home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Either/Or: Sublime or Vanilla Ice

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Either/Or: Sublime or Vanilla Ice

Sublime
16
37%
Vanilla Ice
27
63%
 
Total votes : 43

Postby Red Square on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:30 am

ah, i hear ya'...and was one of ya' for 7 years till i had to move back to tejas...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
User avatar
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6921
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:23 pm
Location: on the street of crocodiles...

Postby r0ck1r0ck2 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:28 am

is worse than the nilla?

Image
dontfeartheringo wrote:Really, all of these sports are pussy sports compared to the incredibly grueling game of being Morrissey.
User avatar
r0ck1r0ck2
saw big cat
saw big cat
 
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Hospitalet-de-Loebregat

Postby richterbjack on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:47 am

I fucking hate Sublime.

Vanilla Ice is annoying, but his personal pain makes great comedy for the rest of us. And he's ultimately harmless.

I'm willing to bet $50 that more people have been date raped to one night of Sublime than 18 years of Vanilla.
I have been influenced by posters
User avatar
richterbjack
cats
cats
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Jan Hammer

Postby dansoderburg on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:10 am

exhibit A: "badfish" (premier sublime cover schumcks)
Image

# of Vanilla Ice coverbands who made over 1,000,000 bucks last year = 0
fuck sublime and double fuck their fans...hard
User avatar
dansoderburg
walter cronkite
walter cronkite
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: not chicago.

Postby yaledelay on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am

r0ck1r0ck2 wrote:is worse than the nilla?

Image


Ok theres 1...
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby ubercat on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am

r0ck1r0ck2 wrote:is worse than the nilla?

Image


Nice plugs.
User avatar
ubercat
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Postby yaledelay on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:26 am

ironyengine wrote:
yaledelay wrote:
enframed wrote:
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:I already have 163.
I got this in the bag.


I'm counting on you, McGarvey.



remember the PRF decides if all the bands on the list are worse than Vanilla Ice...


1000 polls, minus the ones that have already been decided in C/NC? This will be madness.

Bringing it back around: I would much rather listen to Madness than Sublime.



nah not that many, as I know Mcgarvy, he is going to come up with at least 700 bands that are undisputed-ly worse than Vanilla Ice.
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby yaledelay on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:31 am

Mandroid2.0 wrote:
Red Square wrote:
Mandroid2.0 wrote:
Red Square wrote:white kids acting black did not exist until this stupid fool...he is singlehandedly to blame for this...

unless you count the beastie boys, but they were tongue in cheek about themselves and had a sense of humor...and were actually good...


It happened before Vanilla Ice. I remember it well.


you probably saw that a lot faster being more inner city than i did then...


Ha. Yeah, Pulaski, Wisconsin is a gangsta's paradise.



Oh man, so good...
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby Trad on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:43 am

South Central Pulaski has cleaned itself up a bit as of late. It's the fucking north side that's terrible now, I hear.
Trad
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: Hell Hole

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 am

So it has come to the appreciation, or, ironic-appreciation, or, schadenfreude of some poor dick like Vanilla Ice who had no good songs; rather than appreciating Sublime who had at least one good song? You know it's a good pop song...stop hatin'. Let's take a look at the hot-shit mainstream singles of 1996:

1. Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio
2. One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
3. Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
4. Nobody Knows, Tony Rich Project
5. Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
6. Give Me One Reason, Tracy Chapman
7. Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
8. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
9. You're Makin' Me High / Let It Flow, Toni Braxton
10. Twisted, Keith Sweat
11. C'mon N' Ride It (The Train), Quad City Dj's
12. Missing, Everything But The Girl
13. Ironic, Alanis Morissette
14. Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Whitney Houston
15. Follow You Down / Til I Hear It From You, Gin Blossoms
16. Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
17. How Do U Want It / California Love, 2Pac
18. It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Celine Dion
19. Change The World, Eric Clapton
20. Hey Lover, LL Cool J
21. Loungin, LL Cool J
22. Insensitive, Jann Arden
23. Be My Lover, La Bouche
24. Name, Goo Goo Dolls
25. Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel
26. Where Do You Go, No Mercy
27. I Can't Sleep Baby (If I), R. Kelly
28. Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla
29. You Learn / You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette
30. One Of Us, Joan Osborne
31. Wonder, Natalie Merchant
32. Not Gon' Cry, Mary J. Blige
33. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
34. Only You, 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G.
35. Down Low (Nobody Has To Know), R. Kelly
36. You're The One, SWV
37. Sweet Dreams, La Bouche
38. Before You Walk Out Of My Life / Like This And Like That, Monica
39. Breakfast At Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something :shock:
40. 1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio
41. The World I Know, Collective Soul
42. No Diggity, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre)
43. Anything, 3t
44. 1979, The Smashing Pumpkins
45. Diggin' On You, TLC
46. Why I Love You So Much / Ain't Nobody, Monica
47. Kissin' You, Total
48. Count On Me, Whitney Houston and Cece Winans
49. Fantasy, Mariah Carey
50. Time, Hootie and The Blowfish
51. You'll See, Madonna
52. Last Night, Az Yet
53. Mouth, Merril Bainbridge
54. The Earth, The Sun, The Rain, Color Me Badd
55. All The Things (Your Man Won't Do), Joe
56. Wonderwall, Oasis
57. Woo-hah!! Got You All In Check / Everything Remains Raw, Busta Rhymes
58. Tell Me, Groove Theory
59. Elevators (Me and You), Outkast
60. Hook, Blues Traveler
61. Doin It, LL Cool J
62. Fastlove, George Michael
63. Touch Me Tease Me, Case Featuring Foxxy Brown
64. Tonite's Tha Night, Kris Kross
65. Children, Robert Miles
66. Theme From Mission: Impossible, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
67. Closer To Free, Bodeans
68. Just A Girl, No Doubt
69. If Your Girl Only Knew, Aaliyah
70. Lady, D'angelo
71. Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First), John Mellencamp
72. Pony, Ginuwine
73. Nobody, Keith Sweat
74. Old Man and Me (When I Get To Heaven), Hootie and The Blowfish
75. If It Makes You Happy, Sheryl Crow
76. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
77. Keep On, Keepin' On, Mc Lyte
78. Jealousy, Natalie Merchant
79. I Want To Come Over, Melissa Etheridge
80. Who Do U Love, Deborah Cox
81. Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton
82. This Is Your Night, Amber
83. You Remind Me Of Something, R. Kelly
84. Runaway, Janet Jackson
85. Set U Free, Planet Soul
86. Hit Me Off, New Edition
87. No One Else, Total
88. My Boo, Ghost Town Dj's
89. Get Money, Junior M.A.F.I.A.
90. That Girl, Maxi Priest Featuring Shaggy
91. Po Pimp, Do Or Die
92. Until It Sleeps, Metallica
93. Hay, Crucial Conflict
94. Beautiful Life, Ace Of Base
95. Back For Good, Take That
96. I Got Id / Long Road, Pearl Jam
97. Soon As I Get Home, Faith Evans
98. Macarena, Los Del Rio
99. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish
100. Don't Cry, Seal

Hell, "Santeria" isn't even on the list! Street-cred, bish! You poor saps keep on laughing while punching Rob Van Winkle in the dick, and I'll enjoy a good pop song whenever I happen to come across it.
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9765
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby yaledelay on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:13 am

H-GM wrote:So it has come to the appreciation, or, ironic-appreciation, or, schadenfreude of some poor dick like Vanilla Ice who had no good songs; rather than appreciating Sublime who had at least one good song? You know it's a good pop song...stop hatin'. Let's take a look at the hot-shit mainstream singles of 1996:

1. Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio
2. One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
3. Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
4. Nobody Knows, Tony Rich Project
5. Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
6. Give Me One Reason, Tracy Chapman
7. Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
8. I Love You Always Forever, Donna Lewis
9. You're Makin' Me High / Let It Flow, Toni Braxton
10. Twisted, Keith Sweat
11. C'mon N' Ride It (The Train), Quad City Dj's
12. Missing, Everything But The Girl
13. Ironic, Alanis Morissette
14. Exhale (Shoop Shoop), Whitney Houston
15. Follow You Down / Til I Hear It From You, Gin Blossoms
16. Sittin' Up In My Room, Brandy
17. How Do U Want It / California Love, 2Pac
18. It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Celine Dion
19. Change The World, Eric Clapton
20. Hey Lover, LL Cool J
21. Loungin, LL Cool J
22. Insensitive, Jann Arden
23. Be My Lover, La Bouche
24. Name, Goo Goo Dolls
25. Who Will Save Your Soul, Jewel
26. Where Do You Go, No Mercy
27. I Can't Sleep Baby (If I), R. Kelly
28. Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla
29. You Learn / You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette
30. One Of Us, Joan Osborne
31. Wonder, Natalie Merchant
32. Not Gon' Cry, Mary J. Blige
33. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
34. Only You, 112 Featuring The Notorious B.I.G.
35. Down Low (Nobody Has To Know), R. Kelly
36. You're The One, SWV
37. Sweet Dreams, La Bouche
38. Before You Walk Out Of My Life / Like This And Like That, Monica
39. Breakfast At Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something :shock:
40. 1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio
41. The World I Know, Collective Soul
42. No Diggity, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre)
43. Anything, 3t
44. 1979, The Smashing Pumpkins
45. Diggin' On You, TLC
46. Why I Love You So Much / Ain't Nobody, Monica
47. Kissin' You, Total
48. Count On Me, Whitney Houston and Cece Winans
49. Fantasy, Mariah Carey
50. Time, Hootie and The Blowfish
51. You'll See, Madonna
52. Last Night, Az Yet
53. Mouth, Merril Bainbridge
54. The Earth, The Sun, The Rain, Color Me Badd
55. All The Things (Your Man Won't Do), Joe
56. Wonderwall, Oasis
57. Woo-hah!! Got You All In Check / Everything Remains Raw, Busta Rhymes
58. Tell Me, Groove Theory
59. Elevators (Me and You), Outkast
60. Hook, Blues Traveler
61. Doin It, LL Cool J
62. Fastlove, George Michael
63. Touch Me Tease Me, Case Featuring Foxxy Brown
64. Tonite's Tha Night, Kris Kross
65. Children, Robert Miles
66. Theme From Mission: Impossible, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen
67. Closer To Free, Bodeans
68. Just A Girl, No Doubt
69. If Your Girl Only Knew, Aaliyah
70. Lady, D'angelo
71. Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First), John Mellencamp
72. Pony, Ginuwine
73. Nobody, Keith Sweat
74. Old Man and Me (When I Get To Heaven), Hootie and The Blowfish
75. If It Makes You Happy, Sheryl Crow
76. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
77. Keep On, Keepin' On, Mc Lyte
78. Jealousy, Natalie Merchant
79. I Want To Come Over, Melissa Etheridge
80. Who Do U Love, Deborah Cox
81. Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton
82. This Is Your Night, Amber
83. You Remind Me Of Something, R. Kelly
84. Runaway, Janet Jackson
85. Set U Free, Planet Soul
86. Hit Me Off, New Edition
87. No One Else, Total
88. My Boo, Ghost Town Dj's
89. Get Money, Junior M.A.F.I.A.
90. That Girl, Maxi Priest Featuring Shaggy
91. Po Pimp, Do Or Die
92. Until It Sleeps, Metallica
93. Hay, Crucial Conflict
94. Beautiful Life, Ace Of Base
95. Back For Good, Take That
96. I Got Id / Long Road, Pearl Jam
97. Soon As I Get Home, Faith Evans
98. Macarena, Los Del Rio
99. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish
100. Don't Cry, Seal



STOP HELPING MCGARVY!!!
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8320
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Postby RSMurphy on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:16 am

Oh shit! I just re-read that list and the Ghost Town DJ's My Boo is on it. That's my muthafuckin' jam!

[does that one dance where you're galloping and pretending like you're slapping an ass at the same time]
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9765
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby ERawk on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Anyone notice how "Macerena" nearly bookends 1996 in that list?

Anyways, my vote goes to Vanilla Ice, for reasons that Wood Goblin stated, even though the existence of Badfish puts up a good fight.
You guys don't mind that I crash your little sausage party, right?

SecondEdition wrote:And also, just for the record - you have the best sig ever.


I was in a band with a cunt.
User avatar
ERawk
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero
 
Posts: 6438
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: The Cave Where Evil Girlfriend Monsters Dwell

Postby Lonesome Bulldog on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Sublime: could be good. "What I Got"- NOT one of the good ones.

Vanilla Ice: never good. "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go" best song to be heard with ironic ears.
Lonesome Bulldog
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4213
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Postby DrAwkward on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm

That list Randall posted gave me pause, as it forced me to realize that in my head the Goo Goo Dolls and Gin Blossoms are completely interchangeable.
Stinky Pete wrote:BDSM is a bit like Queens of the Stone Age in that it's basically fine to be into, but a bit worrying if you're obsessed with it.

Body Futures
IfIHadAHiFi
Martian Dance Invasion!
User avatar
DrAwkward
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus
 
Posts: 12011
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:03 am
Location: SEWI

Postby Lonesome Bulldog on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 pm

DrAwkward wrote:That list Randall posted gave me pause, as it forced me to realize that in my head the Goo Goo Dolls and Gin Blossoms are completely interchangeable.

You ain't hardly bullshittin', Doc. Adult Contemporary Undergarments.

Beneath the microscope I think you'll find a more flavor-nuggety trail mix of crap in The Gin Blossoms, whereas the slide reveals The Goo Goo Dolls to bear a smoother, whipped post-pablum diaper sauce. These doo doo delights are nothing in comparison to Matchbox 20 though, the trippelganger in this sonic menage. Their refried butt smoothie adds the extra-mild shit salsa to this burrito supreme.
Lonesome Bulldog
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4213
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Postby Kyle Motor on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:04 pm

DrAwkward wrote:That list Randall posted gave me pause, as it forced me to realize that in my head the Goo Goo Dolls and Gin Blossoms are completely interchangeable.

Sweet Jeebus, not even close. Especially if you look specifically at those tunes listed from '96. Ugh, "Name" is calculated and terrible (which I don't consider mutually exclusive).

I like Gin Blossoms, god damn it. I'll say it and be proud.

This is a truly wicked thunderdome, it's bringing out the argument in everybody. I can't even decide on the subject at hand. I don't outwardly hate Sublime or Vanilla Ice, but I don't like them either. An interesting and non-obvious match-up.
That dog won't hunt, monsignor.
zom-zom wrote:Fuck you loser pussies that hate KISS.

Go listen to your beard-nerd aluminum guitar shit. See if I care.
User avatar
Kyle Motor
has seen it all
has seen it all
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:43 pm
Location: Madison WI

Postby lemur68 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 pm

H-GM wrote:Let's take a look at the hot-shit mainstream singles of 1996:

(snip)

Hell, "Santeria" isn't even on the list!


Probably because "Santeria" charted in 1997.

"What I Got" charted in '96, however.
big_dave wrote:This is just about finding a dorky selfie on his blogspot?

Jesus, this is the Space Ace by Don Bluth of internet intrigue.
User avatar
lemur68
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 18283
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:52 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Postby Mazec on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Well, it's a toughie, but I'm going to have to go with Vanilla Ice. Here's why:

Assuming you're locked in a room forced to watch Vanilla Ice perform for you, all you have to do is mosey on down to the electrical outlet and pull the plug. That'll put his shit completely outta business.

With Sublime, it's a litter tougher, seeing as how they did use real instruments, they would be able to make at least some noise, even if in an unplugged condition.

However, Sublime's singer/guitarist dude is dead. Maybe this isn't so easy after all - how horrible can it be to listen to Sublime's bassist and drummer jam? Maybe they'd even suck less without him.
User avatar
Mazec
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2444
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:57 am
Location: Hamburg

Postby same on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:50 pm

I think at any given point in time there are one million fratboys covering a Sublime song in public. Fuck you Sublime.
User avatar
same
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Justin Foley, mazacultura, yard barf and 11 guests