Crap
50%
Super-Scared Crap
32%
Not Crap (I hope no one votes on this.)
18%

Total votes : 34

Postby Rick Reuben on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:56 am

reuters 1-14-08 wrote:- A Indonesian woman from an area just west of the capital Jakarta has died of bird flu, taking the country's confirmed human death toll from the virus to 95, a health ministry official said on Monday.

recombinomics 1-13-08 wrote:Preliminary results of tests taken after thousands of backyard poultry died in West Bengal over the past 10 days showed they were infected with bird flu, but it was unclear if it was the H5N1 virus, officials said.

More than 10,000 birds died in Margram village of Birbhum district in West Bengal.
Rick Reuben

Postby bumble on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 pm

You shouldn't really be looking just for deaths.

You should be looking for any evidence of person-to-person transmission. That's the mutation that'll fuck us all.
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Rick Reuben on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Bloomberg News 1-10-08:
Human-to-human spread probably occurred in China's two most recent bird flu cases, a health ministry official said.

Preliminary findings of an investigation into the cases involving a father and son in Nanjing city in the eastern province of Jiangsu last month indicated that ``close contact'' was the most likely cause of their infection with the H5N1 avian flu virus, ministry spokesman Mao Qun'an said in a Webcast briefing from Beijing today.

Human transmission wasn't sustained and the outbreak was ``brought under control effectively and rapidly,'' Mao said. No diseased birds were found near where the men lived, making it difficult to determine an animal source. He said the probability of person-to-person spread was greater for the father, who developed fever on Dec. 3, a day after his 24-year-old son died.
Rick Reuben

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 pm

We had a couple of cases of AV recenty in Poland, too. I'm still not one bit scared and I still love eating chicken.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Argyreia Nervosa on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:18 pm

The Avian flu is bullshit. Its a good excuse to pass a bunch of civil rights trampling martial law type laws and keep the public in a state of fear. The only way there will be an avian flu epidemic in humans, will be if its engineered in a biolab.

:smt117
Argyreia Nervosa
sweeny todd
sweeny todd

Postby AlBStern on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Argyreia Nervosa wrote:The Avian flu is bullshit. Its a good excuse to pass a bunch of civil rights trampling martial law type laws and keep the public in a state of fear. The only way there will be an avian flu epidemic in humans, will be if its engineered in a biolab.

Shirley you can't be serious.
AlBStern
saw big cat
saw big cat

Postby japmn on Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:28 pm

AlBStern wrote:
Argyreia Nervosa wrote:The Avian flu is bullshit. Its a good excuse to pass a bunch of civil rights trampling martial law type laws and keep the public in a state of fear. The only way there will be an avian flu epidemic in humans, will be if its engineered in a biolab.

Shirley you can't be serious.

I wouldn't say I completely agree with Nervosa but I do not think this is going to be a huge deal. I am more worried about Drug Resistant TB. and Shin Splints, which is to say, I am not worried about that shit at all.
japmn

Postby Argyreia Nervosa on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 pm

the truth can never hurt the true...
Argyreia Nervosa
sweeny todd
sweeny todd

Postby bumble on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:52 am

bumble

Postby Rick Reuben on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:46 pm

I'll be all right. Just got my new Shibang-China Bird Crusher from UPS. I'm crushing every bird that comes near me.
Rick Reuben

Re: Urggh

Postby seanurban on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:53 pm

alex maiolo wrote:
joshsolberg wrote:As a person who gets pretty badly fucked up by any flu virus that comes anywhere near me, I'm scared pretty shitless by this. I read that article at work. A coworker noted while I was reading it that I looked "bothered". Fuck yeah, I'm bothered.

My wife's a public health genius, and she's got one word of advice:
Stay home.

Yes, I know it's obvious, but nobody seems to be talking about this.
When/if people start getting sick, call the office and say you're not coming in. Lock the door and don't answer it. Turn on the TV, reacquaint yourself with your DVD collection, practice your scales, and make meals out of whatever is in the house (for dinner: Stove Top Stuffing and peanuts...).

Germs aren't going to sneak in under the door. You don't need a fallout shelter or anything.

That won't save everyone, but the fewer people you pass, doorknobs you touch, money you exchange, etc, the better off you'll be.

-A
I actually did take a sick day on Tuesday. I don't have the flu though.
seanurban
King High

Re: Potential Apocalypse: Avian Flu

Postby bishopdante on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:12 am

Don't worry about this wuhan coronavirus.

They set up a level 4 biosafety lab in wuhan that studies coronavirus, swine flu etc. After the bird flu scare.

The coronavirus popped up at a nice damp fish market just 20 miles away from the wuhan institute of virology.

Conveniently located to help.

(Or the thing escaped from their lab.)

https://www.ccn.com/israeli-analyst-one ... you-think/
Code: Select all
01100011 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01110101 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011
bishopdante
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap