Dark Angel

Crap
No votes
Not Crap
100%

Total votes : 1

Band: Dark Angel

Postby Plastic Eggs on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 am

These guys don't get talked about enough for whatever reason. Taco riffs out the proverbial ass with none of the weak bullshit that plagued many of their peers (Overkill, Testament, and Forbidden, I'm looking at you.) Much more in line with rough Teutonic thrash coming out of Germany at time, but tighter and more skilled.

In fact, I think I prefer "Darkness Descends" to "Reign In Blood." Relentless stuff.
Plastic Eggs
gus hansen
gus hansen

Re: Band: Dark Angel

Postby Bernardo on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Darkness Descends is great stuff, I used to prefer Time Does Not Heal to it (with its two hundred something riffs), but totally changed my mind with age. I wouldn't say they were better than Slayer, though, the music is not as memorable and way too long winded, in comparison, especially, if Reign in Blood enters the ring.

Gene Hoglan is an animal. I saw him playing up close a couple years back, he came as part of a Death tribute band and I did FOH for the opening act so I got to watch the show from right next to the drum kit for a while, and it was a rare case of a metal drummer who uses a several-piece kit who sounds as powerful right up close as he does on the PA.
Bernardo
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Re: Band: Dark Angel

Postby Bernardo on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:12 pm

metal injection
Bernardo

Return to Crap / Not Crap