Elizabeth Warren

Not crap
62%
Crap
38%

Total votes : 61

Re: 2020 Trump Opponent: Elizabeth Warren

Postby Wood Goblin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:27 am

Having said that, Sanders also has actually good polling numbers—something I don’t think was ever true of Paul.
Wood Goblin
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Angus Jung on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 pm

#NEW National @Reuters/@Ipsos Post Debate Poll:

Sanders 20%
Biden 19%
Warren 12%
Bloomberg 9%
Buttigieg 6%

Look at that Warren surge after Chauvinistgate. Out there in the real world trying to win an election and it's going great. And you have to believe it because it's the Ipsos poll.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Wood Goblin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:21 pm

Dang, how about that?
Wood Goblin

Postby tmidgett on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Angus Jung wrote:
tmidgett wrote:Twitter trends are mostly bots.

Shit, I totally forgot about Bernie's team of Russian bots.

God that's a grim voting history you got there Tim. Paul fucking Simon. JFC

Hahaha! I know it! Bow tie!

I liked Bill Bradley. Solid player. John Edwards, wow, easily the worst of the failed primary candidates for me. He at least talked about poverty pretty reg. I think that's what did it.

I feel like I voted for Bruce Babbitt once. Guess not.

Bots are snaking the Warren shit, yes. Discord is good for the bot people. Gets them a rep for being good at running shit up the Twitpole.
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby andteater on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:55 pm

Andrew. wrote:Since all the candidates from Warren to Sanders and Biden to Klobuchar are flawed, it's wise not to mention or discuss any of those flaws during the primaries or to evaluate them on a political basis. More strategic to post about "Drumpf" and the Russians.

both methods are dumb.

using twitter to post about Trump is Putin's boy and getting 100 instant likes is the equivalent of the PRF BBQ. A bunch of like minded, relatively untalented people gravitating towards each other for support.

the insane shit you can read about Bernie from the Warren superfans and the crazy ass "SHE IS WORKING FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY" martyr shit the Bernie crew is just way beyond all normal criticism.
andteater
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity
Saint Who Rules w/ Extensive Magnanimity

Postby Boombats on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Man you really hate the BBQ huh
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby curry pervert on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:48 am

Twitter is more important than you give it credit for. If it wasn't, the rich right wing globalists wouldn't be paying hundreds of people to post shit on it as a full time job.
curry pervert
robert rauschenberg
robert rauschenberg

Postby Gramsci on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:39 am

curry pervert wrote:Twitter is more important than you give it credit for. If it wasn't, the rich right wing globalists wouldn't be paying hundreds of people to post shit on it as a full time job.

Nah, they’re just billionaire Grandpa Simpsons being grifted by Turning Point et al ghouls. Rightwing “Youth Groups” exist to reassure Fox Brained Sundowners that some hip and jive Kids aren’t down with “The Pronoun Wars”.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.
Gramsci
World's Greatest Writer
World's Greatest Writer

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 am

Gramsci wrote:Nah, they’re just billionaire Grandpa Simpsons being grifted by Turning Point et al ghouls. Rightwing “Youth Groups” exist to reassure Fox Brained Sundowners that some hip and jive Kids aren’t down with “The Pronoun Wars”.

Nicely put. Twitter is a formidable neutering force on the left, sadly (as it's doing a great job of it).
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby total_douche on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 am

andteater wrote:
Andrew. wrote:Since all the candidates from Warren to Sanders and Biden to Klobuchar are flawed, it's wise not to mention or discuss any of those flaws during the primaries or to evaluate them on a political basis. More strategic to post about "Drumpf" and the Russians.

both methods are dumb.

using twitter to post about Trump is Putin's boy and getting 100 instant likes is the equivalent of the PRF BBQ. A bunch of like minded, relatively untalented people gravitating towards each other for support.

the insane shit you can read about Bernie from the Warren superfans and the crazy ass "SHE IS WORKING FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY" martyr shit the Bernie crew is just way beyond all normal criticism.

u mad bro?
total_douche
the white ho
the white ho

Postby tmidgett on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:15 am

I'm not saying Twitter and Facebook aren't influential.

I'm saying they are gamed very heavily.

Pay close attention to what you see there. The agitation is mostly automated.

Anyone who works in these fields knows this to be true.

In fact, your entire internet experience is curated for you, including search.

Even the EA forum--no ads, seems egalitarian, a throwback in a good way.

But you're still being fed these topics based on what floats to the top.

Think about that for a sec. It's what floats to the top...as nudged up there by whoever actually has the time and inclination to type here. It's only self-policing and whatever bot stomper the site has that keeps it down to actual human beings. And this is best-case scenario, because the agendas anyone here has, such as they are, are pretty loose.

So little of the content you encounter online is due to you "discovering" it. You're being fed.

You can make some parallel arguments about the rest of our lives, but it's different--the influence of promotion and curation is less concentrated, and it's not being fuckin' mainlined into your brain the way the web is.
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby total_douche on Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:42 pm

tmidgett wrote:So little of the content you encounter online is due to you "discovering" it. You're being fed.

As anyone who builds model kits and has to find reference material knows... what you actually need is almost always going to be on page five or six, after the sponsored content. As a search engine, Google used to be great... now it's pure crap.
total_douche
the white ho
the white ho

Postby tmidgett on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 pm

total_douche wrote:As a search engine, Google used to be great... now it's pure crap.

Google used to be immature. Now it's what it was supposed to be to start with.

Alphabet (the company that "owns" Google) is worth a trillion dollars.

It's embedded into everyone's life in ways we don't even comprehend.

Same with Twitter and Facebook and Instagram. They're literally running experiments on all of us every time we use them.

And once we've used them, sometimes even when we aren't using them. Google knows about 70% of the credit card transactions in the U.S. Including those that happen offline!

Back on topic (sorta), the bots aren't seen as being detrimental--they're a feature. They're part of the experimental process. They're part of the reason Twitter is worth what it is.
tmidgett
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby mrcancelled on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Looks like Google just added the returned sites' favicon next to each site listed in search results. Is it just me or does this look really similar to how their "promoted" sites were listed before? The first few times I saw this I kept scrolling down thinking what the fuck--they allow an entire page of promoted results now?
mrcancelled
grand
grand

Postby famousjunkie on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:44 pm

total_douche wrote:Google used to be great... now it's pure crap.

Speaking of that, are there any good alternatives on the rise? Really hate the way it's evolved over the last few years. The feature that crawls the highest result for answers to your search (as if all searches are 'questions' that have concise bullet point answers) and presents the info in a table before the search results? I can't imagine the misinformation that spreads because of that presentation, which gives the information the appearance of fact and an endorsement from Google. The algorithm that automatically takes words out of your search because it assumes you're too stupid to know what you're looking for?

I always knew Google was evil, but at least it used to be good.
Last edited by famousjunkie on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famousjunkie
ernie
ernie

Postby famousjunkie on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:45 pm

double post
famousjunkie
ernie
ernie

Postby Me Again on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:16 pm

Good alternative to Google: DuckDuckGo.

I still use Google on my phone and have gmail accounts, but DuckDuckGo is the better search engine, i.e. they don't do creepy shit, or really anything, with your "data."
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
cool kid
cool kid

Postby BClark on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Me Again wrote:Good alternative to Google: DuckDuckGo.

I still use Google on my phone and have gmail accounts, but DuckDuckGo is the better search engine, i.e. they don't do creepy shit, or really anything, with your "data."

+1
I composed and produced the album California is Cold by Shahmen. Our song Poison has a video.
BClark
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby Me Again on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:49 pm

Damn, she's had the sickest burns in this debate. Bloomberg is no match for her. She's eating him alive!
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
cool kid
cool kid

Postby VaticanShotglass on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm

Me Again wrote:Damn, she's had the sickest burns in this debate. Bloomberg is no match for her. She's eating him alive!

Agreed. She's sharper than in the past few showings.
VaticanShotglass
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap