2%
Victim of Mad Era
11%
Forbidden Topic
2%

Total votes : 61

Re: Asperger Kiddo: Greta Thunberg

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:44 am

While the solar sailboat might seem like a token gesture, there are all kinds of good reasons for doing it, including taking personal responsibility, leading by example, and the fact that every tedious right wing arsehole on the planet would be lining up to cry hypocrite if she'd gone by plane.

They still do line up to cry hypocrite of course, it's their favourite rhetorical tactic and they are as reliable as the fucking tides in that respect, but they at least have to reach a bit harder and look that much more pathetic when doing so.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby TomTheBum on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:05 am

Anthony Flack wrote:While the solar sailboat might seem like a token gesture, there are all kinds of good reasons for doing it, including taking personal responsibility, leading by example, and the fact that every tedious right wing arsehole on the planet would be lining up to cry hypocrite if she'd gone by plane.

They still do line up to cry hypocrite of course, it's their favourite rhetorical tactic and they are as reliable as the fucking tides in that respect, but they at least have to reach a bit harder and look that much more pathetic when doing so.

i'm no bloody right-winger and despise them worst than tapeworms, but apart from some ironic rebuffs for ripping into her can anyone actually say anything rational about how what she says could be applied? in theory everyone should agree with her and majority probably does but what's next then? she may take the boat but there are some 45 000 planes flying every day, the first world is burning resources by minute to fuel the trade and commerce and consumerism, there is one fucking billion cars on the planet, mining, industry and so on. i can't even imagine imagining how any of that could be changed in practice. i'm sick of people just coming out and saying the right thing and agreeing with the right opinions and that, eventually everyone will have to put their balls on the line, but no one is ready to do that. not you or me or your neighbor. https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/hres ... s109ih.pdf - here is a link to the green new deal and if it's not some vague bullshit along the lines of having your cake and eating it i dunno what it is.
TomTheBum
complete piece of shit
complete piece of shit

Postby Boombats on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:36 am

So tell us what's missing there. I read it, sounds ambitious but worthwhile. You'd rather give up?
Escape Rope / Blxck Onion / Black Mesa
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby Sprague Dawley on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:43 am

TomTheBum wrote:
A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:Get fucked, you tedious prick.

are you dating her mum or something?

haha, hang in there Tom, nice comeback. I like your words.

We junior members look up to the senior forum boys for leadership and guidance but at times they tell us to get fucked you tedious prick. Prefects on the Lord of the flies island come to mind
Get dog costumes wrote:You wish. You're just another one of us.
Tearing up a bit here. This is the kindest thing anyone7s ever said to me here on the foruss generalii.
Sprague Dawley
les nessman
les nessman

Postby Me Again on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:32 am

Sprague Dawley wrote:We junior members look up to the senior forum boys for leadership and guidance but at times they tell us to get fucked you tedious prick.

It's okay, Sprague Dawley, if you're making light of a teenager, you can take it. :lol:

Anyway, this recent FB post of hers puts everything into perspective. Probably a good idea not to be on the wrong side of history with this one...

Greta Thunberg wrote:Here we go again... As you may have noticed, the haters are as active as ever - going after me, my looks, my clothes, my behaviour and my differences.
They come up with every thinkable lie and conspiracy theory. It seems they will cross every possible line to avert the focus, since they are so desperate not to talk about the climate and ecological crisis.

Being different is not an illness and the current, best available science is not opinions - it’s facts.

I honestly don’t understand why adults would choose to spend their time mocking and threatening teenagers and children for promoting science, when they could do something good instead. I guess they must simply feel so threatened by us.
But the world is waking up.
...with Euro-Sprockets coming at you from every direction.
Me Again
meatball enthusiast
meatball enthusiast

Postby Pasta on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:32 am

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:Get fucked, you tedious prick.

Nuff said
RSMurphy wrote:Everything I enjoy about metal: heavy, cool riffs, hooks, expressive vocals.
Pasta
Fucking Survivor....Fuck Cancer

Postby TomTheBum on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 am

Boombats wrote:So tell us what's missing there. I read it, sounds ambitious but worthwhile. You'd rather give up?

if i only knew. it could be some good old luddism, but that would end up being reactionary (as it is now, for the most part). then there is of course the pushing of technology to it's very limit which would probably mean cyborgs running around some wasteland killing off the last few humans, a hyperbole but i think everyone gets point. but what you have in the manifesto is essentially a proposal of maintaining the technological-capitalist order with all it's harmful, destructive effects neutralized, but i just can't see it happening. because it seems that there's a certain logic to the system to always expand and use ALL the resources available, and i don't think it's subject to human will. i just always liked that heidegger idea about ''enframing'' that as long as you see nature (or anything really) as resource you're doomed to be enslaved by technology. so all i'm saying that i'm ignorant and we're all ignorant and we don't really have the right angle.
i just hate this moralistic beautiful soul syndrome all these liberals have, they have simplified everything to these 20 piece puzzles. hilary clinton talking about green technologies being the future and shit like that, everyone saying the right thing, writing 14 page manifestos about how to deal with problems of the most immense complexity etc. just the sheer dumbing down of everything. it's like trump in reverse.
and i may be wrong about everything, but even then you have to admit that to impose something like worldwide green new deal some organization will have to grab the most extreme power to make all the vested interests abide to it. so if you can really neutralize all the harmful effects the system produces there has to be some international supergoverment who overlooks that all regulations are met and made permanent. just the logistics of that and the power someone would have to hold to set it in motion. it would also mean extremely rigid top-down bureaucracy. then again - we already have it, just pushing different agenda.
TomTheBum
complete piece of shit
complete piece of shit

Postby TomTheBum on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:54 am

oh, it would also probably mean someone setting the limit on have many times a year you're allowed to fly (if at all)
TomTheBum
complete piece of shit
complete piece of shit

Postby Ol Ray on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:12 am

I Know Only Two wrote:The subject was not meant as an insult. Greta has Asperger and she is a kiddo. I don't find it offensive, because some of my friends have Asperger, some of my friends are still kiddos, and I was (mis)diagnosed borderline autistic myself, and (maybe because of that) I don't know what is offensive about it.

And some of my best friends are black!
Ol Ray

Postby Anthony Flack on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:20 am

Certainly we're not all going to be able to be flitting around in aeroplanes, for sure not multiple times in a year. That barely even qualifies as a sacrifice, that's just basic stuff.

And I wasn't even referring to you when I said the right wingers lined up to cry hypocrite about the boat, I'm talking about the right wingers who went on and on about the energy used to build the boat and all that shit, which of course they did. The same old same old - if kids cared about the climate they wouldn't have cellphones, if Occupy Wall Street were serious they wouldn't go to Starbucks, all the usual diversionary crap. To which I would include talking about the fuel requirements of the EA forum server - what's that compared to cement production?

I refuse to accept that the problem of reforming the economy is so impossible that the only sensible option is mass extinction.
Anthony Flack
Present-day God
Present-day God

Postby jeff_fox on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 am

The vast majority of air travel is business-related, which, most of the time is THE DUMBEST REASON FOR AIR TRAVEL given current technology. Maybe once prostitution is legalized, CEO's won't feel like they need to travel as often to cheat on their wives.

My one vacation every four years can, hopefully, be spared.
zom-zom wrote:Posterior means butt.
Gay Name|Hungry Man|MegaMaul|Blank Banker
jeff_fox
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity
Power Incarnate with Endless Creativity

Postby Boombats on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:51 am

TomTheBum wrote:i just hate this moralistic beautiful soul syndrome all these liberals have, they have simplified everything to these 20 piece puzzles. hilary clinton talking about green technologies being the future and shit like that, everyone saying the right thing, writing 14 page manifestos about how to deal with problems of the most immense complexity etc. just the sheer dumbing down of everything. it's like trump in reverse.

Don't lay your gripe with shitlibs on this teenage activist.
warmowski wrote:Fire back, absolutely, always and forever no matter how much it blows Andy's mind.
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby jimmy spako on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:52 am

Not being able to "flit around" on airplanes twice a year certainly qualifies as a sacrifice if you live half a world away from your aging parents (and you have a kid or kids to boot). Not everybody is you. I hate it but that is the way life is for millions and millions and millions of people.
Isabelle Gall wrote:'Do not go smoothly into that dark night'
jimmy spako
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge
Man with Encyclopedic Knowledge

Postby TomTheBum on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am

i really do hate liberals, i won't deny that. for me they are the main reason nothing is really changing, even more so than right-wingers. i see it all the time, we all see it all the time (if you're not one of them of course). and that's the thing, she's like a gift for them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGbAMS2gGg . like what did obama do for climate exactly? all he did was bloody save the system after the 2008 crash, signing some shitty paris deal which was just lackluster symbolic paper that fundamentally wouldn't have changed anything? and then trying to build oil pipes all over the place. and then she's going to the organization that routinely okayed all sorts of imperialist wars and hasn't been able to resolve something so simple as israel-palestine conflict and cries there that they are not responsive to tackling the biggest crisis humanity has faced. i just don't see it. i said, i totally agree with her and all the science and we all known it for years and years and years, but what she's doing will not lead to anything whatsoever.
TomTheBum
complete piece of shit
complete piece of shit

Postby Boombats on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 am

thank you for your service
Boombats
Analingus Eggnog

Postby rayword45 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:49 am

Can’t tell if OP is an edgy teenager or an edgy Gen Xer

Just kidding he’s definitely the latter which is infinitely more pathetic
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby El Protoolio on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:24 am

Paragraph breaks are your friends.
El Protoolio
Present-day God
Present-day God

happy birthday marty

Postby seanurban on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 pm

TomTheBum wrote:i just always liked that heidegger idea about ''enframing'' that as long as you see nature (or anything really) as resource you're doomed to be enslaved by technology. so all i'm saying that i'm ignorant and we're all ignorant and we don't really have the right angle.

heidegger wrote:The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking.
seanurban
King High

Postby rayword45 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Dope, an edgy millennial.

You’re still utterly boring
rayword45
andy warhol
andy warhol

Postby tallchris on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Oooh, aggressive very online 26 year old dude so CONTROVERSIAL.
Bass, minivan: [BRACKETS]
Guitar, vocals: BURN PERMITS
Bass, vocals: POLICE TEETH
tallchris
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

PreviousNext

Return to Crap / Not Crap