Idiot - Donald Trump

Crappier
9%
Crappiest
91%

Total votes : 168

Re: Idiot - Donald Trump

Postby tmidgett on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:11 am

Andrew. wrote:I don't have TV (watch everything in other ways) but I've had some hotel stays for work recently, and I'll put on CNN in the room. Jesus. People get played so hard. I follow American politics but not via the corporate news cycle. The 24-hr-pay-attention cycle that CNN, Rachel Maddow, etc, perform is business. It's private profit. And it lacks good analysis and perspectives that are freely and widely available so many other places.

I watch MSNBC, but this is 100% correct.

Look no further than:

the hagiographic coverage of dead GHWB
glorifying cops (Mueller and every ex-CIA/FBI redass they have on)
glorifying career military (Mattis and every ex-military redass they have on)

Not to mention all the handwaving about withdrawing from Syria (illegal war) and drawing down troops in Afghanistan (pointless war).
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:24 am

n.c. wrote:russian bots ^

I don't know whether to laugh at a dry joke, or tell you to go fuck yourself. If you could clear it up that would be seasonal. Cheers.
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby jimmy spako on Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:14 am

In his telling, TYT''s Cenk Yugur got pushed out of MSNBC after performing well because he was explicitly told to tone down the Obama criticism coming from a further left/progressive stance. He was told people in D.C. were not pleased with it. The network claimed the criticism was about style and not substance. Cenk is rough around the edges, as much on purpose as by nature, but he was doing well in the ratings. I would tend to believe his account.

See also the silencing of Phil Donahue in the the run-up to the Iraq War.

They are largely partisan hacks, Maddow included from what I have seen of her over the last years (used to listen to her old Air America show consistently). Ari Melbourne seems alright at times, Chris Hayes too, but they are the big exceptions. There's no reason to watch that shit, there are so many other things out there that also recap the news or the horse race and give more insight and pushback across the board.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby curry pervert on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:43 pm

This is a good, if rather long, read.

https://newleftreview.org/II/114/dylan- ... idiRWXB0Ow
curry pervert
airliner
airliner

Postby n.c. on Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 am

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:
n.c. wrote:russian bots ^

I don't know whether to laugh at a dry joke, or tell you to go fuck yourself. If you could clear it up that would be seasonal. Cheers.

keep wondering.
numberthirty wrote:No one is giving Frankenstein's Monster a cup of booze just because they have shifted from a CD burner to an interface and a computer.
n.c.
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:14 am

n.c. wrote:keep wondering.

Go fuck yourself.
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Boombats on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:06 am

come on, people
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Boombats on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 pm

This is trippy

warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Anthony Flack on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 am

In my efforts to better understand the human condition, I regularly have to contend with facts like the recent polling which says that a whopping 51% of Americans blame Trump for the government shutdown, which is like learning that 51% of Americans hold Bowser responsible for kidnapping Princess Peach.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Andrew. on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:11 am

askii wrote:
Andrew. wrote:Jesus. People get played so hard.

Guy in the mailroom at work, we talk politics a lot [*ahem* while strictly complying with the Hatch Act *ahem*]. Smart, thoughtful dude, early 50s, has lived and worked all over and seen things. MSNBC is a staple of his media diet; I don't think I've seen an hour of Maddow, total. We're on the same page far more than not, but the difference in emphasis is telling. The other day he bet me ten bucks that not only will the House impeach, but the Senate will convict. "OK, so we settle up January 21, 2021?" I asked. "No way," he replied, "end of next summer at the latest!" Told him I was not looking forward to taking his money. Turns out I'm the second person in the lab to take this wager.

Even public broadcasting here (with notable exceptions) is regularly maddening. Ben Bernanke was on NPR yesterday, and after five minutes of ego massage, the host gives him a happy ending by asking how often people come up to him on the street to thank him for saving the economy. Later in the show, interviewing a Yellow Vest, the same host stammers in befuddlement So...I mean, you got your way on the carbon tax, and you're still not satisfied? I mean, what is it that you want?

And these are the non-fake mainstream broadcast media! Half the country gets its news from the Dear Leader himself, either directly or via surrogates!

Doug Henwood wrote:The BuzzFeed story about Trump telling Cohen to lie was front page material in the print NYT yesterday. Mueller’s denial is on p. 11 today.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby askii on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:23 am

Anthony Flack wrote:In my efforts to better understand the human condition, I regularly have to contend with facts like the recent polling which says that a whopping 51% of Americans blame Trump for the government shutdown, which is like learning that 51% of Americans hold Bowser responsible for kidnapping Princess Peach.

On a slightly less despair-inducing note, it seems Trump himself has finally succeeded where his opposition has thus far failed: weakening his support among his base.

NPR wrote:
  • Down significantly among suburban men, a net-positive approval rating of 51-to-39 percent to a net-negative of 42 percent approve, 48 percent disapprove. That's a net change of down 18 percentage points.
  • Down a net of 13 points among white evangelicals, from 73-to-17 percent approve to 66-to-23 percent approve.
  • Down a net of 10 points among Republicans, from 90-to-7 percent approve to 83-to-10 percent.
  • Down marginally among white men without a college degree, from 56-to-34 percent approve to 50-to-35 percent approve, a net change downward of 7 points.

There's a poetic symmetry in this poll being released the same week as the WSJ story about Michael Cohen's unsuccessful attempts to inflate Trump's numbers during the GOP primary by bribing pollsters with Walmart bags of cash.
askii
rodeo clown
rodeo clown

Postby bishopdante on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... us-revival

"Law, 77, acknowledged that now would be a good time for Spitting Image to return. But it would not happen in the UK. “I’ve got about 10 or 15 years if I’m lucky. Do I want to spend it repeating Spitting Image as it was? No. I want to be somewhere you can do what you want, and that would be on the net or pay-for-view. I don’t need some halfwit at ITV or the BBC telling us what you can or can’t do. I’m too old.”

Law said the essence of Spitting Image was basically Punch and Judy.

“Punch was an alcoholic wife-beating racist who abused children. Children of five fucking love him.”
Code: Select all
01100011 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01110101 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011
bishopdante
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby Boombats on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm

bishopdante wrote:“Punch was an alcoholic wife-beating racist who abused children. Children of five fucking love him.”

Hahaha that's great. I like this guy
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Clyde on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 pm

These are still dark times but can we take a moment to celebrate that dipshit getting massively owned on the shutdown. Fuck yeah, Sara Nelson!

NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde

Postby Big John on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am

Bumped for the Cohen testimony today which seems particularly damming.

The opening statement which is printed in the Times this morning including the picture of the check to reimburse for Stormy Daniels hush money.
Big John
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby Me Again on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 am

popcorn.gif
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby jimmy spako on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 am

This one is certainly a highlight:

Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako

Postby bishopdante on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 am

For a moment I was concerned that youtube might have permanently switched off embedding videos outside the youtube website, or worse still restricting content to just the youtube app.

And worse still... it was the donald wot did it! Look, there he is!

Turns out youtube only dropped Flash... which has killed support across the board for loads of embedded videos.

All these centrally-owned corporate services could pull the plug or crash the car any time on an entire global market of users. All that has to happen is that somebody in finance makes a few big mistakes, or that somebody cooks a massive conglomerate-sized management-led turkey farm in a building somewhere, which results in profit-seeking dominoes cascading through the company.

Myspace is a prime example of a lot of culture/content gone in a puff of smoke.
Code: Select all
01100011 01101111 01101110 01100111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01110101 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011
bishopdante
Master Of The Computer
Master Of The Computer

Postby warmowski on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Golly, the details on this Cubbies event sure came out late in the process, didn't they? I WONDER WHY

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... staff-cubs

WASHINGTON — The highest rollers to President Donald Trump’s re-election drive — chaired by Cubs co-owner Todd Ricketts — hit Chicago Friday for a “Trump Victory Committee Summer Retreat” featuring White House Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and Interior Secretary David Bernhardt, capped with a Saturday game at Wrigley Field.

All of the retreat political events take place at the Four Seasons Hotel, 120 E. Delaware Place.

On Saturday night, these top donors head to Wrigley for the Cubs-Cardinals game. Before that, there will be a reception near Wrigley at the American Airlines Conference Center, 1101 W. Waveland Ave.

Besides Mulvaney and Bernhardt, in office only since April 11, the other “special guests” listed in the invitation include another Cubs co-owner and GOP Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts; Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont.; Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., and his wife; FOX News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy; and top officials from the GOP Senate and House political operations.

Except for Todd Ricketts, a Wilmette resident, no one from the Illinois Republican political world is listed on the invite. Trump is deeply unpopular in Illinois, one of the bluest states in the nation.

The retreat provides the contributors face time with notables in the GOP and Trump orbits. The organizers are sensitive that the remarks of the White House and congressional officials may leak. The invitation states “no cell phones, Apple Watches, or IPads are permitted” during the retreat and “all audio and video recording is strictly prohibited.”

Another Cubs co-owner, Laura Ricketts, is a major Democrat donor and fundraiser. For years, Republican and Democratic political operations have routinely hosted fundraising events at Wrigley Field.

In order to preserve the legal fiction that the retreat is not connected to raising money, the invitation states that Mulvaney and Bernhardt are “special guests for this event and their participation is not a solicitation of funds.”

Creating a “retreat” — and this is true for Democrats and Republicans — is a perk to stroke the best donors. That’s why there is no price tag to attend. They don’t have to be solicited. Most are eligible to attend because they have already given or pledged significant support.

Attendees at the retreat, first disclosed by Axios, will be able to attend panels on “winning in 2020,” “messages and the media” as well as “leadership initiative training.”
warmowski
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 pm

The fact that he is of subnormal intelligence is well understood, but every so often it is still striking to observe just how much thicker than pigshit he really is. Prince Charles spent a whole ninety minutes wasting his breath explaining climate change to Trump, and literally the very next day he demonstrates that he still doesn't actually understand what the climate is, or what the issue is with it.

"What did [Charles] say to you about climate change?” Morgan asked.

“What he really wants and what he really feels warmly about is the future,” Trump replied. “He wants to make sure future generations have climate that is good climate, as opposed to a disaster. And I agree.

“I did mention a couple of things,” Trump continued. “I did say, well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are, based on all statistics, and it’s even getting better. Because I agree with that. I want the best water, the cleanest water. Crystal clean, has to be crystal clean air.”

I mean sure he is a liar and a sociopath, but why did he have to be so damn stupid? It just rubs salt in the wound. He's too dumb to fake it and it doesn't even matter.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap