home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Either/Or: Sublime or Vanilla Ice

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Either/Or: Sublime or Vanilla Ice

Sublime
16
37%
Vanilla Ice
27
63%
 
Total votes : 43

Either/Or: Sublime or Vanilla Ice

Postby enframed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:30 pm

I fucking hate sublime.

At least Vanilla Ice can dance.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17002
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby CJMcG on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:32 pm

User avatar
CJMcG
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Postby John W. on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 pm

The sublime blow out and the vanilla ice exodus.
User avatar
John W.
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5603
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:38 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Marsupialized on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:40 pm

I really don't mind Sublime
User avatar
Marsupialized
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 40816
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:21 am
Location: Chicago, over by Grand and Halsted. Fulton River district, I guess?

Postby John W. on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Wesley Willis toured with Sublime.

I'm thinking there might be some great stories about that.
User avatar
John W.
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5603
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:38 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:56 pm

"Santeria" is an okay song. Vanilla Ice doesn't have any okay songs.
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9746
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby iembalm on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:57 pm

I like Santeria a lot.
iembalm
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:47 am

Postby placeholder on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 pm

I can't vote, owing to the marginal difference between the two options.

CRAP.
User avatar
placeholder
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8046
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:06 pm

Postby enframed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 pm

H-GM wrote:"Santeria" is an okay song. Vanilla Ice doesn't have any okay songs.


but he can dance.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17002
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:25 pm

enframed wrote:
H-GM wrote:"Santeria" is an okay song. Vanilla Ice doesn't have any okay songs.


but he can dance.


Anyone can dance. Vanilla Ice is durrr. I hate him.
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9746
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby ergo space pig on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:29 pm

at least people won't try to honestly assert that Vanilla Ice is the most important artist in the last 20 years or something equally ridiculous. Sublime fans are widespread and a horrible cancer.
User avatar
ergo space pig
"kick a ginger day" victim
"kick a ginger day" victim
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 am
Location: pokeland, ca

Postby Wood Goblin on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Vanilla Ice needs to have existed. Here's why:

--He had no talent for rapping whatsoever. He had slightly more talent as a dancer, but only slightly more. Had he been a good rapper, we'd likely be ridiculing his dancing ability right now.

--He appropriated somebody else's music in a way that added nothing inventive or creative.

--He's a pathological liar.

--He dressed in a manner that was totally ridiculous even at the time. If he had debuted in 2005, he would have worn a $75 Von Dutch trucker's cap and pants halfway down his thighs.

--His debut record sold something like 7 million copies, making him an A-list superstar practically overnight. It's truly remarkable how many people he duped with his sheer awfulness. Magazine covers, movies, constant TV coverage. I mean, does anyone think that Madonna would have solicited whoever did "Who Let the Dogs Out," "Macarena," or "Whoomp (There It Is)" for her Sex book, had they had their single hits at the right time? It's honestly breathtaking to be reminded of how enormous he was for a short time, before . . . .

--"Go Ninja, go ninja, go!" and other instances in which attached his name, in the expectation of a paycheck, to crap so crappy that even his dumbest, most gullible fans couldn't abide him. From superstar to punchline in, what, one year?

Vanilla Ice isn't just crap. He's the benchmark for undeserved fame. He pretty much set the speed record in terms of the time it took him to become famous and then face a backlash so complete and so unyielding that it destroyed his career.

Sublime was merely a band that really, really sucked.
User avatar
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet
 
Posts: 5855
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: South Loop, Chicago

Postby enframed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Wood Goblin wrote:Vanilla Ice needs to have existed. Here's why:

--He had no talent for rapping whatsoever. He had slightly more talent as a dancer, but only slightly more. Had he been a good rapper, we'd likely be ridiculing his dancing ability right now.

--He appropriated somebody else's music in a way that added nothing inventive or creative.

--He's a pathological liar.

--He dressed in a manner that was totally ridiculous even at the time. If he had debuted in 2005, he would have worn a $75 Von Dutch trucker's cap and pants halfway down his thighs.

--His debut record sold something like 7 million copies, making him an A-list superstar practically overnight. It's truly remarkable how many people he duped with his sheer awfulness. Magazine covers, movies, constant TV coverage. I mean, does anyone think that Madonna would have solicited whoever did "Who Let the Dogs Out," "Macarena," or "Whoomp (There It Is)" for her Sex book, had they had their single hits at the right time? It's honestly breathtaking to be reminded of how enormous he was for a short time, before . . . .

--"Go Ninja, go ninja, go!" and other instances in which attached his name, in the expectation of a paycheck, to crap so crappy that even his dumbest, most gullible fans couldn't abide him. From superstar to punchline in, what, one year?

Vanilla Ice isn't just crap. He's the benchmark for undeserved fame. He pretty much set the speed record in terms of the time it took him to become famous and then face a backlash so complete and so unyielding that it destroyed his career.

Sublime was merely a band that really, really sucked.


beautiful.
Last edited by enframed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
User avatar
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 17002
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby CJMcG on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Wood Goblin wrote:Vanilla Ice needs to have existed. Here's why:

--He had no talent for rapping whatsoever. He had slightly more talent as a dancer, but only slightly more. Had he been a good rapper, we'd likely be ridiculing his dancing ability right now.

--He appropriated somebody else's music in a way that added nothing inventive or creative.

--He's a pathological liar.

--He dressed in a manner that was totally ridiculous even at the time. If he had debuted in 2005, he would have worn a $75 Von Dutch trucker's cap and pants halfway down his thighs.

--His debut record sold something like 7 million copies, making him an A-list superstar practically overnight. It's truly remarkable how many people he duped with his sheer awfulness. Magazine covers, movies, constant TV coverage. I mean, does anyone think that Madonna would have solicited whoever did "Who Let the Dogs Out," "Macarena," or "Whoomp (There It Is)" for her Sex book, had they had their single hits at the right time? It's honestly breathtaking to be reminded of how enormous he was for a short time, before . . . .

--"Go Ninja, go ninja, go!" and other instances in which attached his name, in the expectation of a paycheck, to crap so crappy that even his dumbest, most gullible fans couldn't abide him. From superstar to punchline in, what, one year?

Vanilla Ice isn't just crap. He's the benchmark for undeserved fame. He pretty much set the speed record in terms of the time it took him to become famous and then face a backlash so complete and so unyielding that it destroyed his career.

Sublime was merely a band that really, really sucked.
Type that funky science white boy.
User avatar
CJMcG
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Postby SecondEdition on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 pm

"Santeria" is a horrendously bad song. ("What I Got"...better. Still shitty, but the vocal isn't nearly as soul-suckingly annoying.)

Vanilla Ice is so bad that he's passed through being ironically cool because of his badness into just being bad again.

Vanilla Ice sucks harder. It's meta-suckage.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.


CS. PC. MM.
User avatar
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 22448
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Midwest, USA

Postby lemur68 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Sublime could play instruments and write songs, even if they were lousy songs.
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
User avatar
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18283
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Postby yaledelay on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:
Wood Goblin wrote:Vanilla Ice needs to have existed. Here's why:

--He had no talent for rapping whatsoever. He had slightly more talent as a dancer, but only slightly more. Had he been a good rapper, we'd likely be ridiculing his dancing ability right now.

--He appropriated somebody else's music in a way that added nothing inventive or creative.

--He's a pathological liar.

--He dressed in a manner that was totally ridiculous even at the time. If he had debuted in 2005, he would have worn a $75 Von Dutch trucker's cap and pants halfway down his thighs.

--His debut record sold something like 7 million copies, making him an A-list superstar practically overnight. It's truly remarkable how many people he duped with his sheer awfulness. Magazine covers, movies, constant TV coverage. I mean, does anyone think that Madonna would have solicited whoever did "Who Let the Dogs Out," "Macarena," or "Whoomp (There It Is)" for her Sex book, had they had their single hits at the right time? It's honestly breathtaking to be reminded of how enormous he was for a short time, before . . . .

--"Go Ninja, go ninja, go!" and other instances in which attached his name, in the expectation of a paycheck, to crap so crappy that even his dumbest, most gullible fans couldn't abide him. From superstar to punchline in, what, one year?

Vanilla Ice isn't just crap. He's the benchmark for undeserved fame. He pretty much set the speed record in terms of the time it took him to become famous and then face a backlash so complete and so unyielding that it destroyed his career.

Sublime was merely a band that really, really sucked.
Type that funky science white boy.


Word to your mother (and Faiz's mother too)
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby CJMcG on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:06 pm

lemur68 wrote:Sublime could play instruments and write songs, even if they were lousy songs.
So can 1000 other bands that are shittier than Vanilla Ice.
User avatar
CJMcG
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Postby yaledelay on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:
lemur68 wrote:Sublime could play instruments and write songs, even if they were lousy songs.
So can 1000 other bands that are shittier than Vanilla Ice.


Name all 1000, go ahead, I bet you can't do it...
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby CJMcG on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 pm

yaledelay wrote:
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:
lemur68 wrote:Sublime could play instruments and write songs, even if they were lousy songs.
So can 1000 other bands that are shittier than Vanilla Ice.


Name all 1000, go ahead, I bet you can't do it...
Gimme some time and I will name 1000 bands shittier than Vanilla Ice.
User avatar
CJMcG
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Next

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: twelvepoint and 9 guests