit a lot though.he is crazy and has HUGE balls, doing what he does.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, THEN DON'T READ MY FUCKING POSTS

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality".
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
TRIFECTA
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby jimmy spako on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

EDIT in 2016: removed old post that sounded like I support this dude. I don't support this dude.
Last edited by jimmy spako on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Cranius on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 pm

The guy is the CEO of the Conspiracy Corp. USA. Everytime someone mimics his pusillanimous, reactionary rhetoric it feeds his ever fattening wallet.

How about that for a conspiracy?

Moreover, if you go for this sort of thing, you might as well get THICK rubber-stamped on your forehead.

You are all stooges for Alex Jones' agenda.
Cranius
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby jimmy spako on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:03 pm

EDIT in 2016: removed old uninformed post that sounded like I support this dude.
I don't support this dude.
Last edited by jimmy spako on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy spako
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Ernest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Cranius wrote:You are all stooges for Alex Jones' agenda.

This is hilarious.
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby daniel robert chapman on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Twenty-four hours a week, seven days a month
daniel robert chapman
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Cranius on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Cranius
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Ernest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:59 pm

big_dave wrote:Libertarianism approaching brown shirt proto-fascism at a breathtaking speed.

You know how much I like your posts. Please do elaborate.
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Rick Reuben on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Cranius wrote:The guy is the CEO of the Conspiracy Corp. USA. Everytime someone mimics his pusillanimous, reactionary rhetoric it feeds his ever fattening wallet.
Hilarious. Whose wallets are fattened every time Cranius denies that central banking is run for the profit of fewer than 100 families?
Rick Reuben

Postby Rick Reuben on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Do you even know what you are posting, you drunk? Nothing is for sale in that youtube clip you selected.

Jones doesn't enforce copyright on any of his films. They're all free on the web, and you can burn a thousand copies if you like. He also puts out commercial-free podcasts of the radio show.

Cranius' masters, truly sucking us dry by selling us counterfeit paper at interest:

Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.
Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240

( Those numbers were calculated in 1997, just for the record. God knows what they are now. We probably paid for every cluster bomb that landed on Lebanon in the last invasion.)

Is there anything more shameful than being the richest dynasty on Earth, the Rothschilds, bribing and extorting your way to a new country on stolen land, and then passing the bill on to a country with a Zionist population of single percentage points? That's chutzpah. That's power, baby.
Rick Reuben

Postby Ernest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 pm

big_dave wrote:
Skronk wrote:
big_dave wrote:Libertarianism approaching brown shirt proto-fascism at a breathtaking speed.

You know how much I like your posts. Please do elaborate.

If you're blind to it, be content in your smugness. After all, you're not one of the dirty sheeple who are blind to the global conspiracy that you are specially blessed enough to see.

Lord Byron wrote:Start not—nor deem my spirit fled:
In me behold the only skull,
From which, unlike a living head,
Whatever flows is never dull.

big_dave wrote:The connection to racism, xenophobia, anti-feminism and holocaust denial plain to everyone other than the would-be brown shirts. Been to rense.com today? Or prisonplanet? Bothered reading a Rick Reuben post?

Since we are talking about Alex Jones, and not David Duke, these accusations are really pushing it. Racism, anti-feminism, and holocaust denial aren't things I've heard from Jones. Granted, I don't listen to his show that often, nor agree with him on a few important ideas, but unless you spin the hell out of what he says, there's really not much substance to your criticism.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Rick Reuben on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

big_dave wrote: After all, you're not one of the dirty sheeple who are blind to the global conspiracy that you are specially blessed enough to see.
There's no more established pattern of racist contempt on this board than your own.
big_dave wrote:there are no secret financial elites.

There are no elites, and even if there were it wouldn't make a big different to social/political situations

Extreme wealth does not make one "elite".

big_dave wrote:The existence of elites would mean that there are no classes, as the bourgeois and the state would not exist, just the elites.
Pure gibberish. Someone would have to be motivated by some twisted racist bullshit to lie with such sociopathic lustful abandon. Why, you'd almost think that Dave had been trained since childhood to reserve the truth for only his own tribe, and to treat the outsiders as deserving of only fraud and subterfuge.
Rick Reuben

Postby Rick Reuben on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:43 pm

big_dave wrote:The substance here is his media empire and his connections to a cesspit of bigotry and some shady organisations. Just because those connections and bigotries are not unique to him does not invalidate the criticism.
Skronk just asked you to produce evidence of racism or holocaust denial from Jones, and your reply restates the same charge of a 'connection', without proof.

I think Dave thinks everything on the web is 'connected', if he finds it all on the same internet. :roll:

The only sure connection Dave has ever made is this: everyone who criticizes the rich and powerful is a racist. There can be no other reason in Dave's world.

Rick Reuben

Postby Ernest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 pm

big_dave wrote:Notice I said "connection".

And those are? We could sit here and talk about our "connections", too. I think I heard a Skrewdriver song a while back. But in all seriousness, it's not criticism with any weight if there's no examples.

big_dave wrote:Jones' words are as irrelevant as Bush's. He has nothing interesting or intelligent to say, for better or worse. The substance here is his media empire and his connections to a cesspit of bigotry and some shady organisations. Just because those connections and bigotries are not unique to him does not invalidate the criticism.

If you can't show these connections, nor ascribe them to Jones, it's useless. A media empire? Having a site and diy videos makes a media empire?

big_dave wrote:But, whatever. My mind is obviously not open enough to take his reactionary, paleo-conservative truth. He's like the Grateful Dead or Phish, he has to wrap everything up in mind-blowing imagery and rhetoric to cover how staid and old-hat his opinions really are. And like them he has a mob of supporters who make up for a lack in culture and education with middle class cares and inheritance to spare. There's a lot of money and kudos to be made from blowing the minds of the credulous, and a lot of cult of personality to be gained as well.

Sure, I don't appreciate his sometimes over the top delivery, or fear mongering, but his opinions are fine, even if I don't agree with them all. Your post sounds more like a condemnation of his more vocal supporters than it does of Jones himself.

We keep coming back to this money issue, when in fact, his movies, radio show, whatever else is mostly freely available, by Jones himself. I don't see the 'snakeoil' nor con man persona in action, unless you'd place his views in that category.

big_dave wrote:So there, crap. Like the self-help equivalent of Phish or The Matrix. Only unlike Phish and The Matrix he has some shady connections with (and similiarities to) the furthest reaches of the far right.

You know, the far right doesn't mean racist, nor a card carrying member of the nra. But if "far right" equals to racist to you, whatever. This reminds me of the characterization of 'liberal' by uninformed conservatives.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Ernest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Yeah, diy. Like sitting in front of a desk with a blue backdrop behind you, and talking.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap