Voivod

Crap
15%
Not Crap
85%

Total votes : 89

Re: Voivod

Postby enframed on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:24 am

Randomly revisited these guys while running the other day, needed something to help me move faster. Still not crap. Listened to the first three now over the last week and you can tell these guys loved punk and even pop music. Still not crap.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Bernardo on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:13 am

https://thequietus.com/articles/28639-v ... rview-away

Away wrote:We had a serious tour bus crash in Germany in 1998. Eric, the singer and bassist at that time, was thrown out of the van, because we rolled five times and it was a real catastrophe. We were forced to stop of course and recover. It took more than a year before we were able to get back into action. During that time we wrote an album based on Eric's recovery, and we asked Steve Albini to produce it and this was at the end of 1999 going into 2000. We spoke to him on the phone and I was impressed to learn that he loved Voivod. He told me that he had Nothingface on vinyl at his house, and also on cassette in his car. It was great chatting with him, but we ended up disillusioned and eventually split the band, so it never happened. This is our lost album, and it was always my biggest regret that we never got to record with Steve Albini, and have that heavy sound that you associate with all those bands he produced - all those strange bands that were hard to define…
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby prowler on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm

welp. it's never too late, huh
prowler
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap