Band: LAMPS

Postby Sprague Dawley on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:25 am

how has this one not been done?

LAMPS are #1 garage band.

N.C.

s/t: 9.5/10
Lamps: 9/10
Under the water: 9.5/10

the only reason they don't get perfect 10's is sometimes if you come at them in the wrong mood the gittars can sound a bit high pitched

ps if this thread goes the way of my ebola zaire quarantined LIFE STINKS thread then ALL you pricks are **ON REPORT** with the ICIC.

*Related Articles: https://internetcitingcomm.wixsite.com/onreportyoucunt
Sprague Dawley
les miserables
les miserables

Re: Band: LAMPS

Postby Sprague Dawley on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 am

hate to drop names but Buckles sent me some bonkers mp3's of new Lamps tracks. Nutty disco dance synth creepy crawly covers of Stones "Miss You" etc. Supposed to be a new lp out this year. Hurry up damnit.

BEST BAND.
Sprague Dawley
les miserables
les miserables

Postby RBoyer on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:35 am

LAMPS are fantastic, glorious, howling noise. A new LP is excellent news!
Drums/Guitar: Police Teeth, Mister Dude. Spring/Summer '19: the Purgatory Lights.
RBoyer
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby yaledelay on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 am

This band, she is a very good band
yaledelay
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

Postby LBx on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Shit hot for sure.

I've a short stack of singles but none of the LPs for some reason.

NC.
LBx
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius
Humankind's Greatest Musical Genius

Postby biscuitdough on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 pm

This is a good band.
biscuitdough
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:25 pm

This morning I was thinking about A Frames, which is something I occasionally do no matter the time of day, and thought to read an old C/NC thread looking to glean any information I previously could have missed. A forum mber posted something like: these guys sound like a shitty lamps. I then thought of this thread and went exploring.

I like this band. A lot. Spent the morning with their entire discography. The sonic similarities between LAMPS and A Frames are facile. Both are super great at creating noisy, pile-driving grooves, and often share the same tonal qualities, but LAMPS are more of a garage band - especially on the first record. I like the first record best; it's quite exhilarating!

Really looking forward to the "nutty disco dance synth..." stuff Dawley is on about. I'm working on a theory about underground punk, noise, guitar-based bands that left to time and their own devices they will inevitably write more rhythm-based music, be it spazzy or more focused. You can't exist on this plane without responding to the pulse of it.

First LAMPS record is better than the first A Frames record, but the second A Frames record is better than the second LAMPS record. Can't really square-up on a single and a full-length, but I do enjoy Black Forest a lot. The LAMPS single is OK. "All Seeing Eye" is great.

Thanks for the tip, Dawley. Much appreciated.

NC

EDIT: I missed one. Bitch-ass Amazon fucking lied to me. It starts off with the lyric "next time I see you I'm going to push you down the stairs." That's my go-to threat. I use it all the time on...on...forgot his fucking forum name. Rey in Texas. Red something or another. I digress. Tip top band, and hearing dude bark that lyric out had me rolling.

WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Sprague Dawley on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:49 pm

it's weird you mention A FRAMES as them and Lamps are the two bands I think of as "why aren't these bands more popular? WHY?" Other bands not worth a beetle's dick break it big and Lamps and A Frames chug (chugged) along miles under the radar. They should both be bigger than shit!

RS, if you know how I could "send" the 5 or so new Lamps cover tracks now on my "mp3" player to you I'm all ears. Actually they might be just Buckles dicking around without band.
Sprague Dawley
les miserables
les miserables

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Sprague Dawley wrote:RS, if you know how I could "send" the 5 or so new Lamps cover tracks now on my "mp3" player to you I'm all ears. Actually they might be just Buckles dicking around without band.

Oh, word? Thank you. I don't know what kind of player you have, or how Buckels got the tracks to you. I'm assuming an email client? Could you dash them over via Gmail or whatever you use? I'm practically a luddite. Randall (dot) Murphy (AT) Gmail (DOT) com.

You know, we used to have a prf Gmail account way back when where folks would send files to for picking and disseminating. I doubt that's still a thing, but who knows. If you can't that's cool. The thought of you doing it is just as cool.

RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby RSMurphy on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:13 pm

In return I have an unreleased recording of a song by a project called Paris Gun. It's Steven Drozd, some Flaming Lips roadie, and Kliph...I think. Time flies and all. Anyway, if a 70's proggy space ballad that sounds absolutely nothing like the Lips might be your steeze, I'll trade you.

RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Return to Crap / Not Crap