home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

radio personality: rush limbaugh

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

rush?

rush, rush i can feel you! i can feel you all through me!
3%
crap
87%
find him entertaining but don't necessarily agree with his politics
2%
find him entertaining but despise his politics
7%

Total votes : 86

radio personality: rush limbaugh

Postby kenoki on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:01 am

what do you think? i sort of like him. i was reading his books in 7th grade, that shit was dope. there was a period of spite, of course, but now i think he is really entertaining and sometimes has very good points. of course, he can also be somewhat damaging to fragile minds with his calamity (i.e. being completely against anything that could help keep a clean environment)... but, everyone has their flaws.
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Gold Rush!

Postby El Flaco on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:33 am

At some point in the 70's my grandfather passed away. My grandma Gillooly now down a husband and long past raising eight kids left Ohio and traveled straight to Tampa, Florida. Upon arrival she purchased a white 1981 Firebird and took up deep sea fishing. By the time we moved to Florida in 1985 her eyesight went to shit. She spent the majority of her time with her cockatoo listening to books on tape and one Rush Limbaugh. My grandma enjoyed three things.....smoking viceroy cigarettes, drinking whiskey, and arguing with Rush Limbaugh on a daily basis. She was clearly entertained and I think he was appealing twofold. In a lonely household she longed for arguments and as far as their politics colided he was prime, and further he is quite the effective showman. He is unashamed of who he is which makes him a superb enemy. And so, i picked up the habit from her and still listen.
El Flaco
cannon fodder
cannon fodder

Postby NerblyBear on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:36 am

He has nothing interesting or even valid to say. He is better than Hannity or Coulter, but that is saying very, very little. Right-wingers are fundamentally out-of-touch with the realities of contemporary American society.

A boob with a comb-over.

Crap.
Gay People Rock
NerblyBear
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby steve on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:39 am

Are you a for-real idiot or just pretending? I don't want to hate you unnecessarily.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby El Flaco on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 am

Last edited by El Flaco on Sun May 20, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Flaco
cannon fodder
cannon fodder

Postby nihil on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:48 am

I don't get it.
nihil
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby kenoki on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:00 am

NerblyBear wrote:Right-wingers are fundamentally out-of-touch with the realities of contemporary American society.

Nerbly, you, me and the electrical board are not all of American Society, right-wingers are a MAJOR aspect of it too, thus they are perfectly in touch. I have, and probably you and everyone else too, old friends who stuck with the Republican, and to be honest I can't even speak to them anymore because they are complete fucking morons, but they have a shit ton of friends who all believe the same things as them and they are as american as hamburgers. And the same goes for the f'in Nancy Pelosi's of the world. They are both so in touch with American Culture it makes me want to move or try and get a state to secede. So, with that in mind, a person like myself can either avoid everything to do with politics and the media and entertainment or you can accept all of it with a grain of salt since all of it has something someone like myself can disagree with.

I mean, duh, of course, fundamentally, Rush sucks. But so what?
kenoki
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby nihil on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:19 am

kenoki wrote:
NerblyBear wrote:Right-wingers are fundamentally out-of-touch with the realities of contemporary American society.

Nerbly, you, me and the electrical board are not all of American Society, right-wingers are a MAJOR aspect of it too, thus they are perfectly in touch. I have, and probably you and everyone else too, old friends who stuck with the Republican, and to be honest I can't even speak to them anymore because they are complete fucking morons, but they have a shit ton of friends who all believe the same things as them and they are as american as hamburgers. And the same goes for the f'in Nancy Pelosi's of the world. They are both so in touch with American Culture it makes me want to move or try and get a state to secede. So, with that in mind, a person like myself can either avoid everything to do with politics and the media and entertainment or you can accept all of it with a grain of salt since all of it has something someone like myself can disagree with.

I mean, duh, of course, fundamentally, Rush sucks. But so what?

I still don't get it.
nihil

Postby NerblyBear on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:28 am

I don't avoid "everything to do with politics." I'm very interested and involved in politics. I don't consider Limbaugh to be someone who has anything interesting to contribute to political discourse, and I don't think that right-wingers have anything of substance to contribute to this discourse. They don't pay attention to the plight of the working class. They don't pay attention to the destruction of public schools and public hospitals. They don't pay attention to the destruction of the environment.

Right-wingers have absolutely no clue what is currently going down in this country. That includes you, kenoki, if you consider yourself one of them.
Gay People Rock
NerblyBear

Postby unarmedman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 am

My guess is that most folks you see on TV, or in movies, or that have multi-million dollar radio shows are likely out of touch with contemporary American society. I say that inasmuch as anyone who is chauffeured everywhere they go, has every meal and every expense paid by representation, and communicates through the press.

That being said, there are ideas and philosophies of both the left and right that are sensible in dealing with the problems of everyday life. Usually the applications of said ideas are flawed, and thus we have a (minimum) two-party system to debate what's best. I'm still amazed how many people seem to have a problem with this.

If all these morons on tv and radio were more like Ed Begley Jr. (as opposed to mouthing off at awards ceremonies, marching, and taking GAP photos), well then I'd say that's an example much more worth following. That guy is solid, and funny as hell.

Anyway, off soapbox!
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill
unarmedman
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby Boombats on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:38 am

Ad-hominem attacks aside (I myself am a fat-ass and have done many many drugs), Thrush Limburger is a media tool. Granted, most of the opinions he projects are also his own, but I think that when one puts onesself in the position that he is in, one's cognitive rationale takes a back seat to party politics and sponsor dogma. I would be more inclined to listen to him if he were some guy at the bar, or anyone I could actually have an arguement with. As he is, he's about as real as Father Brian O'Blivion from VIDEODROME.

The fading phenomenon of Rush Rooms still gives me a chuckle. There was one downstate from me in a Mr. Bagel shop, regurgitating video footage 24-7 while people bought their boiled dough rings. I doubt many Jews shopped there more than once.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby ubercat on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am

I work in radio, so to listen to someone slowly go deaf because of drug abuse is very very entertaining, esp when it's Rush.

The man himself is loathsome. The show is terrible - it's not tight, it rambles on and on, and the phone drivers are just flat out stupid. The only reason why he's got a show is he appeals directly to people who only have feeling about politics (etc), not any manner of fact. He appeals to the lowest tenets of Christianity and Democracy - those particularly well suited to greedy consumers.
Last edited by ubercat on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubercat
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby eephour on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:59 am

one of my least favorite humans
eephour

Postby rocker654 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:47 pm

CRAPOLA. Both Rush and Coulter were fished out of the same river of the damned.
blue_thunder wrote:You know, I can't help but think that Kim Gordon records all of her vocals while dropping a deuce.

http://www.myspace.com/therealrocker654
rocker654
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby steve on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:44 pm

unarmedman wrote:That being said, there are ideas and philosophies of both the left and right that are sensible in dealing with the problems of everyday life. Usually the applications of said ideas are flawed, and thus we have a (minimum) two-party system to debate what's best. I'm still amazed how many people seem to have a problem with this.

Right-wingers always say shit like this. "Both sides have valid points to make, but..." and then come down on the side of oppression every time, like it was some sort of compromise. Why? Their minds are made up, but they have to at least appear to have considered the position they have already dogmatically disregarded.

If all these morons on tv and radio were more like Ed Begley Jr. (as opposed to mouthing off at awards ceremonies, marching, and taking GAP photos), well then I'd say that's an example much more worth following.

There's a thought: Public figures should not express political opinions. That's another right-wing shibboleth, echoed by everyone from Rush Limbaugh to South Park. Odd that such public figures are themselves in the business of promoting their political opinions, and they only seem to mind it when public figures disagree with them on the left.

Can you duplicitous right-wing fucknuts please shut up about how reasonable and how even-handed you are? You support a fascist regime, you support the intrusion of the government into our private lives, you reward the rich and powerful in proportion to the suffering they cause for the poor and weak, you are obsessed with punishment and you are uncharitable and mean.

Fuck you, right wing. You are not reasonable.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby steve on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Kenoki wrote:just that i agree left-left-liberals are, mostly, fucking wrong. and you are acting as a perfect example.

Like we were wrong about slavery, about abolition, about woman's suffrage, about prohibition, about children in the workforce, about minimum wage, about fascism, about civil rights, about Apartheid, about the Vietnam war, about the current war...

Wait, we are not wrong. We are almost never wrong. Fuck you for saying we "mostly fucking wrong." Fuck you for ignoring the obvious.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby ubercat on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:15 pm

Wee-ow!
ubercat

Postby connor on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Don't forget "The War on Drugs."

Limbaugh is CRAP. He is disgusting. Fuck you for saying otherwise, Kenoki. Fucking grow up.

My mother listens to him. It makes me and my brother very, very sad. Since 9/11, she has become an obsessive Fox News/Republican radio listener.

I really don't know how to deal with it.
deep.BTUz wrote:I'm into girls, physical fitness and real estate.

Ya'know actual accomplishments.
connor
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby El Protoolio on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:25 pm

CRAP

Rush is part of a disinformation campaign waged against science, reason and rationality by right wing idealouges who place more stock in faith over fact. Faith in god, faith in ideas proven wrong, faith in failed leaders. His purpose is to distort and deny facts. Any reasonable and rational person can see that he is full of shit and only parades his bigotry around to enrich himself.

The difference between him and his fans is that while they may truly believe in something no matter how contradictory the evidence might be, Rush is a cash nihilist who believes in nothing other then money.

You have been conned Kenoki. Conned into thinking Rush believes his own bullshit. I understand it must be difficult to admit it to yourself.

El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Eierdiebe on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:42 pm

this is a no-brainer. rush limbaugh is awful.
Eierdiebe
saw big cat
saw big cat

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap