Cats OR Dogs?

Cats
52%
Dogs
48%

Total votes : 178

Re: Either/Or: Cats vs Dogs

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:00 pm

zom-zom wrote:Man cat-people get so mad.

I'd be mad too if I had a man-cat. That would be a really annoying creature to care for.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby zom-zom on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Imagine the hairballs.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby matte on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:20 pm

phpBB [media]
matte
names vacuums with eyes closed
names vacuums with eyes closed

Postby El Protoolio on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:47 pm

I get mad because I work with a cat shelter and I see the cruel shit people do. It's done to dogs I know but most dog people don't seem to give a fuck what happens to cats. I care about it all and the casual hatred of cats triggers a very passionate response from me. Their supposed emotional detachment is used as an excuse for all kinds of cruelty. Sorry if I offended. I thought I made it clear I wasn't attacking anyone personally. I never believed for a second that zom hates cats, his comments were just a launching platform because of the sentiment it conjured up, a sentiment I had something to say about but not a sentiment I believed he really shared. I know the score around here I just get soapboxy. I'm always striving not to be, it's just a natural impulse that I also find obnoxious in myself.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby samizdat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 am

Cats might hitch a ride to the cat park, but they'd never lower themselves to ride public transport. A dog is an animal of the people.

Dog sometimes hops on bus alone, gets off at Seattle dog park

A black Labrador named Eclipse just wants to get to the dog park. So if her owner takes too long finishing his cigarette, and their bus arrives, she climbs aboard solo and rides to her Seattle stop.

KOMO-TV reports that local radio host Miles Montgomery was amazed to see the pooch get off the bus, without an owner, at a dog park last week.

The dog and her owner, Jeff Young, live near a bus stop.

Young says his dog sometimes gets on the bus without him and he catches up with her at the dog park three or four stops away.

Bus riders report she watches out the window for her stop.

A Metro Transit spokesman says the agency loves that a dog appreciates public transit.

I do not want to choose between
the right and wrong sides of the world,
and I do not like a choice to be made.—Albert Camus
samizdat
district attourney
district attourney

Postby madlee on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:16 pm

phpBB [media]
madlee
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby El Protoolio on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 am

phpBB [media]
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby bogusaurus on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 am

phpBB [media]
bogusaurus
wayne thiebaud
wayne thiebaud

Postby rayword45 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:16 am

Like many people here, I like both animals, but I'd choose dogs mostly because the family has been accustomed to owning dogs for like 4 generations now (amusingly enough, my great-grandparents owned dogs while other people in Vietnam ate dogs).

I don't think either animal is problematic, but I have met some of the shittiest pet owners of both kinds. Shitty cat owners are better than shitty dog owners, because whereas the shitty cat owners I've met were mostly elitist pricks that had no friends, shitty dog owners tend to be morons who over exaggerate the definition of "unconditional love" and think their precious fucking dog can do no wrong. If your dog shits on someone else's lawn, clean that shit you fucking asshole. If your dog is digging up someone else's garden, you better fucking pay for that asshole. If your dog is biting babies, we have a serious fucking problem and your dog either needs to go to boot camp or get a new owner because you are clearly an asshole of the finest degree if you defend that action.

On the other hand, if you wanna be haughty over your fur ball spitting creature, have fun with your life.
rayword45
satan
satan

Postby Gramsci on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:39 am

Neither.

Allergic to cats.
Dogs are kind of creepy
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby Adam Sr on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:10 am

It's pretty hard to look at a dog and not feel happy, but a cat looking at another human doing something is outright hilarious.
Last edited by Adam Sr on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Sr
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby deltablues on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Cats don't bark. I'll never understand why people think it's acceptable to let their dogs sit there barking all day, or why they think owning an 80 lb animal in the city limits is a good idea.
deltablues
busher
busher

Postby harpseal2 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:57 pm

I do not understand why dog people have such a problem with cats and cat people.

You know, cat people see a dog, and they're just like, "oh, nice dog", give it a little pat and stuff. Very few just totally avoid dogs. Hell, I'm a cat person, and I love my neighbour's dog! She's a sweet Rottweiler who wants pats more than anything else, and she is really cute.

A dog person, however, you would probably need a fucking leash to stop them from murdering the cat with the amount of fucking vitriol they spew towards cats and cat people. For fuck's sake, can't you be civil about it? They aren't hurting you, or anyone, unless of course you're going around kicking cats like some of you freaks talk about. I'm allergic to cats, and I still love them.

As FM El Protoolio said,

El Protoolio wrote:It's done to dogs I know but most dog people don't seem to give a fuck what happens to cats.

My mum is a dog person, and she finds the book "101 uses for a dead cat" hilarious. I don't think "101 uses for a dead dog" would be funny.

Cats are just as nice and charming as dogs. And both of them have their drawbacks, stop being such cunts about it. Like cats are the scum of the Earth because they shit in a box and don't come up to you every five minutes wanting a pat.

Dogs = Not Crap
Dog people = CRAPOLA
I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Brock.

sulfur)addict wrote:My love for the Stooges is a complex and nuanced thing, like the female orgasm, or running Diablo 2 on Windows 7.
harpseal2
e^iπ = -1
e^iπ = -1

Postby Defender on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Adam Sr wrote:It's pretty hard to look at a dog and not feel happy, but a cat looking at another human doing something is outright hilarious.

yes, cats are hilarious. can even be interesting watching them.. a cool cat is endlessly amusing
dogs, it's 'daawww what a cute dog'... newfoundlands are the most adorable things ever

"a little red wine, vintage record, some Ambien ... and magic!"
- elon musk
Defender
second class
second class

Postby zom-zom on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 am

Someone's stupid cat attacked my dog this morning on our walk. Hissed and then jumped and clawed at his snout, biting and clawing. I tried to run with the dog but the stupid cat kept at it, so I kicked it. I wound up kicking it in the head.

I don't get how or why people let their cats out to do this shit. It had a collar, probably a neighbor's cat. It's absurd to live in the city and just let your cat out to do whatever. If my dog wasn't cool and mellow, it could have easily chomped that little fucker dead in one bite.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby eliya on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 pm

zom-zom wrote:Someone's stupid cat attacked my dog this morning on our walk. Hissed and then jumped and clawed at his snout, biting and clawing. I tried to run with the dog but the stupid cat kept at it, so I kicked it. I wound up kicking it in the head.

I don't get how or why people let their cats out to do this shit. It had a collar, probably a neighbor's cat. It's absurd to live in the city and just let your cat out to do whatever. If my dog wasn't cool and mellow, it could have easily chomped that little fucker dead in one bite.

Sounds like you did the dog's job by kicking the little guy in the head.
eliya
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby zom-zom on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:43 pm

I love animals and I hated having to do that, but I'll protect my dog.
My dog is a gentle guy and was yelping, not biting the cat.

A number of years ago a rotweiller attacked my previous dog, and man did I have to kick that thing hard, and many times before it took off.
zom-zom
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby eliya on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:07 pm

zom-zom wrote:I love animals and I hated having to do that, but I'll protect my dog.

I get that, but a human kick to a cat's head could easily kill it, or seriously injure it. There are other ways you could have separated them.
eliya

Postby harpseal2 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:22 pm

eliya wrote:
zom-zom wrote:I love animals and I hated having to do that, but I'll protect my dog.

I get that, but a human kick to a cat's head could easily kill it, or seriously injure it. There are other ways you could have separated them.

Yeah, unless it was more of a light push than a kick, or the cat was a fucking tiger or something. I mean, I love dogs, especially Rottweilers actually, but I'd understand if you had to kick one off another dog. Our next door neighbour's Rottie could dislocate my arm just going to sniff something when I walk her.

But cats are way, WAY weaker and smaller than a Rottie. It'd have to be under extreme circumstances to kick a cat, and even then, as FM Eliya said, it could kill them easily.
I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Brock.

sulfur)addict wrote:My love for the Stooges is a complex and nuanced thing, like the female orgasm, or running Diablo 2 on Windows 7.
harpseal2
e^iπ = -1
e^iπ = -1

Postby circle_ruler on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:41 am

i'm with M. Zom-Zom on this one. no-one loves cats more than i do (without being criminally insane) but there's a shithead feline in my village who's attacked my Mabli (gentle, fat, orange) a couple of times now. if i catch this bastard i will happily boot him and if i can i will throw him in the stream. no-one fucks with my little squidgy angel.
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap