8%
Not Sad
62%
Get out of the house more
30%

Total votes : 99

Re: Sad/Not Sad: Feeding A Cat

Postby Red Square on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:Also is kinda sad but also gross and funny at the same time when this happens.

lordy how i LOL'ed...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby jimmy two hands on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

space junk wrote:Do you ever feel a sadness when you give a cat food? Especially when it's a little treat, like a bit of leftover haddock or something? I know it's nice to be able to give an animal food, but sometimes it makes me feel sad when I see its little jaws crunching away.

Ok, I had a sad feeding a cat experience. Had some leftover bits of chicken on my plate that I gave to my cat. He was trying so hard to eat it up, but it was cooked and a little tough and too big and chewy for his little jaws to crunch away. He was trying so hard, too, for like five minutes. I had to take it away from him and cut it into even smaller pieces and he finally was able to eat some of it. Then the fat cat came over and shoved him out of the way, and then ate all of the chicken in a few seconds. O, pathos!
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 pm

We're taking care of a cat at our apartment for another week or so.

It never even meows, just makes these tiny "squeep" noises, whether it's really, really hungry or really, really happy.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Marsupialized on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 pm

noise&light wrote:Not feeding a cat is much more sad than feeding a cat.

hungry cat

Liz, you have to come over sometime and watch our cats, their whole production they put on when they want food at night.
Crouton, the fat one will begin. She goes to the cabinet under the sink where we keep the food and plays bongos on the door bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum for about 10 minutes straight while meowing loudly. If that does not work, Cracker, the crazy one, starts in. He loudly howls and bangs the cat dish around with his paw. He then goes to the living room and begins tearing pieces of whatever poster we have up off and spitting them onto the ground. He'll jump around onto everything, cabinets, bookcase, etc.. and knock whatever he can off onto the ground while howling. At the same time, Crouton moves to the computer room and does the bongos on the mirror in there. bumbumbumbumbumbumbum
If this still does not work, they put on this show where they pretend Cracker is attacking Crouton. They are not really hurting one another, but he'll pounce on her and wrestle her down and she'll screech loudly and howl and cry. They do it every night, they both know we can't stand to see Crouton in distress because she's so sweet, aside from her eating problem, so that's usually as far as we can take it before giving in. The second I stand up and make a move towards the food, they walk calmly over to the dish and sit and wait. Fucking cats.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby bumble on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 am

hungry cat

You mean much more HILARIOUS.

CLANG CLANG CLANG (((((((STARE)))))))) CLANG CLANG CLANG ((((((((((((STARE))))))))))))

Owner dude, that cat is barely tolerating the fact that the food is coming from you. Don't push it.
bumble
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby The MayorofRockNRoll on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Marsupialized wrote:

hungry cat

Liz, you have to come over sometime and watch our cats, their whole production they put on when they want food at night.
Crouton, the fat one will begin. She goes to the cabinet under the sink where we keep the food and plays bongos on the door bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum for about 10 minutes straight while meowing loudly. If that does not work, Cracker, the crazy one, starts in. He loudly howls and bangs the cat dish around with his paw. He then goes to the living room and begins tearing pieces of whatever poster we have up off and spitting them onto the ground. He'll jump around onto everything, cabinets, bookcase, etc.. and knock whatever he can off onto the ground while howling. At the same time, Crouton moves to the computer room and does the bongos on the mirror in there. bumbumbumbumbumbumbum
If this still does not work, they put on this show where they pretend Cracker is attacking Crouton. They are not really hurting one another, but he'll pounce on her and wrestle her down and she'll screech loudly and howl and cry. They do it every night, they both know we can't stand to see Crouton in distress because she's so sweet, aside from her eating problem, so that's usually as far as we can take it before giving in. The second I stand up and make a move towards the food, they walk calmly over to the dish and sit and wait. Fucking cats.

At my parents' house, there are two dogs and one cat. When it's feeding time, the three of them stand by their bowls and go into a chorus. It's quite the hymnal.
I am a weird recluse only here for sex.

PRF Short Fiction Challenge

The staff weren't giving me the things I needed to do my job effectively and give the kids their money's worth...it wasn't too hard considering the concert was only $5
The MayorofRockNRoll
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Sock OR Muffin? on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 pm

I just gave my cat some Sockeye salmon.

"What's this? CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP"

NOT SAD
Anthony Flack wrote:In fact it was Jimmy Saville who first introduced Cream to The Small Faces.
Sock OR Muffin?
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby a. james on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 pm

sad.

not that an animal seemingly chooses to live with you. not that you feed him food products of some subjugation. not because it's your best friend. not because you'll see it die. not because you may make that choice for it.

sad because you fixed it.
Marsupialized wrote:I am NOT sorry I yelled. I should have yelled louder.
a. james

Postby AnthonyCinder on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Like watching pretty much everything else my cat does, watching him eat makes me laugh. They take themselves so seriously, and they look so ridiculously silly.

Only once did I ever get sad when giving my cat food/water. When Jacques was still an outdoor cat, the missus and I had gone out of town for a three day weekend some time during a particularly hot/dry Los Angeles August. Our two other roommates at the time weren't particularly cat friendly (one of the main reasons he couldn't be inside too often), so we had a trusted friend come by to feed him for the two or three days of our absence.

When we returned, we couldn't find the little guy anywhere. While he was still an outdoor dweller, he would occasionally disappear for a day or two on some unknown adventure. We asked our friend, who told us that Jacques had been around every day to eat his food, and nothing seemed suspicious or different.

After three days of not seeing him, I was out in the back yard doing some work when I heard him crying. I kept calling back to him, but the meowing sounded distant and muffled, and I couldn't find him anywhere, though he kept responding to me. Eventually, I located him; he was under the house. In LA, most of the houses don't have basements, but have a 1.5 foot area between the dirt ground and the bottom floor. This area is mostly occupied by water pipes, gas pipes, and sometimes various electrical devices. There is almost always a service entry somewhere in case a plumber/electrician needs to crawl in there to work on something. Except this time, I found that the usual service entry had been bricked up so Jacques was stuck under the house.

Someone (we still suspect one of the roommates, who hated the cat and whom we kicked out over a year ago) had placed bricks over the entry to the area under the house, presumably to bury my cat alive.

When I freed him, he instantly came running out and proceeded to drink water for about ten minutes straight with no pauses, then eat a double dose of food for about 15 minutes straight. So yeah, on that day, I was sad to watch him drink/eat, but for purely situational reasons.

Fear not, the cat and I had our revenge on the roommate.

:)
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

https://cindercone.bandcamp.com/
AnthonyCinder
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby STF on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:10 pm

AnthonyCinder wrote:Fear not, the cat and I had our revenge on the roommate. :)

I would love to hear how you got revenge on this sick fuck. When someone abuses an animal I believe the same thing should be done to him, so long as it doesn't result in injury or death. That nutty woman in England who put the cat in the trash: make her sit in a small dark space for 12 hours. This roommate guy: three days alone in the dark. Injure or kill a companion animal: a year in jail.
STF
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby dontfeartheringo on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 am

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/20 ... and-young/

For all you cat lovers. There are times when time is taking away your dearest friend, feeding a cat is decidedly Sad.
Anthony Flack wrote:The sax would be a cool instrument if people would only stop making it go burrrrrBLEEEEEE.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 am

When I don't feed my cats early enough on a Saturday, they break into the bathroom and do this:
Motherfuckers.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby circle_ruler on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:07 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:When I don't feed my cats early enough on a Saturday, they break into the bathroom and do this:
Motherfuckers.

the surly servant would be wise to hold his tongue.
Dudley wrote:Are we "meant" to wear trousers? Are we "meant" to sit in metal tubes that travel 30,000 feet above the earth?
circle_ruler
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 pm

circle_ruler wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:When I don't feed my cats early enough on a Saturday, they break into the bathroom and do this:
Motherfuckers.

the surly servant would be wise to hold his tongue.

they have not yet figured out the internet, so I will speak freely for the moment.

jimmy two hands

Postby Colonel Panic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 pm

All that glitters is not aluminum.
Colonel Panic

Postby madmanmunt on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 pm

How about: Sad/Not Sad: Cat Looking Out The Window?

I find this sad sometimes, especially when there is nothing happening outside.
Book of Leo, Chapter 19 Verse 46 wrote:The man thought that he knew the glory and the wrath wrought of the Stratocaster, but lo! He was corrected.

Let them measure my anus and see if it is dilated.
madmanmunt
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby AnthonyCinder on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm

I find the looking out the window thing sad, because my cat does it a lot. He used to be an outdoor cat, and had a girlfriend while he was on the outside. When he goes to the window, I'm pretty sure he's looking for his lady friend, but she's feral, hates people, and won't come near the house any more.

So yeah, it's kind of sad.
How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette? - George Carlin

AnthonyCinder

Postby Bro Shark on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

A cat entertaining itself by looking out the window is not sad. A cat with no windows to look out would be very sad.
Bro Shark
bear
bear

Postby Marsupialized on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Not sad.

One of the best parts of having a cat is the chirping noises they make when they see a bird or what have you outside the window they desperately want to kill.
Marsupialized

Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby AnthonyCinder on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Marsupialized wrote:
One of the best parts of having a cat is the chirping noises they make when they see a bird or what have you outside the window they desperately want to kill.

+1 It's super cute when they do this.

AnthonyCinder

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap