Band: SLAYER!

CRAP
16%
NOT CRAP
84%

Total votes : 184

Band: SLAYER!!!

Postby Burma on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:42 am

I can't believe this hasn't come up before.

\m/
Burma
convert
convert

Postby horsewhip on Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:28 am

"Angel Of Death" STILL boasts the most baddest-assed drum fill EVER.

NOT CRAP!
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby gcbv on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:13 am

Slayer's "Reign in Blood"

is

by far

one of the

greatest bunch of speed metal tunes

ever assembled.
But I digress. Please continue with the squirrel circuit semantic debate.
gcbv
ed o'neill
ed o'neill

Postby Seaside Lounge on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:23 am

When I was 16 I saw Slayer in a small club in St. Louis. I was afraid my 130 pound frame would be magled by a bunch of drunk rednecks. Partway through the set I was knocked to the ground - I thought it was all over. Then like three dudes reached down at the same time and picked me up. It was awesome. There was this whole speed metal community vibe going on. Peace, love, and Slayer.

No Lombardo but they rocked anyway. Kerry King was wearing tight zebra striped shorts. Not crap.
Seaside Lounge
carter family
carter family

Postby sakes on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:26 am

Hey Seaside - was that at that roller rink on Delmar? or maybe Reflections down in south county?

Next question....solos....King or Hanneman?

Slayer is one of the best ever in my book.
sakes
redd foxx
redd foxx

Postby Dylan on Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:36 am

Reign In Blood will overshadow anything they may crap out on. This album, she is a piece of perfection right here on earth. Some of the other later records were pretty damn good, too.

NOT CRAP

And I think I like King's solos better - is he the one who usually just flails aimlessly with the whammy bar? That's good shit.
Dylan
Supreme Commander at the Forefront
Supreme Commander at the Forefront

Postby Redline on Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:10 pm

I liked Slayer more before I learned they recorded drum parts slow to speed them up, that's some bitch-ass shit. Not Crap with Giant Belgian Waffle.
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Seaside Lounge on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:13 pm

sakes wrote:Hey Seaside - was that at that roller rink on Delmar? or maybe Reflections down in south county?

Mississippi Nights, actually. I can't remember who opened...it was right around the same time I saw Fugazi there with the Killmen warming up.
Seaside Lounge
carter family
carter family

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:46 am

angel of death, in the movie Gremlins 2. unfuckingbelievable. i guess i remembered it, but it still took me by surprise. and please don't ask why i was watching gremlins 2 tonight. commercial breaks during WSOP.

in some ways, total crap. but in more ways, not even close to crap. yeah, not crap.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby BadHearing on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:23 am

Witnessed their show on Dynamo Open Air.
Their singer was like "We Amercans saved your ass in WWII and now you people are giving us the shit about the war in Iraq with your anti-Amercan propaganda. He blatantly named Western Europeans "ungratefull bastards" (whow! :shock: )

Totally weird.
Not Crap though.

Peter
BadHearing
scout
scout

Postby endofanera on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:36 am

BadHearing wrote:Witnessed their show on Dynamo Open Air.
Their singer was like "We Amercans saved your ass in WWII and now you people are giving us the shit about the war in Iraq with your anti-Amercan propaganda. He blatantly named Western Europeans "ungratefull bastards" (whow! :shock: )

Well yeah, theyre idiots. I mean, I can almost never read their lyrics without a full-on eye roll. You know: :roll:

Just like that, but in real life, and for no one but me.

But still-- NOT CRAP.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt
endofanera
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby rbs on Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 pm

One of the many things to love about Slayer is that they never got over juvenile metalhead tendancies. The only time I saw them play live, they rolled out "Seasons in the Abyss", one of the great low/mid-tempo metal tunes of all time, and they'd tripled the tempo within 15 seconds of hitting the first chord. Plus, how can you argue with those Zubaz?
rbs
scout
scout

Postby Andrew L. on Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:16 am

The only Slayer album I own is the covers album. A good album. It's filed beside the Cat Power covers album with all my other good things in storage in North America. Sigh.

Also, what do you mean, "ring-tone." Does this mean that if your phone rings you're a cunt? Is it bad to be a cunt? Is it worse than being a dick? Sometimes 2 wrongs make a right, eh? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?

No what I mean?

Hear what I'm saying?

That's what I'm talkin about!

*Also* is that the way the semicolon is used in the UK? In North America that'd definately need to be a comma there.
Andrew L.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Andrew L. on Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:22 am

MrFood wrote:

in england - a ring-tone means a ringer on your mobile phone that plays a tune, be it a pop song, or a 'hilarious' tv theme tune - they really upset me.

Dude, I live in Taiwan. You cannot imagine. Don't come here.
Andrew L.

Postby Matthias on Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:54 pm

The band put out one of the best metal records ever. Can´t be crap!

N O T C R A P!
It´s such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Matthias
tv clown
tv clown

Postby run joe, run on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:32 am

I saw Slayer last night. It felt like being inside a machine gun. Slayer totally slayed my face, as someone round here says.

Not Crap, certainly as a live act.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
run joe, run
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby mooliachi on Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:55 am

The year Reign in Blood came out, I was in seventh grade, listening to punk and some metal, and this album melted everything away that year, and for many after....learned the lyrics in a week.

Also, a Danzig quote.."I don't really listen to music, but the intro to Mandatory Suicide (South of Heaven) is cool"

On the reign in blood tour, I was told they had heroin fed-ex'd to them at every city...how met-ull is that?
mooliachi
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:59 am

mooliachi wrote:On the reign in blood tour, I was told they had heroin fed-ex'd to them at every city...how met-ull is that?

that doesn't even make sense! wasn't it the drummer in LA Guns who did that? but seriously, why would the guys in Slayer want heroin, especially on that tour? wouldn't coke or just plain old speed make a million times more sense?
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby mooliachi on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:12 am

toomanyhelicopters wrote:
mooliachi wrote:On the reign in blood tour, I was told they had heroin fed-ex'd to them at every city...how met-ull is that?

that doesn't even make sense! wasn't it the drummer in LA Guns who did that? but seriously, why would the guys in Slayer want heroin, especially on that tour? wouldn't coke or just plain old speed make a million times more sense?

The effects of drugs on different people may differ from what you may have learned. Also, if your hands/fingers hurt from the way you play, you're gonna get/want something that eases the pain, anyway, it was just a rumor I heard from an old hessian in Wheaton named Munch...this guy rules..anyone know him?
mooliachi
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:40 am

yeah, i didn't realize you meant for after the show. FWIW, all i've ever seen folks on heroin do is stuff like, maybe play some music for a while, but mostly just lay in beds or sit on couches and nod. that just seems so opposite of reign in blood era slayer, y'know? and really, it just seems to me that coke is a million times more metal than heroin, as far as speed metal goes.

which Wheaton you mean? in Illinois?
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap