Crap
No votes
Not Crap
100%

Total votes : 18

Re: Podcast: Crash and Ride

Postby Andrew. on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:45 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:
Crash and Ride is now available on Spotify.

Speaking of Spotify, I have been thinking hard about FM Andrew's suggestion, and I am now doing a Spotify playlist for every episode. That playlist will contain some songs from each week's guest, some songs from bands that I have met while out on tour (because Pinky Doodle Poodle is always on tour) and some PRF bands, because I have not forgotten where I came from.

Right on! Will check out!
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby dontfeartheringo on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:59 pm

So, last week I released the C&R interview with Ryley Walker. This week my inbox blew up.

This thing is going really well, I guess. I have an interview coming out on Saturday at midnight with Friendship Commanders, a Nashville band who made a record at Electrical. We talk about that experience, some. It's a good talk.

Did I tell everyone I won that grant? I won that grant. I'm making t-shirts, soon.

Thank you for listening, everyone.
Anthony Flack wrote:The sax would be a cool instrument if people would only stop making it go burrrrrBLEEEEEE.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Pasta on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:33 pm

I will purchase said tshirts, and some coffee. gonna have to do Paytrion, but, fuck it, it's you.

This thing is fucking awesome. My shrink from rehab, and my shrink are now listeners.
RSMurphy wrote:Everything I enjoy about metal: heavy, cool riffs, hooks, expressive vocals.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby voncorn on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:18 am

I really needed to hear the Ryley Walker episode at this mentally turbulent juncture in my life. I'm rooting for him and his recovery from attempted suicide and his newfound sobriety.
voncorn
alderman
alderman

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Pasta wrote:I will purchase said tshirts, and some coffee. gonna have to do Paytrion, but, fuck it, it's you.

ACTUALLY, merch will be available through other means.... I'll have a web store up soon and it won't be through Patreon! I am working on it now!

This thing is fucking awesome. My shrink from rehab, and my shrink are now listeners.

God, I hope they don't hate me for being such a tyro in the field. Real professionals! Egad.

In other news, the new episode is out. I spoke with Friendship Commanders, who recorded their most recent LP at Electrical with FM steve. I think they're great. I realize they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Buick Audra, the singer, and I have such a similar history, her vocals stab me right in the heart.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/28460967
Anthony Flack wrote:The sax would be a cool instrument if people would only stop making it go burrrrrBLEEEEEE.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby dontfeartheringo on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Big plans, big plans. All kinds of stuff happening.

I spoke with a friend a few weeks ago, back around the same time I spoke to FM Evan Rowe. This friend talked for four hours. It was just a torrent of sadness, regret, sorrow, mania, everything.

Dude was HURTING. I got it all on tape, but it's been on a shelf since then, because life has been so busy with Pinky Doodle Poodle shows, and summer with the kiddo, and other interviews, and life.

Well, I've finally started digging through that interview. There's a lot there.

This friend was dragged (willingly) into the late '90s record company machine, ground up, and spat out again (unwillingly) and it really affected him. I don't know how much to leave in about his journey, because much of it is arcana from an era that is long past. But it's also interesting to hear how much detail he retains about who was running what label, who went where, what the "culture" was like at Geffen before David Geffen left vs after. It's the kind of detail one could only care about if their career was hanging by a thread and run by men who don't really give a shit about you, but who could kill your ambitions on a whim.

It's like listening to the business news except that people are dying. Well, I guess people are dying when you listen to the business news, too.

This episode probably will be two parts. I don't know when the first part will come out, but it might be this week. I'm still hacking my way through this four hour torrent of misery.

I have been happy with the recent episodes, especially with Ryley Walker and with Bill Mallonee.

I've got some more interesting guests coming up.

Thanks for listening.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 am

Hey, friends!

The Crash and Ride interview with FM Tim Midyett drops tomorrow (Saturday, August 10th) at midnight.

Surprise.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Maurice on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:04 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:Hey, friends!

The Crash and Ride interview with FM Tim Midyett drops tomorrow (Saturday, August 10th) at midnight.

Surprise.

There it is!

Outstanding work on all of these! Thank you, DFTR!
music every week | here, too | snwv | other stuff

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask you: What the fuck?
Maurice
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Major on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:24 am

This is my new favorite podcast. I listened to Faiz’s episode twice because it resonated so much with me. About halfway into Josie Cool’s second part which is very interesting. Ryley Walker’s was BIG OOF as the kids say. Related to a lot of it.

Keep it up, Patrick!
Major
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Major wrote:This is my new favorite podcast.

I'm honored. I'll do my best to keep doing good work.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Pasta on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Major wrote:This is my new favorite podcast.

Started listening early in my recovery journey.

I listen to THE MENTAL ILLNESS HAPPY HOUR first thing every Saturday morning. And, now, CRASH AND RIDE first thing every Sunday morning.

Refuge recovery has been one of the support groups I've been in since I got out of rehab. Along with AA. I'd taken the last few weeks off of Refuge, due to fatigue ( mostly physical but emotional as well). Todays interview with Fmtmidget made me stop, and think, I needed some solid meditation. Went to refuge tonight, again. Really happy I did.

Thanks for everything you do brother Ringo.
RSMurphy wrote:Everything I enjoy about metal: heavy, cool riffs, hooks, expressive vocals.
Pasta

Postby Andrew. on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:42 pm

dontfeartheringo wrote:Hey, friends!

Lovely conversation with good insights re: Jason Molina and alcoholism as well as less serious topics.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby dontfeartheringo on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:00 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:Big plans, big plans. All kinds of stuff happening.

I spoke with a friend a few weeks ago, back around the same time I spoke to FM Evan Rowe. This friend talked for four hours. It was just a torrent of sadness, regret, sorrow, mania, everything.

Dude was HURTING. I got it all on tape, but it's been on a shelf since then, because life has been so busy with Pinky Doodle Poodle shows, and summer with the kiddo, and other interviews, and life.

Well, I've finally started digging through that interview. There's a lot there.

This friend was dragged (willingly) into the late '90s record company machine, ground up, and spat out again (unwillingly) and it really affected him. I don't know how much to leave in about his journey, because much of it is arcana from an era that is long past. But it's also interesting to hear how much detail he retains about who was running what label, who went where, what the "culture" was like at Geffen before David Geffen left vs after. It's the kind of detail one could only care about if their career was hanging by a thread and run by men who don't really give a shit about you, but who could kill your ambitions on a whim.

It's like listening to the business news except that people are dying. Well, I guess people are dying when you listen to the business news, too.

This episode probably will be two parts. I don't know when the first part will come out, but it might be this week. I'm still hacking my way through this four hour torrent of misery.

I have been happy with the recent episodes, especially with Ryley Walker and with Bill Mallonee.

I've got some more interesting guests coming up.

Thanks for listening.

This episode is the current episode!! It is very long! Tomorrow's episode is the second part! It is not as long!

Enjoy!
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby bart favre on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:50 am

Great work DFTR. Your interviews are really well done. They are very warm and comforting. I have been lucky that my struggles have been relatively minor in my life, but we all have our shit. Being pushed by my wife to reflect and take the time to learn about myself has caused the biggest sea change in my life. I discovered that that my upbringing has shaped both my strengths and weaknesses. I've learned the importance of self-awareness and embraced continuous improvement in recent years. It is constant work. This podcast has been a great new companion on this journey. Thank you.
bart favre
jacques pepin
jacques pepin

Postby dontfeartheringo on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Anybody in LA that could let a podcaster couch surf at their place in the second or third week of Rocktober?
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 am

Episode 34 is an interview with Erika Rickson of the band Motherfucker. Pt. 1 is great, but Pt. 2, which will be up in a week, is a real love letter to the PRF.

Thank you all for your continued support, thank you for being amazing. I hope the campout is going well!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/30891783
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby mazacultura on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Just rolling by to say this podcast is great, dude. The interview with Christian Lembach from Whores was so good. Always assumed they were an "are you triggered?" type band with the name and song titles, so I never fully dug in. Glad to be proven dead fucking wrong.
mazacultura
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:14 pm

mazacultura wrote:Just rolling by to say this podcast is great, dude. The interview with Christian Lembach from Whores was so good. Always assumed they were an "are you triggered?" type band with the name and song titles, so I never fully dug in. Glad to be proven dead fucking wrong.

Thank you. I'm glad people enjoy it.

The whole thing has turned out to be an exercise in gratitude: I'm grateful people listen. I'm grateful people come on and open their hearts. I'm grateful people like the t-shirts. I'm grateful I get to do this.

Thanks, everybody.

This interview with Erika Rickson is one of the best, so far. It's interesting that all of the best interviews are with PRF people. I'm lucky to have this place.
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

Postby Pasta on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 am

dontfeartheringo wrote:
This interview with Erika Rickson is one of the best, so far. It's interesting that all of the best interviews are with PRF people. I'm lucky to have this place.

AND, this place is lucky to have you.
Pasta

Postby dontfeartheringo on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:38 am

Hello, friends!

This week's episode is an interview with FM Josh Hensley of the band The Rutabega. You can listen on the Crash and Ride Patreon page or just search for Crash and Ride on your favorite podcast app!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/31259358
dontfeartheringo
Master of Cunnilingus
Master of Cunnilingus

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap