UFC

Crap
61%
Not Crap
39%

Total votes : 83

Re: UFC

Postby wellsyuk on Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 am

Angus Jung wrote:UFC fighter Kevin Lee posts pro-Bernie Sanders message on Instagram after victory.

Apparently Lee was an underdog in this fight, and the dude he put to sleep is a MAGA/Trump guy.

That's super, and that knockout was ridiculous. On the Trump booing I notice Joe Rogan was saying it was clearly very loud and obvious, whereas Chael Sonnen who just so happened to have Trump's son on his podcast afterwards called that fake news - and old fat face agreed it seems, happy to promote his BS book called 'Triggered' - which is apparently about trolling lefties, but to me that title reads like he wants to start shooting people.
wellsyuk
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby Ike on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:13 pm

Askren retired because of his hip problems and also because Masvidal knocked his actual head off and I knew he was done that very NIGHT, Y'ALL!

Good riddance. Dude sucks shit.
Ike
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby mazacultura on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:49 pm

He's a shithead, but I always enjoyed his awful fucking fight style. Like Demian Maia or Jake Shields (or even Ryan Hall) I do love a grappler that can make everyone just miserable.

And he looked pretty good in that Maia fight, considering his decapitated head is still rolling around T-Mobile Arena somewhere.
mazacultura
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Ike on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:45 am

Come on, Usman. COME ON, USMAN.
Ike

Postby Mama Clortho on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:50 pm

I was talking to a friend about how I kind of want Colby to win. It’s an impulse a bit like picking a scab. It would just be so weird to the point of being otherworldly. The Day Everything Changed.

Joe Rogan actually said something pretty astute about how the character Colby plays is super effective in making people think he can’t fight at all. Even now after he’s gotten through Lawler, Maia, RDA etc I still believe he’s just a beady eyed rat that can’t fight.

Every time I mention the hot prospect that I’m excited about in this thread they wind up suffering a horrible embarrassing loss. I do not want to do this to you, Petr Yan.
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ike on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Mama Clortho wrote:I was talking to a friend about how I kind of want Colby to win. It’s an impulse a bit like picking a scab. It would just be so weird to the point of being otherworldly. The Day Everything Changed.

Joe Rogan actually said something pretty astute about how the character Colby plays is super effective in making people think he can’t fight at all. Even now after he’s gotten through Lawler, Maia, RDA etc I still believe he’s just a beady eyed rat that can’t fight.

Every time I mention the hot prospect that I’m excited about in this thread they wind up suffering a horrible embarrassing loss. I do not want to do this to you, Petr Yan.

You are an agent of chaos. RESPECT.

I hope Usman knocks him out in the first round with one of those nightmare punches.

BUT I LIKE YOUR STYLE, Mama.
Ike

Postby Mama Clortho on Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:32 am

Ike wrote:
Mama Clortho wrote:I was talking to a friend about how I kind of want Colby to win. It’s an impulse a bit like picking a scab. It would just be so weird to the point of being otherworldly. The Day Everything Changed.

You are an agent of chaos.

I laughed to myself in bed about two hours after reading this. It’s so funny to me I actually can’t tell if it was intended. I hope it was.

You have any worry at all about Max Holloway going down, Ike? Could happen...
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ike on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 am

Mama Clortho wrote:
Ike wrote:

You are an agent of chaos.

I laughed to myself in bed about two hours after reading this. It’s so funny to me I actually can’t tell if it was intended. I hope it was.

You have any worry at all about Max Holloway going down, Ike? Could happen...

Totally intended for humor, all the way! I love that shit.

I think Holloway is gonna overwhelm AV with like 8847483 punches, contant pressure, and just draw the dude into his game plan (8847483 punches per round, constant pressure). I am glad he learned his lesson when he jumped up a weight class. If he stays where he is he'll dominate for years. The bigger dudes just have too much oomph for him, I fear. Ortega JUST skirted that line, and he got swarmed.

Weirdly, next to Usman, the Faber fight is the one I'm most interested in.

We have a show that night, but my buddy is getting he PPV and said I could dip in as soon as I'm done. I'm gonna make sure we play a 12 minute set.
Ike

Postby Mama Clortho on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Glad the Chaos Covington joke was intended.

I’m a massive Holloway fan, but I’m not so sure. Kind of feel like everything Dustin did to Max, AV could do — possibly better. He’s a real smart fighter and super hungry. Same coach as Adesanya.

Hoping it goes 5 rounds and they both look disgusting when it’s finished.

Yeah, the Faber/Yan fight is really interesting. Can’t wait. Terrifying robotic Russian vs hippy skateboard kid apparently in a 40 year olds body.

With beautiful hair.
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ike on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:32 am

Faber, the California MAN as the Main Event Podcast broze call him.

Couldn't dislike more about his entire scene (the ubermench crew or whatever they're called? always happy to see Cody get stomped out), but I can't help but kinda pull for this old weirdo.

Something wrong with him. His eyes give him away.

I believe this is true, too: He's never been knocked DOWN? Is that fucking true? Like never once?

Wild.
Ike

Postby Mama Clortho on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Ike wrote:
Something wrong with him. His eyes give him away.

Wild.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9_LM3jJxI

Can’t time stamp. ~4 minutes.

Good fucking stare down, though. Makes me wish it was 5 rounds.

I wish more people posted in this thread. Where did Trey go?
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Andrew. on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am

Sad to be missing this great card to host a dinner party, but I can't bring myself to arrange my weekend calendar around watching UFC. Might be different if any of my friends watched MMA but none do.

I listen to the Bloody Elbow podcasts semi-regularly and the MMA Vivisection for this card is characteristically good. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/12/12/ ... s-pre-show
Andrew.
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Trey on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Looks like a beast of a card tomorrow night. Colby wants everyone to hate him, right? You got it brah, I hate your guts!
Not making any predictions, except that I don't think any woman can beat Nunes right now.
I'm like, whatever, it's fucking Houlihan

http://www.thegary.com
Trey
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm

OK — it was fucking funny to see Colby get knocked down. I thought the fight was shit, though. The kind of fight that makes you feel good to say “This is shit. Fuck them both for this.”

Petr Yan is the most exciting fighter in the sport atm, IMO. Same sort of feeling as watching a pre fame
Khabib.

His cold Russian take on Nick Diaz’s “what’s up, bitch?” gesture was beautiful.

Max/Volkanovski was great. Volkanovski’s movement and gameplan were extremely impressive. The way Max handled the loss, eating ice cream with his kid at the press conference, even more impressive.

Amanda (who I love) fought like a nervous champion. Shame!
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Ike on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 am

I thought the last fight was GREAT. It had quite literally everything one could hope for: Intense, lots of exchanges, a good guy/bad guy, kinda didn't know where it was going for a bit there, and then GOOD GUYS WIN, BAD GUYS GET THEIR JAW BUSTED.

Did we watch the same fight?

Holloway/Volc. fight was also great.

About Amanda, she went back to her corner after round one SMILING. If she'd have had another 30 seconds there would not have been a round two (that's not how the game is played, I know). I think she got caught on her heels a bit and the smiling ceased. Good fight! She dominated.

GOOD NIGHT OF FIGHTS.

RIP URIAH'S COMEBACK. RIP MAGA JAW.

So where is the closest place we can all meet up and watch this shit together sometime? I'm in Michigan but have a well-maintained van.
Ike

Postby Andrew. on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:23 am

Card went so late I was able to catch the last fight. And yeah, they planted themselves in the middle of the cage and exchanged for 24 minutes without a single takedown attempt.

MAGA chud's mouth is literally wired shut now. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Andrew.

Postby Mama Clortho on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Ike wrote:
Did we watch the same fight?

The two average strikers striking averagely for 25 minutes part, but also the clash of personalities. Kamuru as the antidote (hero of love) to the beady eyed weirdo playing a character is equally as tedious to me. Together they’re the worst.

I will admit that as these two things became apparent mid first round I switched to “man that doesn’t like things and will later post about it on the internet” mode and I wasn’t budging.

The knock down was great, though.
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Andrew. on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:27 pm

My girlfriend got really into the main card because of the racialized politics. Never seen her cheer so much at a fight!

We're walking distance from a large hotel sports bar in Winnipeg where we watch UFC and where the clientele is like 50% Indigenous on fight nights.

After the fight ended, she went to the bathroom and on her way back ended up rescuing a black server who was being hassled by an all-white table of Colby fans (wasn't even the server's table -- they singled her out). Security got involved when the MAGA dudes started talking to a big table of Indigenous people.

Today she's sending me links like this from work
https://www.theroot.com/nigerian-immigr ... 1840461857?
Andrew.

Postby Mama Clortho on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:38 pm

A Stephen Colbert trump monologue as a UFC fight.

In a righteous world, Mark Hunt would waddle into the cage sometime in the 2nd round, knock them both the fuck out, then waddle out of the arena and eventually home. No acknowledgement to the crowd. Purpose and nothing else.

Mark Hunt just doing what is needed and right.

This is what the world needs.
Mama Clortho
has seen it all
has seen it all

Postby Andrew. on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Mama Clortho wrote:A Stephen Colbert trump monologue as a UFC fight.

Don't insult my girlfriend, dude! Lol

I haven't mentioned to her that I think Usman is really uncompelling as a person and I really don't care about him. But that was a good fight, man. Admit it!
Andrew.

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap