Propagandhi?

Crapagandhi?
42%
Not Crapagandhi?
58%

Total votes : 126

Re: band: Propagandhi

Postby Mama Clortho on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 pm

This band is infinitely smarter, funnier, and even more cynical (surely not!) than you will ever be. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

It is a real shame they're stereotyped due to a small portion of their audience and the record label they're on.
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm

BadComrade wrote:These guys should start a "supergroup" with Anti-Flag.

Total crap.

That's a serious write off, comparing Propagandhi to Anti-Flag.

Anti-Flag is the epitome of poserdome. Propagandhi is the polar opposite of the "warped tour generation".

I hear this year’s Vans Warped Tour is “going green!” I guess they heard that money grows on trees. Hope they ship all those shitty bands overseas like they did the factories.
AnthonyVillalobos
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:08 am

BadComrade wrote:Uh huh.

As far as their lyrics go... They're the Clocker Bobs of "punk rock".

Jesus, Joseph and Mary! it's like they take their music/politics seriously, but not themselves! Call the indie-fuzz! Wait, they're already here! As far as their lyrics go, I think this is the most pertinent when it comes to contradicting every single thing you've said.

Note: The Motor League is the singer's former place of employment.

I like to party fucking hard. I like my rock and roll the same. Don't give a fuck if I burn out. Don't give a fuck if I fade away. So back to the Motor-League with me before I'm forced to face the wrath of a well-heeled buying public who live vicariously through tortured-artist college-rock and floor-punching macho pabulum. Back to the Motor League I go. Once thought I drew a lucky hand. Turned out to be a live grenade of play-acting "anarchists" and Mommy's-little-skinheads, death-threats and sycophants and wieners drunk on straight-edge. Fuck off. Who cares? I'd rather hi-lite Trip-Tiks than listen to your bullshit. Fuck off. Who cares about your stupid scenes, your shitty zines, the straw-men you build up to burn. It never ceases to amaze me and as I'm suffering your perfection it reminds me of my own race to redress my own sad history of mouthed feet. Eaten hats. Teated bulls. Amish phone-books. Drunken brawls. But what have we here? 15 years later it still reeks of ‘Swill and Chickenshit Conformists with their fists in the air; like-father, like-son "rebels” bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord, hear our prayer: take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics. Blow-dry my hair and stick me on a ten-speed. Back to the Motor League. I guess life is just a popularity contest. Success, the ability to perform within a framework of obedience. Just ask the candy-coated Joy-Cam rock-bands selling shoes for venture-capitalists, silencing competing messages, rounding off the jagged edges. Today is good day to die.
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:41 am

I don't dislike your e-person. I'm sure you've made me laugh. However, based on one thing I do glean from your posts, I can't help but revert to the most base level internet retort/insult. The thing is, though, it is an honest question and i am genuinely curious.

Have you ever had sexual intercourse with a human female? Like, in the last year?
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Mama Clortho on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:34 am

The thing is, you've just searched out their most obscure song (the first) in an attempt to win the internet. How many songs' lyrics did you read in order to find the winning jewel? That song was on a limited comp (which incidentally, they were asked to write). So, I'm guessing you've read 5 full length albums worth of lyrics before finding your ticket to internet spoils. BONANZA!

Was it worth it?
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:32 am

BadComrade wrote:Yeah, and they don't like Propagandhi either.

Some more fantastic lyrics by the band:

I’ve got my hands up her dress and it means nothing
It’s not about love, it’s not even about sex
This time it feels like I’ve got control
At this time tomorrow I’ll be able to look back and call her a slut
We were wondering who would fuck her first, another point for me
I know my friends will be so proud of me
Just between friends
How come they want to separate
They’ve got all the rights that me and my buddies do
You fucking talk about degradation
You stupid bitches haven’t got a clue
Just between friends
When someone thinks like this and the attitude is spread
Our dream is dead

See what they did there? They're against that kinda behavior, but they sing from the point of view of the dude they hate. Mind blowing.

Those lyrics and song are by a band called "I-Spy". It's the bass players old band from when he was a teenager.

Not Propagandhi lyrics buddy.
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby LBx on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 pm

they were "good".
LBx
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby circusking on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:20 pm

BadComrade wrote:
AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Those lyrics and song are by a band called "I-Spy". It's the bass players old band from when he was a teenager.

Not Propagandhi lyrics buddy.

I'm sure they were just as "good" as Propagandhi.

Propagandhi is the only band worth listening to at this point in that genre. BC, I get it if you've never liked them or you've moved on from that kind of music -- i have as well. BUT there's something about Propagandhi that has never stopped intriguing me.

And, they are better than NOFX who really only have a few good (ok, they're great) records. Propagandhi has no bad records. NOFX's first couple SUCKED and then they put out Ribbed. Then after So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes, they pumped out records that were eh.

I saw both bands live and they both kick.

I'll be at the Music Hall of Brooklyn show if anyone else is going. I may even hit Highline Ballroom but I'm not sure yet....
http://www.myspace.com/markcyst
http://www.myspace.com/birthingofmillions

"I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around." --James Beard
circusking
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Postby Mason on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Just between friends
Just between friends
Our dream is dead

See what they did there? They're against that kinda behavior, but they sing from the point of view of the dude they hate. Mind blowing.

By that logic, "Jordan, Minnesota" and half the Big Black catalogue sucks too.
Marsupialized wrote:'It's very important for men in bands together to French kiss, every day, even if they don't feel like it'
Mason
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby USERNAME ALREADY IN USE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Hum, well I guess no one else sees this band they way I do. When they released their first record I was amazed. I really can't think of another "political" album or even a band for that matter that really was "political" or wasn't just stupid. That's the thing about political bands, if you're going to write those kind of songs you have to be SMART!!!! Really, really smart. Propagahndi was and that record was good. One thing that really made the album interesting was how the serious/"politicalness" of the guitarist's songs meshed with the romantic introspective songs of the bass player who later formed the Weakerthans. There was great songs that asked great questions. I couldn't wait for their next effort.

Then Let's Talk comes out. But now instead of asking questions they are telling us answers. We shouldn't do this or that. You should shop here not there. Don't eat that. Uhm, wait a minute. Did he just say I shouldn't eat meat? Ok but aren't these guys anarchists? So when we're living in an anarchist state, fending for ourselves, and everyday is a struggle to survive we should find time to make protein supplements? Come the fuck on. And sorry folks, news flash, plants are living things too. Jackasses!

The problem with Propagahndi is the problem that many educated free thinkers have. They start believing there own bullshit. In their later years they've become preachy assholes unwilling to to tolerate others beliefs.

Oh yeah and metal sucks just as much as ska!
“When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities”-Hume
USERNAME ALREADY IN USE
ward boss
ward boss

Postby circusking on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:48 pm

Mason wrote:

Just between friends
Just between friends
Our dream is dead

By that logic, "Jordan, Minnesota" and half the Big Black catalogue sucks too.

Frankly, all of the Big Black EPs pretty much suck -- except for the song "Cables." They put out two great LPs though. "Atomizer" and "Songs..."
http://www.myspace.com/markcyst
http://www.myspace.com/birthingofmillions

"I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around." --James Beard
circusking
galloping gourmet
galloping gourmet

Postby Foldyourarmsandsaynah on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 pm

I too will be at the Virginia Beach show. Some advice, since I noticed you're from Wilmington. Park at the municipal lot on 19th and Pacific. It's a block from the venue and WAY cheaper than the parking across the street. Like $10 cheaper.

See you there,

Chris
Marsupialized wrote:Why is asshole fucking limited to those over 45? That's bullshit.

steve wrote:Well I know nothing about being a Jew, so I don't tend to pass judgment on how you conduct your child killing rituals or whatever.
Foldyourarmsandsaynah
stu ungar
stu ungar

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:46 am

Steve V. wrote:Dear Coach's Corner

HOLY. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

This record is going to slay!

Thanks for the heads up on the tracks dude.
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby Foldyourarmsandsaynah on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInpABBbg8o

"Supporting Caste" track. Gnarly.
Marsupialized wrote:Why is asshole fucking limited to those over 45? That's bullshit.

steve wrote:Well I know nothing about being a Jew, so I don't tend to pass judgment on how you conduct your child killing rituals or whatever.
Foldyourarmsandsaynah
stu ungar
stu ungar

Postby Foldyourarmsandsaynah on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah but you should still donate to that health care non profit they have as an option, seems pretty neat! Just think, $2 and you can have an mp3 version of the song!

Foldyourarmsandsaynah
stu ungar
stu ungar

Postby Mama Clortho on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Anyone got the new album yet? I picked it up this morning. I've only heard it a couple of times. Pretty, preeeeetty good.

I read an interview with Chris in a local street press. He said they wanted to make a much looser and rawer record but the producer wouldn't have it. I wish they would stop going to pop punk jingle merchants. It least it sounds better than the last one, i guess.

I saw them live last week. Todd had lost his voice so there were none of his songs for the entire tour. I try not to be a judgmental person, however, the crowd was unbelievable. I felt sorry for the band. They were pretty bewildered.

Then they all sing along to Rock for..., Motor League and Less talk...
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby Mama Clortho on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Also, I swear "Come to the Sabbat" is Chris' entry in the EA song-writing challenge.
Mama Clortho
the white ho
the white ho

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:48 am

09 is gonna be a good year for shows.

Shellac, Propagandhi, the Jesus Lizard.

I'm pumped as shit. I can't wait to score the Supporting Caste vinyl.
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 pm

In about 2 hours I'm about to finally get my hands on a copy of Supporting Caste.

Fuck. the WORLD!
AnthonyVillalobos

Postby AnthonyVillalobos on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:40 am

Steve V. wrote:
AnthonyVillalobos wrote:In about 2 hours I'm about to finally get my hands on a copy of Supporting Caste.

Fuck. the WORLD!

I bought the vinyl last night, despite having pre-ordered it. Oh well, fuck it. Shit looks and sounds fucking great.

I was just about to ask how you got the vinyl but you just saw them on the eastcoast I bet.

You lucky motherfucker.

This record is killing me. It's so fucking good.
AnthonyVillalobos

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap