home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

band: garden variety

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

garden variety

crap
0
No votes
not crap
5
100%
 
Total votes : 5

band: garden variety

Postby segerandpriest on Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:05 pm

anybody remember this outfit???
User avatar
segerandpriest
pinocchio
pinocchio
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:02 am
Location: DC

Re: band: garden variety

Postby numberthirty on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Yes. To say they were awesome is selling them way short. Best Descendents cover that will ever happen -

Last edited by numberthirty on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 20444
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: band: garden variety

Postby numberthirty on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Since I can't let this one go -













Last edited by numberthirty on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 20444
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: band: garden variety

Postby tallchris on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I used to play music under the name Garden Variety Tsar.

This confused fans of both Garden Variety and Tsar one more than one occasion.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
User avatar
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
 
Posts: 8795
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: band: garden variety

Postby numberthirty on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Live -







154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
User avatar
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain
 
Posts: 20444
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:28 am

Re: band: garden variety

Postby caset on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I love Garden Variety, always felt they were underrated.
There is something in their recordings that sounds. . .I dont know, its got that shitty early 90's sound to it. Cant describe it properly as Im not a recordist type, so Ill guess Im using the term compressed correctly. Same problem old Chisel tapes suffered.

Not Crap at all.
User avatar
caset
the white ho
the white ho
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: brooklyn

Re: band: garden variety

Postby segerandpriest on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Great deluge of vids!

Great Chisel comparison re: recording quality! [Oddly enough I met a dude in Ypsilanti, MI over the wkd who knew all the Leo brothers -- first fellow traveler I have encountered in years. (That first Van Pelt record is poorly recorded in a similar way.)]

Back to Garden Variety: unless you were there at the time and very invested in monitoring emo/hardcore zig-zagging, I think the jump from that Jawbreaker-y first LP to that Giant's Chair-y second LP would seem baffling and very odd.

Very odd and very awesome. Better than the jump from, say, Garden Variety to Radio 4... But I digress.
rchapman75: Apparently the kids are playing hardcore again.
User avatar
segerandpriest
pinocchio
pinocchio
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:02 am
Location: DC

Re: band: garden variety

Postby Sprague Dawley on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:22 pm

special soft spot for this band. Used to "mail order" their stuff from overseas. Gern Blandsten BEST label to deal with

for some reason I thought of about 70% of their songs as 5/10 but then the other 30% as perfect 10/10's. with nothing in between.

Radio 4 afterwards oh god wft are you doing guys, total letdown
User avatar
Sprague Dawley
cats
cats
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Pitcairns via Onehunga

Re: band: garden variety

Postby thelastrewind on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:26 am

They did a really awesome cover of "Push" by The Cure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLFzYyAT9I

this band has like, five or six songs which rock my fucking socks. not crap
Dovey wrote:Kat Dennings is like the SKWM of lady-crushes to me. Took ages to click, and then when it did, I fell hard

(not enough to watch 2 broke girls, tho)


Don't ever correct a dead man's spelling.
thelastrewind
mencken
mencken
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:33 am
Location: Sydney

Re: band: garden variety

Postby Sprague Dawley on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:04 am

crikey. they've just released a terrifyingly pricey 3xlp discography box.

Image

$76 from stickfigure
User avatar
Sprague Dawley
cats
cats
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Pitcairns via Onehunga


Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: octoberallover and 6 guests