casio

Postby SchnappM on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:00 am

I firmly vote crap.

The backwoods redneck hick of religion.
SchnappM
pinocchio
pinocchio

Postby Miko on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:40 am

A religion were the identity of a woman is to be concealed in public and you are promised virgins when you sacrifice your own life to kill innocent people in the name of Allah? Ummm... fuck that.
Miko
cardinal
cardinal

Postby madlee on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:08 pm

sorry to bring this up, but jews and christians both worship the same god as muslims. all three have their extreme fundamentalists and their humanist sides. during the hey day of islam, jews and christians were both treated with respect by muslims. all three are equally good and bad.
madlee
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby rocco on Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:39 pm

Its crap in that any religion is crap. To say that its more crap than Christianity or any other religion is horseshit.
rocco
hemingway
hemingway

Postby SchnappM on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:33 am

Its crap in that any religion is crap.

You're going to have to post that and leave it up to popular opinion.
To say that its more crap than Christianity or any other religion is horseshit.

I'm not particularly a fan of any organized religion, but I am less of a fan of this one. Why is that horseshit? I'm entitled to my opinion, and it's not entirely unfounded. Everything, whether you want to admit it or not, has a worth. How people judge this worth is up to them, but it's kind of ridiculous to say that all organized religions have the same merits. What about suicide cults? Is it horseshit to say that Heaven's Gate is more crap than Taoism? I don't really think so.
SchnappM
pinocchio
pinocchio

Postby rocco on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:15 pm

You're going to have to post that and leave it up to popular opinion.

Not that it matters, but I'm not concerned with popular opinion.

Is it horseshit to say that Heaven's Gate is more crap than Taoism?

Yeah, I think they're all a waste of time. No one knows the truth so it all boils down to belief. Whose to say which belief is good or bad. I'd take voodooism over christianity any day of the week.
rocco
hemingway
hemingway

Re: Religion: Islam

Postby Ernest on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Burka Bump.
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Ernest wrote:Burka Bump.

This sounds like a tabloid headline involving gossip about a pregnancy in a famous Islamic fundamentalist family.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Model Citizen on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Crap BUT no more crap than the other Abrahamic religions. They're all equally silly, I think, or at least all so silly that putting one ahead of the other is pointless.

jimmy two hands wrote:

This sounds like a tabloid headline involving gossip about a pregnancy in a famous Islamic fundamentalist family.

Ha! It really does.
Model Citizen
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby Gardy on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Crap, what other religion is as disrespectful of dogs, who possess the true buddha nature?
Gardy
envoy
envoy

Postby OrthodoxEaster on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 pm

What, you're really anxious to hear Houston_M's take on Islam or something?

For me, it is the crap. Why? Simple. I would not have been able to render the pancetta I used to make a sauce w/fresh favas, diced tomato, and garlic scapes last night.

If I cannot eat the pork, then there is simply no God. (Here's looking at Jew, too, my kosher friend.)

Waffles w/honey: Sufism, however, remains kinda cool.
OrthodoxEaster
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:48 pm

OrthodoxEaster wrote:If I cannot eat the pork, then there is simply no God.

Let us not forget, Islam forbids the booze sauce. As do Mormonism and Southern Methodism and a couple two-tree others. No beer =
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby bumble on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 pm

I will pray to Allah, Buddha, Yahweh, and Jesus that this thread is locked.

We will see which one answers my most earnest prayer and KERBLAMMO! There's your deity.
bumble

Re:

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:31 pm

madlee wrote:all three are equally good and bad.

Tell me this, and this goes for anyone espousing this view and also for anyone who would vote 'Not Crap' as well, tell me this, would you rather see your sister or mother or any female member of your family marry a strict, practicing Muslim or one of the other two religions mentioned?

Your little sister, if you have one, niece maybe, something like that. Your Mom if she's unmarried currently.

Imagine:
'I've been seeing a man, he's a strict Muslim, I've decided to covert to Islam'

You know damn well that shit is not even remotely close to sitting right and for every right reason in the world.
It's a far worse religion than any other major one still kicking around. Christianity, at least lives in the 1800's in regards to basic human rights and civilization.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby Ernest on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

How can three disparate faiths, with different cultural emphasis, and differing modes of operation be equally anything? I guess it makes sense if you don't know shit about them. I would say out of the three, Judaism is the worst, for it's exclusionary emphasis, and perceived superiority and restrictiveness in matters of faith.

If it's a question of which wack ass socially regressive versions of the three is the worst, I have to hand it to hardline Islam, but then that's never really the issue. The wackos of the three are still generally marginalized, save for the oppressive legislation of Saudi Arabia.
Marsupialized wrote:A bus will crash and there'd be three people stepping over injured children to get out saying 'fuck them' it's just how it is with people.
Ernest
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby BClark on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm

i don't worship anything and view religion as potentially very problematic, and islam is no exception. but sufi poetry is not crap. so i won't vote. similarly, judaism and christianity are problematic belief systems, but gave the world some of the very best stories.

we should keep in mind that islamic civilization is directly responsible for no shortage of scientific advancements during the golden age of islam, as well as protecting many of the treasured texts of non-christian (mostly greek) western civilization from obliteration at the hands of christian barbarism during the middle ages.

and it should go without saying that not all muslims follow fundamentalist social codes. i have muslim friends, including women, who are among the most free-thinking, modern-living, and down-to-earth people i know.
BClark
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 pm

If they were 'free thinking' they would not be fucking religious
Marsupialized

Postby BClark on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Marsupialized wrote:If they were 'free thinking' they would not be fucking religious

false dichotomy. i can debate anything with my muslim friends and not once will they insist on something on the basis of "because god says so."
BClark

Postby Marsupialized on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 pm

But there's God in there somewhere, or else why the fuck would they claim a religion? Anyone who believes in God is not a 'free thinking, modern living and down to Earth' anything. They are mentally ill, trapped in a cartoonist world of absurdity and ignorance, willfully viewing every single thing in the whole of nature and existence through a walled-off kaleidoscopic prism of utter horseshit.
Marsupialized

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap