Meet Pete!
40%
Not ready for prime time
60%

Total votes : 47

Re: 2020 Trump Opponent: Pete Buttigieg

Postby jeff_fox on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 am

dp
Last edited by jeff_fox on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby jeff_fox on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am

ldopa_chicago wrote:
jeff_fox wrote: Decades of HRC being a warmongering, private prison-supporting, working class-hating neoliberal absolutely caused her to lose to the most unqualified candidate in history

FYP.

See, to me this is the problem. Attributing HRC's loss to anything other than an abject failure of her as a candidate and centrist Democratic policy (or lack thereof). The solution to Trump is not more bullshit centrism; that indeed is the cause of Trump. The solution to Trump is a strong left candidate. Pelosi and the rest of the DNC bootlickers cozying up to Blue Cross Blue Shield is going to be the kind of shit that gets Trump reelected.

Would you deny that if the 2016 candidate were Biden, he would have won easily? HRC and Biden are nearly identical on the political spectrum. But he was considered a 'cool dude' until recently.

And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox

Postby Clyde on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:29 am

jeff_fox wrote:And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?

It's hard to know where he stands or what exactly his politics are given that he's basically come out of nowhere and that he makes a point of speaking in vague platitudes rather than express an ideological perspective or offer many policy proposals. That in itself is a warning sign. And he's been hanging out with Neera Tanden at Stop Bernie! events so, I mean, probably not that far off from Biden or Clinton.
NewDarkAge wrote:Dialectics, mate. No easy answers.
Clyde
Lode Star of the Twenty-First Century

Postby nihil on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 am

Antero wrote:The fuck is going on where this sack of shit security state centrist whose only policy value is "rich people want me to beat bernie" has any NC votes? Do your fucking research people.

+1
nihil
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby ldopa_chicago on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am

jeff_fox wrote:
ldopa_chicago wrote:
jeff_fox wrote: Decades of HRC being a warmongering, private prison-supporting, working class-hating neoliberal absolutely caused her to lose to the most unqualified candidate in history

FYP.

See, to me this is the problem. Attributing HRC's loss to anything other than an abject failure of her as a candidate and centrist Democratic policy (or lack thereof). The solution to Trump is not more bullshit centrism; that indeed is the cause of Trump. The solution to Trump is a strong left candidate. Pelosi and the rest of the DNC bootlickers cozying up to Blue Cross Blue Shield is going to be the kind of shit that gets Trump reelected.

Would you deny that if the 2016 candidate were Biden, he would have won easily? HRC and Biden are nearly identical on the political spectrum. But he was considered a 'cool dude' until recently.

And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?

Honestly I don't know. Probably? It would depend a bit upon how his campaign was run. Let's not forget that Trump barely won and a slightly better candidate probably would've won. To me this only emphasizes what a shitty candidate HRC was and how out of touch the DNC is.
jimmy two hands wrote:Jam econo for fuck's sake.

I play guitar in Daddy's Boy
I played guitar in Fake Limbs and bass in Burn Permits.
ldopa_chicago
Leader with Extraordinary Personality

Postby djimbe on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:23 pm

jeff_fox wrote:And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?

South Bend used to be a pretty Democratic heavy town, back when Studebaker and Uniroyal and other old fashioned Big Labor industries fed the tax base, but those days are long gone. It's health care and financials and the Education Industrial complex now and he's been elected twice to run things for the swells. As I said at the top, I work with a lot of self decribed conservatives, Trump voters, and union people that regularly pull the lever for Republicans because of shit like God and guns. Their most vocal bitch about Mayo Pete isn't his leadership style or his policies, it's his choice of spouse.

Clyde wrote: he makes a point of speaking in vague platitudes rather than express an ideological perspective or offer many policy proposals. That in itself is a warning sign. And he's been hanging out with Neera Tanden at Stop Bernie! events so, I mean, probably not that far off from Biden or Clinton.

Gotta agree. The vagueness isn't a bug, it's a feature. He's said so explicitly...
djimbe
urinated in reservoir
urinated in reservoir

Postby Andrew. on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm

The Obama/HRC bundlers like him.

Major bundlers who raised money for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaigns are throwing their efforts behind South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who will come to Washington next month for a fundraiser.

The fundraiser comes as Buttigieg is increasingly attracting interest and enlisting help from major Democratic bundlers, with more than two dozen of the party’s top fundraisers now supporting him,

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/buttigieg- ... rs-n996121

Weird how the wealthy establishment bundlers fear and despise Bernie and Warren for some reason but love this guy and Beto.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Postby Clyde on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Why is that nice Mayor Pete saying mean things about the Democratic front runner? He's handing the election to Trump.

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said he doubts fellow hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) can beat President Trump in a general election.

“I have a hard time seeing the coalition ultimately coming together there,” the South Bend, Ind., mayor told The New York Times.

Buttigieg also said that in 2016 voters wanted to “blow up the system,” adding that this mentality “could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are.”

Buttigieg added that at the time “people were refreshed by the novelty of that boldness" of Sanders's ideas, but that they are now less exciting.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... l-election
Clyde

Postby llllllllllllllllllllllll on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:53 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dvockins wrote:Gold hardware means you are number one.
llllllllllllllllllllllll
Guardian Diety of the Planet
Guardian Diety of the Planet

Postby Angus Jung on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:13 pm

"A peace deal between the LGBT+ community and Chick-fil-A."

Anyone looking for a good, concise example of neoliberalism - this is pretty much perfect.
Angus Jung
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby mattw on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Petey Buttgiggles? Nah. Too many cooks in the kitchen- way too many cooks- and none have a platform to stand on as solid as Bernie's. You know, he has a thing. Bernie has a thing. It's a thing that he says a billion times, but it's a thing, and the other Dems don't really have that- like, what are you about?
mattw
World's Ideal Leader w/ VersatileTalents

Postby warmowski on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:02 pm

djimbe wrote:
South Bend used to be a pretty Democratic heavy town, back when Studebaker and Uniroyal and other old fashioned Big Labor industries fed the tax base, but those days are long gone. It's health care and financials and the Education Industrial complex now and he's been elected twice to run things for the swells.

Oh man, you are reminding me that a Studebaker descendant recently put a very eye opening piece together about this guy.

https://benjaminstudebaker.com/2019/04/ ... outh-bend/

Studebaker gave South Bend’s workers jobs. Buttigieg took their homes. Studebaker hired South Bend’s workers to make cars for ordinary Americans. Buttigieg wants to hire them to make lattes for rich kids. The Americans who need a big new choice in the low-price field won’t find a friend in Buttigieg. He’s not different by design. He’s just another Ivy League McKinsey consultant looking to find ways to make the world a little bit better for rich folks and a little bit worse for everyone else.

-r
warmowski
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness
Perfect Picture of Wisdom and Boldness

Postby numberthirty on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pm

jeff_fox wrote:
ldopa_chicago wrote:

FYP.

Just to point this one out...

Tim from Hideout did a radio show where he mentioned canvasing as a part of HRC's campaign. On a couple of different occasions, he brought up that he believed that it would be a good idea to do some canvasing in Wisconsin.

When they go back to him on it, the reply was that they had Wisconsin "covered".

While I see what you're saying, I feel like just not making some of the assumptions that they did could have created a different outcome.

Never mind a different candidate taking even a slightly more serious approach.
154 wrote:Are you in Voivod or something?
numberthirty
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Boombats on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:57 pm

mattw wrote:Petey Buttgiggles? Nah. Too many cooks in the kitchen- way too many cooks

Man I misread the word "cook" and thought you were making a gay joke
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby n.c. on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 pm

tone of this thread bums me out a bit.
numberthirty wrote:No one is giving Frankenstein's Monster a cup of booze just because they have shifted from a CD burner to an interface and a computer.
n.c.

Postby jimmy two hands on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Image

The only acceptable peace deal with chik-fil-a is the masses seize each restaurant and then sew the lawn at the CEO's estate with salt and dildos. Unconditional goddamn surrender.
banjo.comics.pigfuck.stoner metal.rock operas.

AudioTruth wrote:Everything I buy from other brands break after a couple years, this is because they are only interested in making money. I'm only interested in long-lasting eargasms.
jimmy two hands
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby rayword45 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Clyde wrote:
Buttigieg also said that in 2016 voters wanted to “blow up the system,” adding that this mentality “could lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That’s how we got where we are.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... l-election

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fuck this guy
rayword45
agnes martin
agnes martin

Postby Jeremy B on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Jon Fine wrote:What had started out as free and welcoming ended up becoming as rigid and rule-bound as everything I'd hoped it would replace.
Jeremy B

Postby mattw on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Boombats wrote:
mattw wrote:Petey Buttgiggles? Nah. Too many cooks in the kitchen- way too many cooks

Man I misread the word "cook" and thought you were making a gay joke

Nah...though with all the guys running for the Dem nom, technically, there are too many cocks in the kitchen.
mattw

Postby Clyde on Thu May 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Clyde

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap