Meet Pete!
40%
Not ready for prime time
60%

Total votes : 48

Re: 2020 Trump Opponent: Pete Buttigieg

Postby nihil on Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Angus Jung wrote:
Seriously, fuck this loathsome Howdy Doody-looking piece of crap.

Amen
nihil
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby askii on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:55 pm

This little shitbag is an even more aggressive defender of the neoliberal status quo than Biden is. Seriously, find someone who looks at you the way Mayo Pete looks at private health insurance premiums.

The reactionary zeal with which he leaned into that Harvard Debate Club showdown with Beto over mandatory gun buybacks, incrementalism vs. ambitious reform, etc., aaaalmost made me feel bad for Beto.

As for the mind-bogglingly, exhaustingly disingenuous argument that there is some kind of metaphysical difference between payroll deductions used to buy insurance CEOs' yachts and payroll deductions used to fund public services: there is a handy new interactive tax policy simulator, courtesy of famed Berkeley economists Saez and Zucman, that allows users to see for themselves just how fucking stupid this is. Sample output:

Data for Progress poll-tested these four (anonymized) plans, and the results are shocking. Shocking!

But we're supposed to believe the Rhodes scholar doesn't understand any of this -- or risk pools, administrative overhead, drug price negotiation, or anything else about how healthcare works. Mmmmkay.
askii
mime
mime

Postby jimmy two hands on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm done with this guy. He's a less violent and smirky version of Klobuchar.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Angus Jung on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:49 am

He's positioning himself as the fallback for Biden voters as Biden continues to falter, and it seems to be working. He's rising in the polls in Iowa. Mayo Pete is gonna be around a while.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby VaticanShotglass on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:16 am

blech. His angling is so transparent, but I guess most people aren't paying attention too closely? I missed the last debate, but most of the edited clips seem to be pushing Klobuchar's time on the clock, then this guy, who managed to sneer a little less than she did.
VaticanShotglass
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby A_Man_Who_Tries on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:22 am

Huge fan of LGBTQ as Let's Get Buttigieg To Quit.
maintain a healthy foe list
A_Man_Who_Tries
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby RSMurphy on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 pm

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:Huge fan of LGBTQ as Let's Get Buttigieg To Quit.

Gurl!

Hasn't this man been through enough?
WHALES CHICAGO USA THE MUSIC OF SOUND BANDACMP EP NOISEPOP

LTD. EDITION VINYL COPIES OF SIZE AND SCALE

Trey wrote:I think Randy is great.

Surfrider wrote:Come on Randy! You can do it!!
RSMurphy
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby Angus Jung on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Man the last couple weeks have been a shitshow:

-The Tea Party speech Randall linked now coming to light

-A much more recent speech in which he said he'd be willing to send U.S. troops to Mexico to fight drug and gang violence, right out of the Marco Rubio playbook

-The debacle over fake endorsements from black leaders for his "Douglass Plan for black America"
This disturbing article highlights several examples of extremely shitty/borderline disqualifying behavior on the part of his campaign
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby askii on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:18 am

Angus Jung wrote:-The debacle over fake endorsements from black leaders for his "Douglass Plan for black America"
This disturbing article highlights several examples of extremely shitty/borderline disqualifying behavior on the part of his campaign

Wwwwow. Apparently Mayo Pete's attempt to out-Biden Biden extends to the Record Player Moment and "poor kids are as bright as white kids".

Ryan Grim wrote:Thigpen, meanwhile, has endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders for president, and was startled when he learned the [Buttigieg] campaign had not only attached his name to the plan, but also listed him as one of three prominent supporters atop the letter.

[...]

“How it was rolled out was not an accurate representation of where I stand,” Thigpen told The Intercept. “I didn’t know about its rolling out. Somebody brought it to my attention, and it was alarming to me, because even though I had had conversations with the campaign, it was clear to me, or at least I thought I made it clear to them, that I was a strong Bernie Sanders supporter — actually co-chair of the state, and I was not seeking to endorse their candidate or the plan."

[...]

Thigpen said he reached out to the Sanders campaign to let them know what had happened, and aides there said they would talk to the Buttigieg campaign.

:popcorn:
askii
mime
mime

Postby Andrew. on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Meanwhile, his work at McKinsey (where he says he got his "street smarts") included advancing US business interests in Iraq and Afghanistan.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/he ... g-mckinsey

I see that like Elizabeth Warren, he says he's a proud "democratic capitalist."
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Clyde on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Man, Mayor Pete isn't just as bad as Biden, he's somehow worse. With Biden at least he's come to his shitty politics honestly. In his soggy-bowl-of-cornflakes brain he genuinely thinks back fondly on sitting around in a hot-tub with Strom Thurmond slapping asses and coming together in bipartisanship to prevent anti-redlining laws. He's proud of that shit. I mean, say what you will about the tenets of Limp Centrism, dude, at least its an ethos. Mayor Pete doesn't care one way or the other. He just wants to get elected without offending power. He's ruthlessly ambitious even by the standards of a politician. I bet he was resume-building, learning to count to 10 in Estonian and equivocating about fair-hiring practices when he was in kindergarten.
When he first came to national attention he seemed, you know, fine. Better than a replacement-level Democrats like Chuck Schumer or Mark Warner because at the was claiming to be for The Green New Deal and Single Payer. How quickly did he go from that to bad-faith, bog-standard DLC banalities like:
Instead of providing free college tuition for the children of millionaires and billionaires, I will open doors of opportunity for Americans who choose not to go to college with massive investments in apprenticeships, workforce training, and lifelong learning programs.

Gee whiz! A month from now Payo Mete is going to be out there advocating means-testing libraries and sweatshop internships. This guy needs to fuck off back to McKinsey and do some woke insider-trading or whatever.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde

Postby Boombats on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 pm

They gave him an easy question - is military spending too high and would you change it? - and he said yes it's a problem... because we don't spend enough on artificial fucking intelligence. A human being with any conscience or at least someone making an attempt to care about progressive values would say "yeah, we spend too much on billion dollar planes dropping million dollar bombs, and not nearly enough on our troops or veterans" but instead he went off about how China is leading in AI and Trump is a stupid old man who wants moats and alligators. This dude's a fucking robot. Even if he's right from a strategic standpoint, his priorities are fucked up.
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby AdamN on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:29 am

He's a giant hit with the youth of today. Slipknot kid is most impressed.

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/ ... 4124537856
AdamN
men "the master" nguyen
men "the master" nguyen

Postby curry pervert on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 pm

Boombats wrote:Trump is a stupid old man who wants moats and alligators.

Not a fan of Pete's Butt Gig, but that line is on the money.
curry pervert
lt. sharon 'boomer' valerii
lt. sharon 'boomer' valerii

Postby rayword45 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Clyde wrote:Man, Mayor Pete isn't just as bad as Biden, he's somehow worse. With Biden at least he's come to his shitty politics honestly. In his soggy-bowl-of-cornflakes brain he genuinely thinks back fondly on sitting around in a hot-tub with Strom Thurmond slapping asses and coming together in bipartisanship to prevent anti-redlining laws. He's proud of that shit. I mean, say what you will about the tenets of Limp Centrism, dude, at least its an ethos. Mayor Pete doesn't care one way or the other. He just wants to get elected without offending power. He's ruthlessly ambitious even by the standards of a politician. I bet he was resume-building, learning to count to 10 in Estonian and equivocating about fair-hiring practices when he was in kindergarten.
When he first came to national attention he seemed, you know, fine. Better than a replacement-level Democrats like Chuck Schumer or Mark Warner because at the was claiming to be for The Green New Deal and Single Payer. How quickly did he go from that to bad-faith, bog-standard DLC banalities like:
Instead of providing free college tuition for the children of millionaires and billionaires, I will open doors of opportunity for Americans who choose not to go to college with massive investments in apprenticeships, workforce training, and lifelong learning programs.

Gee whiz! A month from now Payo Mete is going to be out there advocating means-testing libraries and sweatshop internships. This guy needs to fuck off back to McKinsey and do some woke insider-trading or whatever.

YES. THIS. ALL OF THIS. I honest to god hate Buttigieg more than Biden and think he would be a more societally detrimental president than Biden, and at the same time I think he has a significantly lesser chance of winning the general than Biden, Warren or Sanders. At least Biden has the reason of being a boomer for his policies being so bad, Buttigieg feels like a calculated power-grabber who's every word is groomed for TV. Amy Klobuchar = Selina Meyer is the joke, but Buttigieg is like a competent Selina Meyer.

Whatever happened to the days when flip-flopping was seen as a bad thing? I don't think it is (because I mean, learn from your mistakes) but Buttigieg's policy flips have all been for the worse, not to mention his dumbass controversies of recent that they just ignored in the debate for... some reason. Biden at least seems like he has (terrible, fucked up, regressive) values he stands by, If the polls said "most swing state voters are single-issue voters against gay marriage" this asshole would say he went through conversion therapy and pledge to ban gay marriage via executive order in a debate against Trump. ofc that's irrelevant because this chucklefuck would lose to Trump in a heartbeat, and then the media would just blame "Bernie Bros" or say shit they're saying now like "black people are uniquely homophobic" (yeah, it's the gay that's making black Democrats hate Buttigieg, not his terrible records on race and his terrible present-day actions regarding race). In what way does the DNC think this assclown would attract "swing voters" or "disgruntled Trump supporters"?
rayword45
david hockney
david hockney

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap