Crap or Not Crap?

Crap.
87%
Not Crap.
13%

Total votes : 154

Presidential Contender: Hillary Clinton

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Kerble me if you must, the search function on this site has been useless to me...and I've been posting here for over a year now.

I vote CRAP...but I'll still probably end up voting for her in the general election.

Who are the fucking idiots who support this watered down Bush-esque person? John Edwards is right...she never answers questions directly. That's a nightmare.
Minotaur029
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: Presidential Contender: Hillary Clinton

Postby Ernest on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Minotaur029 wrote:Kerble me if you must, the search function on this site has been useless to me...and I've been posting here for over a year now.

I vote CRAP...but I'll still probably end up voting for her in the general election.

Who are the fucking idiots who support this watered down Bush-esque person? John Edwards is right...she never answers questions directly. That's a nightmare.

You called it right, she is Bush-esque watered down crap, but why would you vote for her if that's the case?
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Skronk wrote:You called it right, she is Bush-esque watered down crap, but why would you vote for her if that's the case?

If I can still vote in Wisconsin next November, it'll most likely be a swing state.

Most likely I'll be voting in Illinois. In that case, I'll probably end up voting for a third party.

But I might end up voting for Clinton anyway...just out of being completely disgusted and horrified by the Republican party/culture.

Have you ever seen a Republican debate? The audience boos and jeers...it's like a cult meeting. Democratic debates?...people sit and listen...they don't try to "fire up" the crowd.
Minotaur029

Postby Ernest on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:07 pm

It's up to you who you vote for, don't get me wrong. I don't gage a debate by the audience reaction, but at the same time I keep a healthy suspicion about all the empty promises.
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby NerblyBear on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 pm

I hate Hillary Clinton.

I hate the way she side-steps questions, just like a true politician should. I saw her appear on Ellen DeGeneres's talk show one day. She was asked, "Why are you not in favor of gay marriage?"

She went right into the oily shtick. "I'm in favor of civil unions, but, more importantly, I think it's time for Americans to start treating each other with tolerance and respect, no matter what our sexual proclivities." Cue fawning, servile audience response. Ellen then asks, "Do you just think that the issue would be a deal-breaker for any candidate for the presidency?" Hillary responds, "No, I don't think so. But this has been my opinion all along. I think that we Democrats should put behind us the fact that we disagree on certain peripheral issues, especially since we agree on the main solutions to today's problems."

Hillary then pulls a t-shirt out of a bag that sits to her left. "I just got these new tee-shirts for us to wear!" They say, apropos of nothing, DEGENERES AND CLINTON 2008. Callow ploy to lock up the weepy housewife vote.

I hate this person. I hate her grandstanding over her non-effort over nationalized health care. I hate her mealy-mouthed support of continued troop presence in Iraq, while she simultaneously gets on her high horse to denounce the Bush administration's ineptness. I hate her switching of accents depending on the regional dialect of her audience.

I hate Hillary Clinton. But if she runs as the Democratic candidate, I will vote for her, because the thought of Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide.
Last edited by NerblyBear on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NerblyBear
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Skronk wrote:It's up to you who you vote for, don't get me wrong. I don't gauge a debate by the audience reaction, but at the same time I keep a healthy suspicion about all the empty promises.

I had a long argument with fucking Ralph Nader in 2004 (I was obsessed with getting Bush out of office so I knew poll numbers state-by-state, day-by-day).

He had me plugged back in after the Nader supporters booed and hissed at me (they took out my mic)...but he was a politician all the same...he ducked direct questions in favor of rambling answers that didn't mean shit.

A good man...but politicians are politicians.

Republicans are scary...too scary for me to vote for any of them.

If Ron Paul ran against Hillary Clinton in a general election, I would vote for him...not because I've been impressed by his performance in the debates/recent fundraising triumph (I have been impressed)...but just because he's not "controlled" the way the rest of the Republican field/Hillary Clinton is.

This will not happen (Ron Paul getting the nomination). It's probably gonna be Hillary or a third party candidate for me next November.
Minotaur029

Postby El Protoolio on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:18 pm

A big steaming pile of crap. Fuck both the Clintons and their Republican Lite politics, anti labor pandering and general DLC cock sucking.

I could see myself getting along with them personally, just like people liked Bush as someone they could have a beer with (and we see how well that kind of criteria worked out), but I never voted for Bill and will never vote for Hillary.

I will also never vote GOP for any office, not even piss boy.
Last edited by El Protoolio on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Nerbly wrote:I hate Hillary Clinton. But if she runs as the Democratic candidate, I will vote for her, because the thought of Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide.

There's really no telling which Republican will get the nomination at this point.

Right now...it's most likely to be Romney...he's doing well in all the first primary polls (Iowa, N.H.). He would get creamed in a g.e.
Minotaur029

Postby NerblyBear on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 pm

Minotaur029 wrote:There's really no telling which Republican will get the nomination at this point.

I will vote against any Republican, but Giuliani is the one that really freaks me out.
NerblyBear

Postby MWilke on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:23 pm

I didn't agree with everything Bill Clinton did, but for the most part he hired a good staff and administration, worked well with other countries, and could stay on the same page with the Fed economically. Also kept us out of trouble for the most part aside from Kosovo.

My belief is that you're not voting for a candidate as you are the potential cabinet and administration that the candidate is capable of assembling. I believe that Hillary Clinton's executive branch would resemble Bill's and I could live with that.

I prefer Obama, but I'll have no problem voting for Hillary.

NC
MWilke
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Sock OR Muffin? on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Being in Georgia, I don't have to vote for her, she will lose this state anyway.

El Protoolio wrote: I will also never vote GOP for any office, not even piss boy.

Agreed there unfortunately. We'll see who's on the ballot when the time comes I guess. So far though, Hillary = CRAP.
Anthony Flack wrote:In fact it was Jimmy Saville who first introduced Cream to The Small Faces.
Sock OR Muffin?
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Protoolio wrote:I will also never vote GOP for any office, not even piss boy.

I'd vote for piss boy.
Minotaur029

Postby Minotaur029 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:25 pm

NerblyBear wrote:
Minotaur029 wrote:There's really no telling which Republican will get the nomination at this point.

I will vote against any Republican, but Giuliani is the one that really freaks me out.

They're all worth freaking the fuck out about, seriously...even Ron Paul...and it's difficult for me to dislike him.

Fuck Ron Paul anyway.
Minotaur029

Postby chet on Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Minotaur029 wrote:
I had a long argument with fucking Ralph Nader in 2004 (I was obsessed with getting Bush out of office so I knew poll numbers state-by-state, day-by-day).

He had me plugged back in after the Nader supporters booed and hissed at me (they took out my mic)...but he was a politician all the same...he ducked direct questions in favor of rambling answers that didn't mean shit.

A good man...but politicians are politicians.

Good thing you didn't try this with John Kerry.

Nader seems like a good guy; probably one of the most valid options for 2008 (if he does throw his hat in the ring).

Clinton is crap crap crap. Shes probably the worst democrat running for office (I admit I don't know much about Dodd or Biden).
chet
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby chet on Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:33 pm

NerblyBear wrote:
I hate Hillary Clinton. But if she runs as the Democratic candidate, I will vote for her, because the thought of Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide.

Thats a big "if" for Rudy at this point...and whats wrong with a third party? Voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.
chet
tired of birds
tired of birds

Postby Rick Reuben on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 pm

NerblyBear wrote:the thought of Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide.

If Giuliani is your greater enemy, why don't you register Republican so you can influence that primary? Or, since you are in GA, just vote against Giuliani:
Unlike many other states, voters in Georgia do not register by party affiliation. At each General Primary, voters may select either a Democratic, Republican or Nonpartisan Ballot – and that choice is not limited in any way by the ballots voters have selected in previous elections. They may, of course, only vote one ballot in this election.
Rick Reuben

Postby o_d_m on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:52 pm

The thought of Clinton or Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide. I couldn't vote in that election, which really pisses me off.

Couldn't we just make everybody happier and move to an automatic run-off system?

I personally like not having to choose the lesser of two evils every four years.

More than two choices and a none of the above selection on all national (hell just make it all) election ballots for me thank you very much.

I won't hold my breath though.

And by the way, Clinton is pure unadultarated war-loving CRAP w/ no waffles. In the silly political quiz things I have taken, she always ends up 3rd or 4th on the list, but I have to wonder if thats based on the positions she holds today, the ones she held the day before, or the ones she'll hold tommorow.
o_d_m
jiminy cricket
jiminy cricket

Postby MWilke on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:24 pm

Wow, I'm still the lone NC vote here. No one else?

I mean I realize she's a politician and how NC could she possibly be, but her views are relatively in line with mine. I figured a few other people on this board would agree.
MWilke

Postby DrAwkward on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Rick Reuben wrote:
NerblyBear wrote:the thought of Giuliani in the White House makes me want to take cyanide.

If Giuliani is your greater enemy, why don't you register Republican so you can influence that primary? Or, since you are in GA, just vote against Giuliani:
Unlike many other states, voters in Georgia do not register by party affiliation. At each General Primary, voters may select either a Democratic, Republican or Nonpartisan Ballot – and that choice is not limited in any way by the ballots voters have selected in previous elections. They may, of course, only vote one ballot in this election.

We're allowed to do that in Wisconsin, too. In the 2004 primary, i voted as Republican to vote against the Senatorial candidates i felt were the biggest threat to Feingold. Fortunately, Feingold's so entrenched as an incumbent now and is so popular in the state that i think Tommy Thompson's the only Republican who could give him a run for his money.

Anyway, Hillary = CRAP. No question. PJ, don't fret if Paul doesn't get the GOP nod--i'm convinced he'll run 3rd party if he doesn't get it, so you can vote for him then. ;)
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
DrAwkward
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Ty Webb on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Her views are more centrist (read: just left of the Republicans) than I can be comfortable with. I have ZERO faith in her.
Clueless in Chicago wrote:I'm going to stop following this thread. A bunch of D&D geeks in a basement somewhere in Oklahomma with their nuts tied around their thighs...
Ty Webb
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap