home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

Band: Mclusky

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Mclusky?

Crap
22
16%
not crap
119
84%
 
Total votes : 141

Postby Antero on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:08 am

BadComrade wrote:Here is a live Mclusky show from postpunkjunk.com.

I don't like this band, so I haven't listented to it and can't tell you how the "quality" is. I know a lot of you people like them, so I figured I'd link to this for you.
That's bloody nice of you.
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover
 
Posts: 11392
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Hustle City, CA

Postby hogrot on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:45 pm

thanks much for the video BC.

blinduncledallas wrote:I personally think he is the best bass player I have ever seen live. Full of crazy energy and a huge sound!


Agreed. Shame he didn't enjoy playing mclusky bass lines. I really am digging his "girls music" track but I still like falco's new stuff better.
strap-on wrote:74 inches of pleasure.
hogrot
bobcat goldthwait
bobcat goldthwait
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:57 pm
Location: Jersey

Postby stuffy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:15 pm

hogrot wrote:I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else so I spambot: http://www.myspace.com/futureoftheleft


Forgot to return and thank you for this. As a result I'm going to see them at the 100 club on the 30th of January. They also have a single coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Left

http://www.toopure.com/futureoftheleft/
User avatar
stuffy
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:30 am
Location: Brixton, London

Postby hip priest on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:55 pm

McLusky were a bit crap. I really don't understand the high regard they were/are held in. They had some vaguely amusing lyrics, but they always struck me as poseurs. Musically, I find them extremely uninspired. Both of the new bands are crap as well.

Furthermore, I suspect most people on here would never have heard McLusky had they not recorded at Electrical.
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.
User avatar
hip priest
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex

Postby Barry Shostakovitch on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:04 pm

I agree. 60 (!) people voting NC. They weren't that good.
Barry Shostakovitch
dock ellis
dock ellis
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:02 am
Location: London, England

Postby stuffy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:24 pm

hip priest wrote:Furthermore, I suspect most people on here would never have heard McLusky had they not recorded at Electrical.


That's a tad unfair. If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not wanted to come to electrical.
User avatar
stuffy
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:30 am
Location: Brixton, London

Postby hip priest on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:29 pm

stuffy wrote:
That's a tad unfair. If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not wanted to come to electrical.


I'm sorry, what?
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.
User avatar
hip priest
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex

Postby Adam CR on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:03 pm

hip priest wrote:
I'm sorry, what?


+1.
On a steel horse I ride.
User avatar
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Lincoln, UK

Postby stuffy on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Adam CR wrote:
hip priest wrote:
I'm sorry, what?


+1.


Sorry, that didn't make sense. What I meant to write was...

If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not known about electrical.

Please accept my apologies... bit thick ...upbringing ....
User avatar
stuffy
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:30 am
Location: Brixton, London

Postby hip priest on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:08 pm

stuffy wrote:
Adam CR wrote:
hip priest wrote:
I'm sorry, what?


+1.


Sorry, that didn't make sense. What I meant to write was...

If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not known about electrical.

Please accept my apologies... bit thick ...upbringing ....


And your point is?

Mine was that McLusky would never have enjoyed the acclaim of the majority of this board had they not recorded at Electrical.
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.
User avatar
hip priest
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex

Postby sunlore on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:22 pm

They were *very* mediocre when I saw them. I tried to listen for something, but it just wasn't there.

I voted CRAP.
sunlore
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:11 am
Location: NL

Postby stuffy on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 pm

hip priest wrote:
stuffy wrote:
Adam CR wrote:
hip priest wrote:
I'm sorry, what?


+1.


Sorry, that didn't make sense. What I meant to write was...

If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not known about electrical.

Please accept my apologies... bit thick ...upbringing ....




And your point is?

Mine was that McLusky would never have enjoyed the acclaim of the majority of this board had they not recorded at Electrical.


My point is that I don't agree with you.

I was pointing out that you opinion was somewhat unfair and that there critical acclaim doesn't just come from this messageboard. Also that the only reson they are admired is because they recorded with Steve at electrical.

Scout Nibblet recorded at electrical and I'd rather have a teas spoon worked slowly up my behind than listen to any of her recorded output ever again. Why would you like a band just because they recorded at electrical?
User avatar
stuffy
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:30 am
Location: Brixton, London

Postby hip priest on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:37 pm

stuffy wrote: Why would you like a band just because they recorded at electrical?


Um, I wouldn't.
daniel robert chapman wrote:The biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased cunts.
User avatar
hip priest
World War 11 Veteran
World War 11 Veteran
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Enfield, Middlesex

Postby stuffy on Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:53 am

Exactly my point, so why would anyone else, majority of the board or otherwise?
User avatar
stuffy
bocce bowler
bocce bowler
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:30 am
Location: Brixton, London

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:43 am

hip priest wrote:
stuffy wrote:
Adam CR wrote:
hip priest wrote:
I'm sorry, what?


+1.


Sorry, that didn't make sense. What I meant to write was...

If it hadn't been for John Peel then most of us wouldn't have heard them (over here) and without John Peel then McLusky and all who have sailed at Electrical from the UK may have never heard (of) Steve's handy work and therefore not known about electrical.

Please accept my apologies... bit thick ...upbringing ....




And your point is?

Mine was that McLusky would never have enjoyed the acclaim of the majority of this board had they not recorded at Electrical.


that's bullshit.
Last edited by emmanuelle cunt on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
User avatar
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:05 pm

Postby emmanuelle cunt on Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 am

double post.
Last edited by emmanuelle cunt on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caix wrote:^ more like "a manual vagina."
User avatar
emmanuelle cunt
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:05 pm

Postby sunlore on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:14 am

hip priest wrote:And your point is?

Mine was that McLusky would never have enjoyed the acclaim of the majority of this board had they not recorded at Electrical.


emmanuelle cunt wrote:that's bullshit.


It's sort of presumptuous, but that doesn't take away from the fat that McLusky are exactly nothing special.
sunlore
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:11 am
Location: NL

Postby steve on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:47 am

It escapes me how any rock music fan that understands english could fail to appreciate this band.

They're not the Fall, but they're like the Fall in that way.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electricalaudio dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.
User avatar
steve
Present-day God
Present-day God
 
Posts: 9354
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:25 pm
Location: chicago

Postby sunlore on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am

steve wrote:It escapes me how any rock music fan that understands english could fail to appreciate this band.


Granted, those were some pretty good witticisms there. And the roadie with the *cough* tool belt, he was funny, too.

Unfortunatly, after all the giggles, I still stood unimpressed.
sunlore
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
 
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:11 am
Location: NL

Postby Adam CR on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:29 am

steve wrote:It escapes me how any rock music fan that understands english could fail to appreciate this band.


Perhaps it's a language thing; maybe what Americans (and others) see as lyrical genius, Brits see as being not much more than a succession of colloquialisms and phrases du jour...

Certainly I think that some of what non-Brits might consider to be beautiful examples of surrealism are in fact just references to British popular culture.
On a steel horse I ride.
User avatar
Adam CR
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
 
Posts: 3014
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Lincoln, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], JohnnyDoglands, leeplusplus and 19 guests