Makes it a lot more interesting though.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Re: Snub: Chewbacca Not Getting A Medal At The End Of Star Wars

Postby 2207 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 am

All this fuss about the Wookie.

I think there's a bigger sexism issue going on at the end of the film. The blokes get nice solid gold medals and all Prince Leia got was a pearl necklace.
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby milkandtaxes on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 am

6079smith wrote:What would they pin it to? Fur?

I feel like this may be the only reason he didn't receive a medal. Seriously.
☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆shoes foundation for poor kids☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆
milkandtaxes
junkballer
junkballer

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:08 am

milkandtaxes wrote:

The medals were hung with ribbon, not pinned.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby milkandtaxes on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:38 am

jimmy two hands wrote:
milkandtaxes wrote:

The medals were hung with ribbon, not pinned.

Oh, okay, haha. I saw the movie one time when I was like ten, so, I had no idea.
☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆shoes foundation for poor kids☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤❤¸.•*¨*•☆
milkandtaxes
junkballer
junkballer

Postby jimmy two hands on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

Maybe he's storing a bunch of small medals in that bullet-belt thing, whatever they're called. I mean he's not going to store crossbow laser bullets in it is he?

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands

Postby Charlie D on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:22 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:... that bullet-belt thing, whatever they're called...
Bandolier.
Charlie D
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Location: Whittier Neighborhood, Powderhorn Community, Minneapolis, MN

Postby greg on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 am

You know Chewbacca's a chick right?
greg
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby wookiepuss on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:18 am

My husband reads this forum all the time and pointed this one out to me. Long time reader, first time poster.

I think he should have gotten a medal, but he did get the last line in the movie, so that's something.
wookiepuss
troll
troll

Postby BeanChilla on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 pm

iembalm wrote:
BeanChilla wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:It's pretty obvious to me why he did not get the medal.
Let's see, what is it about Chewbacca that is different than the other members of the group? Hmmm, what is it? What could it be?
Oh, that's right, he's the only MUSLIM of the group. How odd that he is not honored like the Christian members of the party. How strange that he is treated as some sort of second class citizen, like his efforts were not worthy of reward.
Personally, I admire his restraint. He would have been well within his rights to blow every one of those white devils to bits.

His restraint is admirable, however I believe he was totally in his right mind to "pull people's arms out of their sockets... Wookiees are known to do that"

In the words of Obi-Wan Kenobi "Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee"

I haven't been as offended by anything in my life as I was the ending to a new hope.

SAG'd Your Post.

This will be fixed, i'm sorry if i offended anyone.
I'd put that on my nuts.
BeanChilla
ambulance chaser
ambulance chaser

Postby Awesome_Komodo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:16 pm

wookiepuss wrote:I think he should have gotten a medal, but he did get the last line in the movie, so that's something.
Chewbacca quotes!
Here comes the pissball, shithead - get ready!
Awesome_Komodo
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture
Master of Lit., Arts, & Architecture

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Tom wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:Also how come the Vader and Obi-wan light saber duel is so pathetic in IV? They can't be that out of practice. And it can't be on account of age, when Count Dooku was an 80-something doing backflips and shit.

Just cos there wasn't a lot of whiz bang pow doesn't mean it was pathetic. They were concentration. Really Really Hard.

Count Dookie needed to do back flips and shit. Obi & Darth are so good that they can win duels by just sticking out their arms and going poke poke poke. Or... at least Darth can.

Darth wasn't concentrating hard enough to totally waste Obi-wan when he did a really slow 360 turn during the duel and he could have saber-poked him in the back of the head. No, Darth was concentrating on a wicked comeback to that wicked burn from Obi about beaing a master of evil, he was all like "Oh Snap! I told him I was the master, and he go and call me the master of evil, how am I gonna come up with something to top that, maybe I'll be all like, yeah, your mom didn't call me the master of evil last night when I was bangin' her in - oh shit I totally could have just killed him right there when he turned his back to me in the middle of a two second geezer spin! Day-umm!"

A Jedi Master and a Sith Lord should be able to throw down some wicked burns while saber dueling, and they couldn't, so they were totally out of practice.

jimmy two hands

Postby El Protoolio on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:21 pm

jimmy two hands wrote:
Tom wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:Also how come the Vader and Obi-wan light saber duel is so pathetic in IV? They can't be that out of practice. And it can't be on account of age, when Count Dooku was an 80-something doing backflips and shit.

Just cos there wasn't a lot of whiz bang pow doesn't mean it was pathetic. They were concentration. Really Really Hard.

Count Dookie needed to do back flips and shit. Obi & Darth are so good that they can win duels by just sticking out their arms and going poke poke poke. Or... at least Darth can.

Darth wasn't concentrating hard enough to totally waste Obi-wan when he did a really slow 360 turn during the duel and he could have saber-poked him in the back of the head. No, Darth was concentrating on a wicked comeback to that wicked burn from Obi about beaing a master of evil, he was all like "Oh Snap! I told him I was the master, and he go and call me the master of evil, how am I gonna come up with something to top that, maybe I'll be all like, yeah, your mom didn't call me the master of evil last night when I was bangin' her in - oh shit I totally could have just killed him right there when he turned his back to me in the middle of a two second geezer spin! Day-umm!"

A Jedi Master and a Sith Lord should be able to throw down some wicked burns while saber dueling, and they couldn't, so they were totally out of practice.

Don't worry, this will all be redone once Lucas inevitably gets the technology to do so.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 pm

El Protoolio wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:
Tom wrote:

Don't worry, this will all be redone once Lucas inevitably gets the technology to do so.

It will not be fixed, they couldn't even add the red glow to Darth's light sabre when you see him from a distance right before Luke shoots out the blast doors before they reboard the Millenium Falcon, but they can make Greedo shoot first. What is it with directors redoing CGI and forgeting to make with the glowey swords? LIke with the Fellowship of the Ring directors cut they can't make Gandalfs sword glow when the orcs show up in Moria? Make with the goddamn glowey swords you fuckers!

jimmy two hands

Postby El Protoolio on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 am

El Protoolio wrote:
jimmy two hands wrote:A Jedi Master and a Sith Lord should be able to throw down some wicked burns while saber dueling, and they couldn't, so they were totally out of practice.

jimmy two hands wrote:It will not be fixed, they couldn't even add the red glow to Darth's light sabre when you see him from a distance right before Luke shoots out the blast doors before they reboard the Millenium Falcon, but they can make Greedo shoot first. What is it with directors redoing CGI and forgeting to make with the glowey swords? LIke with the Fellowship of the Ring directors cut they can't make Gandalfs sword glow when the orcs show up in Moria? Make with the goddamn glowey swords you fuckers!

He will never stop tweaking
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Antero on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 am

Tom wrote:

More to the point, the prequels are completely fucking tasteless and classless. The lightsabers in the original had weight because they didn't come out at the drop of a hat - the sounds were deep and gave the impression of power and danger. The Force in the original was mystical and zen-like - it was about knowledge and perception, not bullshit mutant superpowers.

Also, if you're playing with some sort of coherent plasma blade that is going to chop off and cauterize anything unfortunate enough to touch it, you'd naturally plan your movements much more carefully.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Red Square on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:12 am

Antero wrote:
Tom wrote:

More to the point, the prequels are completely fucking tasteless and classless. The lightsabers in the original had weight because they didn't come out at the drop of a hat - the sounds were deep and gave the impression of power and danger. The Force in the original was mystical and zen-like - it was about knowledge and perception, not bullshit mutant superpowers.

Also, if you're playing with some sort of coherent plasma blade that is going to chop off and cauterize anything unfortunate enough to touch it, you'd naturally plan your movements much more carefully.

solid points, they did seem to be far more careless and lackadaisical concerning their handling and interaction with the light sabers...
Aztec Black Box

jimmy two hands wrote:Sexy existential dread
Red Square
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby alex maiolo on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

enframed wrote:It's crap that he didn't get one, but Chewy don't give a fuck.

That's what I was thinking.
Dude can crush marble with his bare hands.
The whities with the inferiority complex need the medals.

-A
dontfeartheringo wrote:If $100 is too much for you to spend on a microphone maybe you should find a new hobby. People like you seem to like Magic: The Gathering a lot.
alex maiolo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap