Not Krap
78%

Total votes : 9

Band: Kreator

Postby dvockins on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 am

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Last edited by dvockins on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dvockins
bill buckner
bill buckner

Re: Band: Kreator

Postby numberthirty on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 pm

It seems like the album Renewal was decent.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby brephophagist on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 am

I liked Coma of Souls; haven't heard much else.

Enpoll this sucker so I can vote NC!
brephophagist
the white ho
the white ho

Postby jakethesnake on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 am

Niot crap, a favorite back in the day. The run from "Pleasure to kill" to "Coma of souls" was remarkably consistent by 80's thrash standards and like a boot in the face of dull, second wave american thrash like Testament, Sacred Reich, Forbidden etc. Meanwhile, even if the debut is clumsy and derivative, I still like it; the oldest songs rooted in the Tormentor demos actually sounds a lot like the first Bathory album and they were clearly not ripping them off since I think those demos came out in 83-84.

The 90's stuff is typical "80's metal band try to mature and fit in"-stuff which in this case manifested itself as lots of lame industrial- and goth-flavored stuff as well as the typical post-thrash/"groove metal". I don't really rate this era and have no interest at all in revisiting.

Their return to more "classic" thrash suffers a lot from an overabundance of "gothenburg"/melodeath riffage and harmonies; I think Sodom and Destruction have made better comeback music in the past decade but I don't really care too much for any of those old fart 80's bands current music... Kreator was kings back in the day and that is enough for me.
jakethesnake
crate
crate

Postby M.H on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 am

I'd rate them above Destruction and Sodom (who were downright clumsy most of the time), but I've never understood the appeal of any of the 80's Deutsche-thrash bands at all.

Crap.
M.H
kofi annan
kofi annan

Postby SecondEdition on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm

From the little I've heard, I think they're fun but not amazing. Big influence on one of my favorite newer metal bands, but I'll probably wait to delve into a full-length.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

In the someday, what's that sound.

CS. PC. MM.
SecondEdition
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby jakethesnake on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 am

Baja 1000 wrote:Good band - fit in well with Broken Bones and English Dogs on mixtapes.
Some (well, Berger and Cosloy anyway) were pushing that Volcano Suns/Breaking Circus/Live Skull leftist college crap, but the kidz for the most part were not buying.
"Command Of The Blade" still commands respect among Football/MMA/Trump loving Deplorables the world over.

So? Mille Petrozza was-and remains-"leftist" as fuck and is hardly the type of dude who would ever endorse Trump. And I doubt the average "Football/MMA/Trump loving Deplorable" is particularly likely to blast "Pleasure to kill" either. I remember that Kreator-like Sodom and Celtic Frost-were one of a handful metal-acts who were popular amongst crusties, D-Beat and anarchist-punks back in the day though... MayBe that was a strictly euro-thing...

EDIT:Seriously, trying to connect prime Kreator with football and MMA fans strike me as very strange. Sure your'e not referring to Pantera? Kreator appealed more to proto death-metal tape-trader dorks and hardcore thrashers who wanted to go beyond Slayer; hardly a populist meathead act at all, more a connoiseur/music-nerd thing...
jakethesnake
crate
crate

Postby Bernardo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:33 pm

this is turning out to be a lot of work
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Return to Crap / Not Crap