home studios equipment staff/friends booking/rates for sale forum contact

The Fall suck

Vote and debate.

Moderators: kerble, Electrical-Staff

Re: The Fall suck

Postby Sprague Dawley on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm

kerble wrote:You're not communicating with anyone when you’re just talking to yourself.

I may be the thickiest cunt on the forum but what does this even mean? Members responded to my posts on Fall threads with more Fall opinions. How is that "talking to myself"? Hell, I even found out about 2 great albums by The Ex that I didnt know about.
Sprague Dawley
timex
timex

Postby the_joe_lemur on Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Sprague Dawley wrote:I...be the thickiest cunt on the forum
The FM formerly known as lemur68

sulfur)addict wrote:Jordan Peterson is the Limp Bizkit of educated thought.
the_joe_lemur
mime
mime

Postby nblinko9 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Really? What's the big deal? He got excited about a band and wanted to talk about it? Seems like a good place for it
nblinko9
viscount
viscount

Postby mrcancelled on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am

Spotify is whatever but I gotta say, I own all the early Fall albums but don't have the bonus tracks, which I guess are just on the CD re-releases. There are a ton of songs, both live/studio, that I've never ever heard before finding them recently and they're all terrific.

The Fall suck!
mrcancelled
richard scarry
richard scarry

Postby VaticanShotglass on Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:12 pm

I've been listening to the fall for the first time in years. I'm posting here because there are 20 the fall threads and I'm just going to post in the most recent one.

Anyway, I always had cold feet about this band because of the sheer volume of material. I have a compilation that I like a lot and one or two other albums, but I never went down the rabbit hole. I still haven't. I don't really have disposable income right not to spend on albums either. But lately I've been listening to various Peel Sessions by year on YouTube. I've mostly focused the ones from the 80s. I'm really digging it. Don't know if it will lead directly to what albums I'd like next, but whatever.
VaticanShotglass
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom
Best leader Who Realized Human Wisdom

Postby enframed on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:13 pm

VaticanShotglass wrote:I've been listening to the fall for the first time in years. I'm posting here because there are 20 the fall threads and I'm just going to post in the most recent one.

Anyway, I always had cold feet about this band because of the sheer volume of material. I have a compilation that I like a lot and one or two other albums, but I never went down the rabbit hole. I still haven't. I don't really have disposable income right not to spend on albums either. But lately I've been listening to various Peel Sessions by year on YouTube. I've mostly focused the ones from the 80s. I'm really digging it. Don't know if it will lead directly to what albums I'd like next, but whatever.

Depends which Peel Sessions, wide stylistic range in the 80s.
Records for sale.

Those most doomed to repeat history are those who know it best.
enframed
King Shit of Fuck Mountain

Postby Andrew. on Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:47 pm

I missed all those thread bumps, or I guess caught them out of the corner of my eye but didn't click on any. I'm pretty sure I got into The Fall bc of this board, in the early-mid 2000s. Didn't seem to be on the radar of my cool older brother or my own friends in the 90s. I got really into The Fall for some years there. I can imagine going back to them someday maybe, but I've been off them for a while now. Seem to have gotten my fix.
Andrew.
Heaven-Sent Hero
Heaven-Sent Hero

Previous

Return to Crap / Not Crap