Band: Xiu Xiu

Crap
38%
Not Crap
62%

Total votes : 86

Re: Band: Xiu Xiu

Postby oZZma on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:08 pm

I was counting how many crap CDs/LPs I have in my collection from the pre-internet era (or stuff I just don't like anymore). Although I gave a lot of them away when I moved to another town, still too many.
Unfortunately I own a copy of Knife Play. Jeeeezuz. One of the most annoying records I have ever heard. This band is some HUGE crap, some waffles because I never bothered to listen to the rest but I doubt I must expect surprises.
vade retro Santana
oZZma
hubert humphrey
hubert humphrey

Re: Band: Xiu Xiu

Postby Get dog costumes on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 pm

oZZma wrote:Unfortunately I own a copy of Knife Play. Jeeeezuz. One of the most annoying records I have ever heard. This band is some HUGE crap, some waffles because I never bothered to listen to the rest but I doubt I must expect surprises.

Surprises are one thing I feel I can count on with this band. I mean, he's got a clear aesthetic and always sounds like himself, no matter who else is playing with him, but he always sounds fresh and original to me.

I don't go back to all his albums, but I'm impressed with his ideas and certainly his work ethic. Knife Play has some jams.
Marsupialized wrote:She had a gun, so I did it. I had the decency to go into a stall to do it, though.
Get dog costumes
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap