CRAP
68%
NOT CRAP
32%

Total votes : 195

Band: Green Day

Postby Angry_Dragon on Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:45 pm

NOT CRAP
I think they're catchy without being overly stupid.
They just put out a rock opera?
It's supposed to be good.
I doubt I'll ever hear it though.

Supposedly the only reason they signed to Reprise was because Lookout couldn't afford to keep their records in stock and they were selling out all of the clubs they were playing. If they really did it for the money, then they at least fooled me into think they aren't greedy bastards.
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby endofanera on Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:17 pm

Not crap. A friend of mine tells a great story about playing a small show on tour with them several (like fifteen) years ago. There were just a few folks there, and his band had eqpt problems, and between that and the small crowd, they were in a bad mood and played a crap show. Then Green Day went on and just burned the place and the dozen or so gathered there down. Afterwards my friend talked with Billy Joe and he said something about how the number of people and the way your equipment works and all that doesnt matter, it's a gift to be able to do this and you should just play every show like it was the only show you'd ever get to play, which would all be platitudes if one hadnt also witnessed their performance moments before. Anyway, based on that story I think theyre NOT CRAP, since they seem to be doing what they wanna, which is all I've ever thought anyone should do. Right?

Oh, their music? Yeah, it's ok too. I like pop songs.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt
endofanera
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby horsewhip on Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:08 pm

I'm not a fan, but the way they've handled their success is NOT CRAP. Waffle factor four for all the embarrassing-looking posters/t-shirts I've seen.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby connor on Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:12 pm

What the fuck?!

I hate this band more than I hate Weezer.

CRAP!
connor
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Redline on Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:00 pm

I don't know, if they get a kid to listen to Stiff Little Fingers or the Sex Pistols, it's good, right? I think so.

Not Crap, w/ Lumberjack Breakfast Waffle
Redline
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Angry_Dragon on Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:19 am

They're the Nirvana of "new" pop-punk but Billy Joe hasn't offed himself yet.
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Postby tthomas on Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:08 pm

Redline wrote:I don't know, if they get a kid to listen to Stiff Little Fingers or the Sex Pistols, it's good, right? I think so.

It would be nice if they actually did get kids to listen to these bands, in my experience that doesn't happen. Here in Houston I've heard more than a few of their fans talk about how they just don't consider bands like the Sex Pistols and The Buzzcocks punk. To them punk rock is Green Day, Rancid, NOFX, and Operation Ivy. I think they do more harm than good.

Crap
:WF: 0
tthomas
busher
busher

Postby horsewhip on Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:58 pm

tthomas wrote:Here in Houston I've heard more than a few of their fans talk about how they just don't consider bands like the Sex Pistols and The Buzzcocks punk. To them punk rock is Green Day, Rancid, NOFX, and Operation Ivy. I think they do more harm than good.

Crap
:WF: 0

Generally, these kind of kids all outgrow punk by the time they're 25 (or younger!) anyway, so who gives a shit?
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby connor on Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:36 pm

You might be right. But that doesn't change the situation at hand: this band sucks.

Connor
connor

Postby Noah on Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:35 pm

green day is a great band. their first two albums, "1039" and "kerplunk" are great. dookie is okay, but those first two. those are great.

-noah
your an idiot
Noah
"amarillo slim" preston
"amarillo slim" preston

Postby Angry_Dragon on Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:18 am

I hate to admit, but I have alot of respect for these guys. They totally should've given in to what's going on in popular music and they released a rock opera instead. That takes BALLS!
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:53 am

I just heard this new "American Idiot" record by Green Day.

Hey! It's good!
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Postby Angry_Dragon on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:05 am

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:I just heard this new "American Idiot" record by Green Day.

Hey! It's good!

Yeah, I heard it on Saturday and was more than pleasantly surprised. I really like the 2 long songs and "Wake Me When September Ends".
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Postby mattw on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:20 am

Another old Green Day fan comes to the table.

I haven't followed them much in the past 10 yrs, but I do remember liking _Kerplunk_ a whole lot.
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby ing curtis on Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:48 pm

im glad to some some people whose opinions i respect admitting to this band being not bad. they are cool guys, put on a great live show, they just happen to do shitty singles and have a douchey fanbase. kerplunk has stayed with me since 8th grade, dookie is great too. best guilty pleasure of mine.

not crap.
ing curtis
laney
laney

Postby Andrew L. on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:02 pm

I followed a link from P#!*é+%@k to the making of their new video. Who the hell is that coked up heshan fellow they got to direct? Entertaining, if disturbing.
Andrew L.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby Andrew L. on Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:04 pm

Andrew L.

Postby mooliachi on Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:13 pm

what is wrong with you peoples? Grreen Days is crap. They are the crap of the crap, with a side of crap. If you like the green days, you should also enjoy NIN, and enjoy being a TV Baby and shove all the primped for preteen 'punk rockers' that will fit in your creamy cockholes.

PS. I'm lying, I can't resist sneering along with billie joe . especially while wearing man make-up. so adorable. and original.
mooliachi
bocce bowler
bocce bowler

Postby Angry_Dragon on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:36 am

mooliachi wrote:what is wrong with you peoples? Grreen Days is crap. They are the crap of the crap, with a side of crap. If you like the green days, you should also enjoy NIN, and enjoy being a TV Baby and shove all the primped for preteen 'punk rockers' that will fit in your creamy cockholes.

PS. I'm lying, I can't resist sneering along with billie joe . especially while wearing man make-up. so adorable. and original.

The new record is obviously good enough for Bradley R. Weissenberger to say isn't that bad. Brad obviously has good taste in music.
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Postby Bradley R. Weissenberger on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:06 am

Angry_Dragon wrote:The new record is obviously good enough for Bradley R. Weissenberger to say isn't that bad. Brad obviously has good taste in music.

There are people on this forum who know one million times more about popular music than I do. I know nothing. Nothing.

Please also keep in mind that I really like that a-ha record "Hunting High and Low".

So beware.
Bradley R. Weissenberger
King Of All The Taverns

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap