Band: Motley Crue

CRAP
70%
NOT CRAP
30%

Total votes : 93

Band: Mötley Crüe

Postby Angry_Dragon on Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:26 pm

I'm talking old school Crue with Vince not when they got that John ? dude.
NOT CRAP
Better yet, eat the placenta!!!
Angry_Dragon
18th Amendment

Location: Baltimore, Where Murderous Football Players Own Resturaunts

Postby skpprn on Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:46 pm

As an old crue fan, I must admit that if you line all there albums up there are definitely more Crap than Non Crap, that aside though, i still like them for everything else and I still think Nikki Sixx is cool as hell. But music wise, highpoints are there with extreme lowpoints, and I mean really low ones.

But I must say NOT CRAP.
skpprn
president
president

Postby RBoyer on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:13 pm

Crap. I don't care what singer was on the mic, Motley Crue is/was/always will be fucking terrible. They do get props for the cowbell, though.
RBoyer
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby endofanera on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:34 pm

CRAP. The bookwas good though. I just hope they dont try to make it into a movie.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt
endofanera
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby skpprn on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:48 pm

:cry: TOO LATE. Hollywood is allready working on the pre-roduction, Johnny Knoxville has signed on as Nikki Sixx. Is supposed to come out next year.
skpprn
president
president

Postby horsewhip on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:49 pm

Crap. I mean, being into Motorhead and Slayer is one thing, but Motley Crue? Give me a fucking break! Who's the next poll on? Trixter? Winger? Enuff Z'Nuff?

Okay. So Motley Crue is the mid-80's bantam-metal equivalent to Bright Eyes. Mindless, lowest common denominator headbangin' fodder designed to make teenage girls moist. This band is crap. I can't even give them an ironic thumbs up.

I have friends who try to tell me that "Too Fast For Love" is a "really cool, raw, rock'n'roll record." Bullshit. it sucks. That record is some of the wimpiest, limp-dick, underproduced, weak-guitar-tone-havin' CRAP I've ever heard. Seriously. It makes Warrant look like Cannibal Corpse.

"Shout At The Devil" is halfway decent...the same way that KISS's best records are halfway-decent...at best.

Nikki Sixx doesn't even like "Theater of Pain" or "Girls Girls Girls." That's because those records are CRAP!

"Dr. Feelgood" is a third-decent, the same way that "Shout At The Devil" is half-decent...i.e. it's STILL CRAP.

Their last few records have all been crap.

Motley Crue is fucking CRAP. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Seriously. Pile on some irony, and they're STILL CRAP.

Go listen to some real rock. Motley Crue is merely a stones throw away from Def Leppard, dawg.
horsewhip
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Andrew L. on Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Here, here. Horsewhip, you are beyond Motley Crue!
Andrew L.
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love
Eternal Bosom of Hot Love

Postby secret name on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:54 pm

They Are my frequent Karaoke jams. "Dr. Feelgood" of course.

-c
secret name
scout
scout

Postby tmidgett on Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:41 pm

they were fucking horrible

100% bad

like y'all say, _the dirt_ is a fine rock book, however

CRAP
tmidgett
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Angus Jung on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:03 pm

Their version of "Smokin' In The Boys Room," in which they attempted to cop a Van Halen/DLR goodtimes vibe and failed oh so miserably, it makes me to laugh. Listen to them play! They cannot! They cannot play!

CRAP!
Angus Jung

Postby toomanyhelicopters on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:22 pm

the riff in Girls, Girls, Girls, is just about as bad-ass as they come, i must say. very balls. that being said, i always pretty much hated this band as a kid. thought they were pussies. not nearly heavy enough.

my opinion of vince neil changed somewhat when i saw the entire season of surreal life all in one evening, and got to see how he functioned on that show. i was most impressed. although if the night in vegas was any indication of what his normal day-to-day is like, he'd be better off living with webster and corey feldman!

motley crue = CRAP
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.
toomanyhelicopters
priss

Postby tmidgett on Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Listen to them play! They cannot! They cannot play!

this is true

they literally can't hack it

tommy lee is an awful drummer. just terrible. completely devoid of groove.

robert christgau, in a moment of supreme clarity, once called mick mars 'dork-fingered,' which about sums him up

the singing was jaw-droppingly bad, about 1/10th as good as david lee roth at his worst

i don't know, maybe the bass playing was ok, as junkie bass playing goes

anyway, they made wretched music and played with remarkably profound, institutional clumsiness. maybe the dumbest band of the 80s. i think they were bad, and i did not like any of their music, and i think they deserve your 'crap' vote.
tmidgett

probably not crap

Postby danmohr on Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 am

I voted NOT CRAP because I legitimately enjoy listening to their terrible records. At their best, they remind me of the exhilarating feeling of first hearing "the rawk" which only through the prism of age can I more precisely recognize as "the sludge". I think really only their absolute void of talent and slightly greater affinity for cocaine separates them from the True Sludge Masters (your Bostons, REO Speedwagons, Journeys, etc.). Being unable to actually craft songs, they played louder, faster and with more leather cod pieces but at the same time clearly burned with the same desire for planet-encompassing fame, fortune and fucking as the High Sludge Pillars. At their worst, the Crue simply remind me how spot-on Spinal Tap was.

So, NOT CRAP, for entertainment value and for having about three good tunes.

Dan
danmohr
rolls royce
rolls royce

Postby kerble on Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:11 am

I heard "Kickstart My Heart" on the radio today and immediately thought of this fucking internet board.

I am lame.

I give me a Crap vote.

Faiz
kerble is right.
SA | SF | FZ | SI | RD | DA | K | CP | T
kerble
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby pdc_heavy on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:41 pm

"Shout at the Devil" was their one "decent" offering for this breed of makeup and tied-hanky rawk. Not as deliciously sloppy as the Dolls or early Aerosmith, or even "Appetite for Destruction." When I was 14, NOT CRAP. Other than that, CRAP.

Recently heard a bootleg (Gothenburg, '86) out of curiosity and the guitar-playing could hardly be called same...a basic riff for a few measures and then an annoying whammy-skronk. Vince Neil cannot sing, though he sure tries in a froggish, freakish way. I would laugh at them if I walked into a bar and they were playing. And then I would hit on a fat chick.
pdc_heavy
homestar
homestar

Postby vockins on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 pm

I was looking at the "Worst Records You Own" thread, and the first sure-fire-absolutely-certain record I could think of was "Shout At The Devil". I had this record on cassette when I was 10. I liked it because there was a pentagram on it and that goofy intro was pretty scary and dangerous when I was 10.

I bought "Shout At The Devil" again when I was 19 or so. I bought it for "Looks That Kill". That is a sick tune. I like that riff. Tommy Lee actually has some shit going on.

The rest of that record (except maybe the title track on a good day) is a 10,000 acre turd festival. Nikki Sixx is hands down - hands fucking down - the worst bass player in the history of amplified musical instruments. I have heard children selecting their first bass at the local music store with better skills. The bass line during the intro of "Shout At The Devil" could not be any dumber. I am confident he never played on any subsequent Motely Crue recording. Maybe Tommy Lee didn't either, but I am not masochistic enough to perform the research necessary to come to a conclusion about that. The "Helter Skelter" cover is part of a select group of songs that make me want to fight whatever sound reproduction medium is playing it. I am getting angry just thinking about how shitty that cover is.

CRAP. The book was pretty good, though. Especially the telephone part.
vockins
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby MantaRay on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:30 pm

Nikki Sixx is hands down - hands fucking down - the worst bass player in the history of amplified musical instruments.

bravo...

:lol:
MantaRay
cecil bill
cecil bill

Postby Christopher_Dragon on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:38 pm

Okay, who's the wise ass that kept creating new usernames so they can vote CRAP 13 times?
Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:Shin guards for all!
Christopher_Dragon
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby Peripatetic on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:42 pm

Motley Crue fucking rules.

Nöt Cräp!

Long live the Crue.

[pumps fist]
rysie wrote:The original dumb shit was so very nearly compressed
Peripatetic
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby agent202 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:42 pm

the palme of the most horrible band in the world!!

thanks for that!!

craaaaaaappppppp!!!!!!
every morning, all day i put myself away...
agent202
doyle brunson
doyle brunson

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap