Entombed?

CRAP
9%
NOT CRAP
91%

Total votes : 33

Re: Band: Entombed

Postby Bernardo on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Last edited by Bernardo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Bernardo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:34 pm

ugh:

http://www.metalpaths.com/news/2013/09/ ... rformance/

Original ENTOMBED members Alex Hellid (guitar), Ulf “Uffe” Cederlund (guitar) and Nicke Andersson (drums) will rejoin forces to perform the band’s classic second album, “Clandestine” (1991), on February 1, 2014 at Gävle Konserthus in Gävle, Sweden. They will be backed by the 65-piece Gävle Symphonic Orchestra and a 40-piece choir.

And to top it off, not that their last record was worth a shit:

Alex Hellid did not participate in the writing and recording of “Back To The Front”, the recently completed album by a completely different band calling itself ENTOMBED, featuring vocalist — and sole original member — Lars Göran Petrov alongside Olle Dahlstedt (drums), Nico Elgstrand (guitar) and Victor Brandt (bass).

The remaining original member is the singer, who I don't think ever wrote any of the music.
Last edited by Bernardo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernardo

Postby Bro Shark on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah. It's becoming yet another modern trademark battle, with parallel bands operating under the same name. Joy.

The news of Uffe/Alx/Nicke reuniting (and playing Clanedestine (!!!)) should bring tears of joy but that orchestral stuff is so bizarre it only adds to the confusion.
Bro Shark
bear
bear

Postby Bernardo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:16 pm

As much as I love that record, if the news were that the band would get together for a "square" version of the record they would still not move me. The orchestra thing is just embarassing. Listen to this:

I'd rather get a new Death Breath record.
Last edited by Bernardo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernardo

Postby BobbyPeru on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Or even Black Breath for that matter..
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby countwatula on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:29 am

Bernardo wrote:As much as I love that record, if the news were that the band would get together for a "square" version of the record they would still not move me. The orchestra thing is just embarassing. Listen to this:

I'd rather get a new Death Breath record.

2013 and metal bands still can't tell when they're pulling a Spinal Tap.
That makes me an angry boy.
countwatula
geese ausbie
geese ausbie

Postby Bro Shark on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 pm

These guys were fucking incredible back in the day. So good.

Bro Shark
bear
bear

Postby BobbyPeru on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Ok I can't stop listening to Left Hand Path lately. Guitars are so crushing, perfect tempo, just everything works for me. Also not overly difficult to learn on guitar. I just need an HM-2 :)
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby M.H on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Clandestine is a flawless record. One of the few death metal bands that had the chops to groove, not just thrash. They were always a million miles ahead of the rest of the Swedish scene, IMO.

Later efforts are less effective, but I'll give them props for successfully mixing heavy rock tropes w/ their specific take on death metal without sounding like they were just referencing classic rock cliches in an attempt to broaden the fan base. (*cough*Carcass*cough*Swansong*cough*)

N.C
M.H
kofi annan
kofi annan

Postby gjp on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:26 am

The opening riff to "Wolverine Blues" is possibly the greatest opening riff of all time.

NC.
gjp
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby taylor swiftboat orgy on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 am

Bernardo wrote:ugh:

http://www.metalpaths.com/news/2013/09/ ... rformance/

Original ENTOMBED members Alex Hellid (guitar), Ulf “Uffe” Cederlund (guitar) and Nicke Andersson (drums) will rejoin forces to perform the band’s classic second album, “Clandestine” (1991), on February 1, 2014 at Gävle Konserthus in Gävle, Sweden. They will be backed by the 65-piece Gävle Symphonic Orchestra and a 40-piece choir.

And to top it off, not that their last record was worth a shit:

Alex Hellid did not participate in the writing and recording of “Back To The Front”, the recently completed album by a completely different band calling itself ENTOMBED, featuring vocalist — and sole original member — Lars Göran Petrov alongside Olle Dahlstedt (drums), Nico Elgstrand (guitar) and Victor Brandt (bass).

The remaining original member is the singer, who I don't think ever wrote any of the music.

I never knew about this and I have to update my Adobe Flash so I can't listen to it. Lucky me, I guess but, regardless, this just from read must be a tick, no, rather a huge fucking gouge in the crap column.
taylor swiftboat orgy
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby taylor swiftboat orgy on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm

phpBB [media]

What did the charcoal say to the diamond?
Some things don't grow back.

ugh with a god dammit, aww fuck man.
Hey at least the Black N Roll stuff they did with transparency, this is a mail in to cash in on kids who don't know shit about death metal.
taylor swiftboat orgy
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby goatlord on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 am

Just for the early albums, they earn a NOT CRAP for life. I can't really think of any of the famous early death metal band who I'll call CRAP. Left Hand Path also has some of the best hardcore punk riffs ever.
YES YES YES YES RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD RECORD When in doubt, treat it as a record. Call your Records - Horse_ebooks
goatlord

Postby Bro Shark on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:22 pm

For a long time I worshiped Clandestine as the pinnacle. But it is apparent to me now that Left Hand Path in fact is the perfect Entombed record. It's all there, the tone, the riffs, the energy, the tempos. It just barrels through at exactly the right pace. Considering they were teenagers when they wrote it, fucking amazing. Timeless record.

What became of them in recent years is just sad. I guess it keeps LG from having to get a job but I'd rather listen to a dental drill.
Bro Shark
bear
bear

Postby taylor swiftboat orgy on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 pm

better late
than never

Image clandestine
Image 2 complicated
left hand path Image
no fucking off Image
taylor swiftboat orgy
freelance sperm donor
freelance sperm donor

Postby BobbyPeru on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Bro Shark wrote:For a long time I worshiped Clandestine as the pinnacle. But it is apparent to me now that Left Hand Path in fact is the perfect Entombed record. It's all there, the tone, the riffs, the energy, the tempos. It just barrels through at exactly the right pace. Considering they were teenagers when they wrote it, fucking amazing. Timeless record.

this.
BobbyPeru
huey newton
huey newton

Postby jakethesnake on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Not that it matters or anything at this point BUT the "reunion"-show (=Nicke, Alex, Ulf-no LG) a few months ago on a fucking cruise was ace; they actually sounded better now than 25 years ago when they tended to be to drunk and/or sloppy...
jakethesnake
crate
crate

Postby Seby on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 pm

I am listening to Left Hand Path right now, and it is one of those albums where the riffs just keep getting better with every track. It is weirdly funky...funky in a good non-funky kind of way that is....
Seby
charlotte rae
charlotte rae

Postby numberthirty on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:32 pm

Seby wrote:I am listening to Left Hand Path right now, and it is one of those albums where the riffs just keep getting better with every track. It is weirdly funky...funky in a good non-funky kind of way that is....

J. from White Zombie used to call this something like the "Angel Of Death Breakdown Funk".

The Bomb Squad seemingly agreed.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Plastic Eggs on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Plastic Eggs wrote:I like Entombed, but "Into the Grave" smokes anything they've ever done.

Whoops, I meant Dismember's "Like An Everflowing Stream," though that first Grave album is good growling caveman death.

"Left Hand Path" is indeed the pinnacle, though the songwriting on "Clandestine" is superior and more interesting in structure. The only thing that hurts "Clandestine" is the vocals. Imagine if LG didn't leave for that brief period and was one "Clandestine." Or if the Entombed guys tapped Matti Karki.
Plastic Eggs
gus hansen
gus hansen

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap