No Trend?

Crap
No votes
Not Crap
100%

Total votes : 40

Re: Band: No Trend

Postby Verge of Light on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

OrthodoxEaster wrote:I might have a minor nervous breakdown if this doesn't hit stores sometime this year.

Thank you very much for your hard work on this. It'll be amazing to hear these songs properly mastered. I will be buying both versions. Psyched.
Verge of Light
wolf
wolf

Postby OrthodoxEaster on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for your support, VoL and ALP. Will keep you posted.
OrthodoxEaster
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Redline on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

I still have the comp Widowspeak / Lydia put out, When Death Won't Solve Your Problems, it seems to be pretty complete.

But I'm pretty sure I'll have to have this new thing. Dang.
Redline
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby OrthodoxEaster on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Redline wrote:I still have the comp Widowspeak / Lydia put out, When Death Won't Solve Your Problems, it seems to be pretty complete.

It's a good one. Excerpts most (but not quite all) of what you need from the the first and second albums plus the early EPs.

The three previously unreleased songs on that ("Two Seconds...," "One Last Dream," and "Killing Me" [aka "the Cattle Song"]) from 1985-1986, are some of the best things the band ever recorded. Those are from the demos that got eventually got them signed to Touch & Go, recorded between the second and third studio albums. I'd love to spearhead a reissue containing more material from those sessions but I'm not sure that's in the cards, given the general apathy of the surviving band members. At any rate, I've always found that stuff to be far superior to what wound up on the subsequent proper LPs.
OrthodoxEaster

Postby Redline on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Son, you've already earned your gold medal with the Toiling Midgets stuff.

Carry on!
Redline
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby RPortugal7 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:47 am

From what I understand these reissues are being authorized through Michael Salkind who played on both of these records
RPortugal7

Postby RPortugal7 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:19 pm

From what i understand these were organized through michael salkind who was the drummer on these recordings
RPortugal7

Postby a leg plaster on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Pictures and write up from the insert of the Teen Beat material 12”.

Not sure if it’s in bad taste to post something like that (I will totally delete them if so), but a friend sent them to me when he got the two records this week and I figured some people here might be interested too. That’s the only clear picture I’ve ever seen of Frank Price that wasn’t from a part of the Flipside video.
(exaggeration)
a leg plaster
Leader with Extraordinary Personality
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby oZZma on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:01 pm

a leg plaster wrote:
One of my favorite records all time would have to be their album Tritonian Nash-Vegas polyester Complex. Nothing in the fucking world sounds like this. It's actually the only one still in print (on Touch & Go, pretty sure.) and i can't reccomend enough that you pick it up. Songs like Without Me, Fred Reality and Choc-O-Jet are undescribable pieces of work. I can't even come up with a fitting genre to describe the album, but i would have loved to see this incarnation of the band in all their glory.

YESSSSS. That record is truly great and incredibly underrated. You're right, it's difficult to fit it into a genre, it's really unique. You also mentioned my favorite songs (although the whole record is great). It's so cynical, and pathetic, and moving (in a weird way). Highly recommended!
vade retro Santana
oZZma
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap