26%
NOT CRAP
74%

Total votes : 42

Re: Podcast: Chapo Trap House

Postby Boombats on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

don't take no shit rayword45
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Clyde on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:
ooop wrote:It is remarkable to see how much you all hate these two women, largely based upon things they have absolutely never said or done, but which you would like pretend they have.

Right on. It’s as if we’re not reading an interview but some sort of Rorschach test. These replies are pure fucking projection and if Frost would have responded without a sliver of personality I doubt the piece would have even found its way to this forum.

It's wild to me that the two of you are defending people who deny the importance of identity politics and revel in vulgarity by...engaging in the cheapest kind of idpol and decrying vulgar responses.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby ooop on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:58 pm

rayword45 wrote:
ooop wrote:
rayword45 wrote:I really don't give a fuck she can choke and die.

Very good look, my friend. That's a *great* way to talk about women you don't like.

nah I'd say the same thing about any of the other Chapos espousing this racist fucking drivel. Choke. And. Die.

ooop wrote:It is remarkable to see how much you all hate these two women, largely based upon things they have absolutely never said or done, but which you would like pretend they have.

lmfao so the interview, the screenshot of Instagram, and the mentions of cocaine on the podcast are all "absolutely never said or done" huh? You wanna accuse me or all of us of being sexist, whatever, but don't fucking whitewash their ignorance to race (I'm assuming you're white, I am ZERO PERCENT WHITE which is probably why I'm not a chapo/cumtown/red scare fan) or their defense of sexual predators.

Also, you're defending a TERF LMAO

OK, so who is a TERF? Amber? Anna? Where's the evidence? Where's the "racist fucking drivel"? I really want to know. Where did either of these women say "fuck minorities"? It's amazing how most of the posters in this thread are morally certain that these women are racist transphobes. Because, uh, they said they don't care for identity politics? Is that how it goes? I get how you might not agree with what either of them said in the interview, and I think giving an interview to Spiked is a dumb idea. But how do we go from "I don't like their political opinions, plus Amber occasionally makes references to drugs" to "these women are racist pieces of shit who I would like to see choke and die"?

I don't care for Anna, I think she's usually pretty dumb and I stopped listening to Red Scare a long while ago. But I don't know why hating her seems to be a badge of honor for seemingly every leftist with a computer. I think Amber is fine, but she attracts almost as much hate that I don't understand. I also don't listen to and don't care at all about Cum Town. And Antifada is just as stupid and ill-informed as Red Scare, except not funny.
ooop
edward r. murrow
edward r. murrow

Postby rayword45 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Sorry, Anna isn't a feminist, she's explicitly anti-feminist, so she's just a transphobe.

https://mobile.twitter.com/annakhachiya ... 6487129089
https://mobile.twitter.com/annakhachiya ... 2382661633

The sunburn bit in that interview is enough for me to call her a racist, or at the very least completely blinded by her white privilege. Plus the nonsense she said basically treating idpol and class as somehow antithetical to each other, and the STUPID shit she said about Antifa.

Re:Amber, besides appearing on the Koch rag, the dumb statement she made about "class only" in there (you're talking to someone who puts class above idpol, but, yknow, intersectionality exists), and the Louis CK shit she has a long history of dumb nuclear takes. Also, while her "ableism" is a point of contention, her utterly condescending response to that fiasco was the first time I said "fuck this person".
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby rayword45 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Perhaps it was unfair in my wording that I implied Amber was the racist one, as while she said dumb shit, it was nowhere near the level of Anna's whiteass fuckery
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby rayword45 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Look at Anna trying to talk down to a transgender scholar about trans people https://mobile.twitter.com/annakhachiya ... 2131186689

You see why I have a distaste for rich white people trying to dismiss race?
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby placeholder on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:20 pm

rayword45 and kokorodoko are correct here.

The racist, misogynist, and transphobic edgelord shit in that Koch-mag interview is a bad look. If your "leftism" involves dismissing or mocking marginalized people's lived experiences, it's not really leftist.
placeholder
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 pm

placeholder wrote:
If your "leftism" involves dismissing or mocking marginalized people's lived experiences, it's not really leftist.

Agreed. Making a name for yourself in part by being willing or even eager to mock sub-sections of the working class including trans, disabled, and Indigenous people is not a leftism I want any part of.

‘I fundamentally think they are disgusted and horrified by working-class people’, says Khachiyan. ‘Real women don’t live up to the liberal-feminist pieties’, adds Frost.

Say a couple Brooklyn Podcast Stars known for mocking people for being ugly and fat (and one of whom is the daughter of a famous Rutgers professor and the other is a grad student with an advice column who tours Europe w a multi-million-dollar podcast troupe). Lol

Just because you're reacting against liberal identity politics and being anti-PC doesn't mean you have good class politics. And these two setting themselves up as the arbiters of what constitutes good class politics in a Spiked puff piece is just laughable. Any Marxist who follows political media knows that Spiked is libertarian-linked contrarian trash. It's telling who Frost is willing to align with, unfortunately.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Antero on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Wait, I initially thought the Spiked article was just about them rather than being a thing that they knowingly participated it. Why the fuck would any leftist work with Spiked?
Is you crazy baby, I gots to grind
Antero
World's Greatest Lover
World's Greatest Lover

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Antero wrote:Wait, I initially thought the Spiked article was just about them rather than being a thing that they knowingly participated it. Why the fuck would any leftist work with Spiked?

They're just reaching out to the working class don't you know, unlike the poseurs to their left.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Boombats on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Chapo is eh... I like it when they read shitty Right-wing novels, and I agree with most of their politics, but the jokes are drawn out and unfunny, the nerdy references feel forced and the pop culture ironic lingo patter is awkward af.
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby kokorodoko on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:16 am

Andrew. wrote:Just because you're reacting against liberal identity politics and being anti-PC doesn't mean you have good class politics.

In fact it likely means the opposite. It doesn't mean much to offend a few uptight liberals, because Trump is already doing that, as is Milo, Ben Shapiro and the rest of them. Or Bill Maher, for that matter.

Now I don’t know Amber Frost apart from that article. Some of her other writings appear to have their heart in the right place, it is just that she sincerely believes that this kind of vulgarity is an attack on power, and that it would energize a democratic movement. My view is the opposite - I don’t see anything liberating in this. Having been pretty much raised in this environment, I have come to loathe it quite a bit. Frost says Trump speaks the language of the commoners, but contrast him with Bernie, who is using honest, direct language without the need for any clownery. It’s perfectly possible to be direct, impolite, even vicious, while being civil.

It’s the same problem with the rest of Chapo. Though their politics are probably sincere, it’s a lot of attitude and performance. The half-joking crudity that is their signum is to me their greatest fault. To me it signals complacency and apathy and needs to be left behind.

There was another article which I can’t find where one of the Chapo guys said essentially that polite, PC language is the language of the elite. But he should know that there is another aspiring elite around Donald Trump, and that this vulgarity is their language.
Boombats wrote:I keep thinking of smarter shit to say about him [Jordan Peterson], but my gut reaction is "this nigga gay"
kokorodoko
a² + b² = c²
a² + b² = c²

Postby Wood Goblin on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am

The notion that polite (or vulgar) behavior is shaped by ideology is just absurd. You may as well claim that blond hair is the hair of the liberal elite.
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby jimmy two hands on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Holy hell that interview is terrible. I was considering checking out Red Scare podcast after a few folks talked it up, but that article says all I need to know.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby BClark on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:22 pm

mrcancelled wrote:

one of the most insufferable parts of this interview is how much the two of them obviously adore Trump, despite poor attempts at disclaimers to say otherwise.

For Khachiyan, ‘You can say a lot of bad things about Donald Trump, but you can’t say the man is boring’.

says Frost: ‘The Republicans did not want Trump to win either… He was nobody’s first choice, except the American people’s, apparently.’

‘Trump should be an artist, not a politician’, she adds.

Liberals, suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, have been far too moralistic about the Trump vote, she argues

ok, uh, Amber and Anna... what the hell is wrong with you????

this is a very worrying trend, mostly among corporate media liberals, but also among some on the left. the barely secret adulation for him.

it's no secret that the corporations who own mainstream "liberal" media have greatly benefitted from Trump -- he saved their business model, several of those greying rags were on the verge of going broke before he gave them this new tool to cheaply grab people's attention and distract them. they are the worst offenders in pretending to hate him but really having a soft spot for him, and finding his fuckery cute.

not only did Trump save their business model, his tax cuts are a godsend for the corporations themselves, which not only explains this love/hate relationship but also explains the lack of political will mainstream democrats have to seriously fight his most plutocratic policies (the tax cuts, repealing dodd frank, etc). Pelosi's job at this point is basically to protect him on behalf of her donors.

ok, so for elite/corporate liberals, it's unsurprising when their soft spot for Trump shows.

but as for Amber and Anna, and the other few ostensibly on the left who are party to this, I can't for the life of me figure out where it comes from. secret conservatives? leftists with a self-hate thing? or as this article suggests, maybe closet racism and consequential idpol-cynicism that makes them feel validated by Trump?

it's quite a head scratcher for me. i mean, Amber purports to be concerned with "Marxist" analysis at the same time as she giggles about the saving graces she sees in Trump, almost in the same breath!! what in the hell?

furthermore, i don't actually know any of these people who fall into this bizarro category she represents, so it's like studying a peculiar mutant species to me.

EDIT: oh yeah... the Koch brothers, that's why. now I feel naive
I composed and produced the album California is Cold by Shahmen. Our song Poison has a video.
BClark
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Andrew. on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm

BClark wrote:EDIT: oh yeah... the Koch brothers, that's why. now I feel naive

Frost isn't part of some Koch brothers conspiracy, but she is happy to align w pseudo-leftist art star idiots like Khachiyan and libertarian-leaning contrarian rags like Spiked.

On the rest of the CTH crew:

Matt -- Some great analysis and rants from a charismatic autodidact historian, but arguably hobbled by the fact he has no experience in political organizing of any kind, ever, so he defaults to a cynical, defeatist position that's typical of some intellectuals.

Will -- the responsible, even-keeled upper-middle-class NYC social democrat who holds things together (if they were a band, he'd be the tour manager).

Felix -- the most broish one despite having a lisp and goofy ears. Also probably the most quippy. He's like a leftist Jewish fratboy, always kicking it.

Virgil -- the wry electoralist polling-guy nerd. Way too caught up in electoral politics to have much of a clue about social struggle more broadly (a very liberal trait), but pretty funny and self-aware.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby blackmarket on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Amber is about 6 months away from using the n-word openly and in public.
blackmarket
not wearing any pants
not wearing any pants

Postby Boombats on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm

blackmarket wrote:Amber is about 6 months away from using the n-word openly and in public.

Has she been on Rogan? She could do it on Rogan.

Rogan fucking sucks.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Andrew. on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Partway through the new Netroots Nation episode. The Chapo broze are good at following the nadir of bloodless liberal centrism as it spirals the drain (and how the Warren campaign offers hope to liberal technocrats who are more interested in redeeming capitalism through executive power than in fighting it through class struggle).
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am

blackmarket wrote:Amber is about 6 months away from using the n-word openly and in public.

oh bullshit
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dvockins wrote:Gold hardware means you are number one.
llllllllllllllllllllllll

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap