crap/not Crap

crappie
65%
not crappie
35%

Total votes : 23

Re: Author: Malcolm Gladwell

Postby Boombats on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm

atomjackfuser wrote:Therefore, for those who would argue that he is a pop psychologists, please back your feelings up with well articulated arguments, not twitter length blurbs. And for the record, I have a Journalism degree.

Do we have to submit these in APA format?

Running header: GLADWELL SUX THE DONKEY
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Andrew. on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Boombats wrote:
atomjackfuser wrote:Therefore, for those who would argue that he is a pop psychologists, please back your feelings up with well articulated arguments, not twitter length blurbs. And for the record, I have a Journalism degree.

Ooo, someone went to J-School.

The Citations Needed media criticism podcast discussed his role in legitimizing the bullshit (and racist) "Broken Windows" crime trope:
https://medium.com/@CitationsPodcst/epi ... 8f4766b451
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby atomjackfuser on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Boombats wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound pithy. It was meant for those who DO have those types of degrees.
atomjackfuser
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby atomjackfuser on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you. I will listen.
Andrew. wrote:
Boombats wrote:

Ooo, someone went to J-School.

The Citations Needed media criticism podcast discussed his role in legitimizing the bullshit (and racist) "Broken Windows" crime trope:
https://medium.com/@CitationsPodcst/epi ... 8f4766b451
atomjackfuser
suspicious flashlight
suspicious flashlight

Postby Boombats on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:59 pm

atomjackfuser wrote:
Boombats wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound pithy. It was meant for those who DO have those types of degrees.

Don't apologize - Blatht it with pith!

And I DO have one of those types of degrees. Gladwell has 2 honorary degrees that his fame bought him, but according to Wikipedia his grades were too low to make it to grad school. Therefore in 2 years I should be officially more qualified then him, at least in psychology. For now, my BA only qualifies me to say he sux the donkey
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Wood Goblin on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:24 am

Sometimes I feel smug about recognizing the awfulness of some pundit or another before other people recognize it. I wonder how other people couldn’t see the pundit for who he is. Glen Greenwald, for instance. I had that guy’s number years ago.

Anyway, I feel smug until some joker bumps the Malcolm Gladwell thread, and there I am on the first page . . .
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Angus Jung on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Wood Goblin wrote:Sometimes I feel smug about recognizing the awfulness of some pundit or another before other people recognize it.

A few folks really show their asses in this old Thomas Friedman thread. Funny stuff.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap