crap
90%
no
10%

Total votes : 67

Dave Matthew's band

Postby flyinghouses on Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:57 pm

I find this band to be terribly annoying
Last edited by flyinghouses on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyinghouses
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby mattw on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:02 pm

I love their new website

http://www.davemathews.com/
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby flyinghouses on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:13 pm

I believe its davematthewsband.com
flyinghouses
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby punch_the_lion on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:16 pm

You know something, that guy John Mayer or Maher or however you spell his last name sounds like Dave Matthews if he had Down's Syndrome.
punch_the_lion
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby punch_the_lion on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:17 pm

Oh yeah, Dave Matthews Band, kind of rhetorical that one. I have heard Dave Matthews Band cover bands that were more listenable, but that begs the question, DAVE MATTHEWS COVER BANDS???

CRAP
punch_the_lion

Postby stewie on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:42 pm

Possibly the worst band I've ever heard. Somehow adored by droves of New Englanders, which makes "fun nights out in Boston" even more unbearable.

I've ranted about Mr. Matthews' crapness here on many occasions. He is the crap.
stewie
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby flyinghouses on Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:08 pm

punch_the_lion wrote:You know something, that guy John Mayer or Maher or however you spell his last name sounds like Dave Matthews if he had Down's Syndrome.

Thats a great comparrison
flyinghouses
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Possum Hiss on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:23 pm

There not just insanely popular in New England. Every post-collegiate yuppie wanna-be down here listens to Dave Matthews Band (or DMB when you don't have time to engage in actual conversation).

I actually don't mind them as much as other neo-hippie, world music fusion-type bands. They do have some good songs, but I would never spend $20 on a Dave Matthews record.
Possum Hiss
secretary of state
secretary of state

Postby Possum Hiss on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:25 pm

Almost forgot. CRAP with a moderate waffle factor.
Possum Hiss
secretary of state
secretary of state

Postby Angry_Dragon on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:29 pm

Inspiration for countless horrible musical acts.
CRAP
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby GhostFace on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:59 pm

This probably belongs in the pet peave thread, but it just came too me now. I fucking hate people that seem to think its appropriate to refer to this band simply as "Dave".

Edit: Co-Ed CRAP!
exp(j*pi) + 1 = 0
GhostFace
linus torvalds
linus torvalds

Postby ironyengine on Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:05 pm

Another band comprised of talented individuals playing music I do not at all care for (another is Phish). I have to give him credit for making almost every song I've ever heard of his relate to sex somehow, though.
I never thought I'd recover from the trouble that Youtube put me through...
ironyengine
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby vockins on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:02 am

I opened for Dave Matthews band once. I played a Neanderthal cover with the drummer's set (very nice guy, insanely nice). I can say with total confidence that Neaderthal will never be performed before a DMB show again. Unless there is some awesome in the future I can't forsee.

DMB = total crap.
vockins
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby atlantic on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:24 am

*vomits*
http://www.myspace.com/americangeography

"Get high from drinking blood, not drugs and alcohol!" www.katsunderworldcoven.org
atlantic
frugal gourmet
frugal gourmet

Postby Severance Package on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 am

Speaking of Dave Matthews and crap:

The bus driver for the Dave Matthews Band pleaded guilty on Wednesday to illegally dumping 800 pounds of liquid human waste from the vehicle onto a tour boat on the Chicago River last August.

As part of his plea deal with prosecutors to resolve charges of reckless conduct and discharging contaminants to cause water pollution, 42-year-old Stefan Wohl was sentenced to 18 months of probation and 150 hours of community service, said Tom Stanton, spokesman for the Cook County state attorney's office. Wohl will also have to pay a $10,000 fine.

The big stink occurred Aug. 8 when the Texas-born driver, who was helming the bus for DMB violinist Boyd Tinsley, released the septic tank into an open metal grate on the Kedzie Bridge. The excrement rained down on Chicago's Little Lady, a passing tour boat filled with 100 people on an architectural sightseeing cruise.

The boat immediately returned to dock where it was disinfected, and the Chicago Architectural Foundation, the tour operator, offered refunds to those hit by the falling feces.

Wohl, who was alone at the time of the incident, initially denied responsibility. But he changed his story after learning nearby surveillance cameras caught the dumping on tape.

The band, which was not in the bus at the time, cooperated with authorities from the get-go, including bringing the bus back to the Windy City for examination.

The band's publicist, John Vlautin, tells the Chicago Tribune that "the Dave Matthews Band family is shocked and saddened to think that one of our buses was involved in this terrible incident." He also said the band will continue "our efforts to make things right for all concerned."
Severance Package
ward boss
ward boss

Postby unarmedman on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:44 am

this has to be one of the worst bands ever.

recently i was asked to participate in a band that had heard some of my music and so i asked "what do you sound like" and he said "well, i really like dave matthews". for all practical purposes, the conversation pretty much ended there.
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill
unarmedman
forced to change shirt
forced to change shirt

Postby cal on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:32 am

I used to work at a studio that Dave Matthews came in once to do a "live" solo acoustic broadcast. I met him and found him to be a very funny and pleasant guy. He introduced himself to everyone, including the intern that was walking around with paper towels and toilet cleaner. During soundcheck he would make jokes about hoping we would make him sound like he knows what he's doing, and so on. He just seemed like a regular guy that knew he'd had a stroke of luck with his music and was just having fun with it and had no reason to turn into an asshole because of it. So, I can't really give Dave Matthews, the person, a crap vote.

But still.... I just can't listen to that band. Or the songs, for that matter. It's like the Steely Dan of that whole Phish/Widespread Panic/String Cheese Incident neo-hippie scene that makes me want to vomit and then go on a shooting spree. Everyone in that band is like the black Dave Weckl version of a guy in a band.

It doesn't really matter, though. There are plenty of worse things to think about than the Dave Matthews Band. They are just one of those bands that are easy to not care about.
cal
peavey
peavey

Postby Mark Lansing on Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:34 am

cal wrote:I used to work at a studio that Dave Matthews came in once to do a "live" solo acoustic broadcast. I met him and found him to be a very funny and pleasant guy. He introduced himself to everyone, including the intern that was walking around with paper towels and toilet cleaner. During soundcheck he would make jokes about hoping we would make him sound like he knows what he's doing, and so on. He just seemed like a regular guy that knew he'd had a stroke of luck with his music and was just having fun with it and had no reason to turn into an asshole because of it. So, I can't really give Dave Matthews, the person, a crap vote.

I've talked to a few people who've toured with Matthews (most notably guys from Soul Coughing and Junior Brown's band) who've said similar things. according to them, Matthews is a nice guy, treats his opening acts well (makes sure they're paid/fed and get sound checks), has respect for fellow musicians and is basically good people. On the other hand, none of them wanted to weigh in on his music, and let's face it, we all know why ... the guy's songs are meandering crap. Think of him as the really famous version of that guy you know whose band is terrible, but you don't want to tell him that because he's a really nice person.
Mark Lansing
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby same on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:10 pm

regardless of his personality, this is some of the worst music i've ever heard. the combonation of the jay leno band drumming (abundant use of obscure cymbals and roto toms), the hackneyed violin, and the bad lyrics is just too much for me. CRAP.
same
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby Lazybones on Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:16 pm

Crap, I say.

jay leno band drumming (abundant use of obscure cymbals and roto toms)

...so true, so true...
Lazybones
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap